New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

In all honesty it has nothing to do with Joe Gaddis, it's about the people who were teaching at the HS the same time he was outed that would be completely outraged if he was hired again. They almost rioted when he was almost re-hired in '05 before Bailey caved. Joe Gaddis is a winner, plain and simple, but if you all think Ron Gray would divide the town, Joe Gaddis would REALLY divide the town. The newer generation doesn't remember the problem, and the guys who played under him don't care because they loved him, but there's that one group (Mullins's wife is one) that would quit before they see him get hired. Not saying I agree because I think he could return the program to the glory days, but that would be a crap storm in my opinion. Mullins wouldn't recommend it (probably because his wife would be upset off more than anyone), Bailey wouldn't do it, and I bet there would be some boosters that would be upset.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could anyone who has the best interest of the program at heart say that RG is rght person for the job? Or any other assistant with no HC experience? Anyone that says he is the right person for the job is guessing because they have no facts to support their arguement. They cant talk about his record as a HC or playoff appereances as a HC because he's never been one. Oak Ridge is not a place to learn on the job. We need a proven winner at the HS level

How could anyone who has the best interest of the program at heart say that RG is rght person for the job? Or any other assistant with no HC experience? Anyone that says he is the right person for the job is guessing because they have no facts to support their arguement. They cant talk about his record as a HC or playoff appereances as a HC because he's never been one. Oak Ridge is not a place to learn on the job. We need a proven winner at the HS level

How much HC experience did Bruce Lussier have when he took over?

In all honesty it has nothing to do with Joe Gaddis, it's about the people who were teaching at the HS the same time he was outed that would be completely outraged if he was hired again. They almost rioted when he was almost re-hired in '05 before Bailey caved. Joe Gaddis is a winner, plain and simple, but if you all think Ron Gray would divide the town, Joe Gaddis would REALLY divide the town. The newer generation doesn't remember the problem, and the guys who played under him don't care because they loved him, but there's that one group (Mullins's wife is one) that would quit before they see him get hired. Not saying I agree because I think he could return the program to the glory days, but that would be a crap storm in my opinion. Mullins wouldn't recommend it (probably because his wife would be upset off more than anyone), Bailey wouldn't do it, and I bet there would be some boosters that would be upset.

First of all, he wasn't "outed". I don't think either choice would divide the town, but there are certainly some people who would oppose either one. I doubt anything short of George Quarles would satisfy everyone. If the wife of anyone involved in this hire has that much clout, it is an embarrassment, and that person should excuse himself from the committee. Gaddis would be crazy to leave where he is to go anywhere, much less Oak Ridge. Why all of the talk about Gray, and Gaddis, anyway? Word on the street is that the job belongs to Pemberton. That's the guy we should be talking about.

How much HC experience did Bruce Lussier have when he took over?

He had Head Coaching experience at Halls High School in Knoxville, and he had been the defensive coordinator for almost twenty years at Oak Ridge. There is not an assistant anywhere who is even close to paying the dues that Lussier had payed, prior to his getting the job. With respect to experience, you surely don't think your guy is in the league with Lussier, do you?

He had Head Coaching experience at Halls High School in Knoxville, and he had been the defensive coordinator for almost twenty years at Oak Ridge. There is not an assistant anywhere who is even close to paying the dues that Lussier had payed, prior to his getting the job. With respect to experience, you surely don't think your guy is in the league with Lussier, do you?

No I was actually asking how much HC experience he had, I wasn't making a point. I wasn't sure. I knew he had been at OR a LONG time, I know guys that played for him his first year as D coordinator ('79 was it?). Gray isn't inexperienced, he doesn't have 20 years of coordinator experience but he has 10 years of coordinator experience, 6 years of head coaching experience at the junior high (which now would be considered freshman football), and was the Oline coach at Maryville College for a time. He's a dang fine coach and I will leave it at that.

And Gaddis was forced out. If you really think about it, the last few Oak Ridge head coaches have been forced out.

No I was actually asking how much HC experience he had, I wasn't making a point. I wasn't sure. I knew he had been at OR a LONG time, I know guys that played for him his first year as D coordinator ('79 was it?). Gray isn't inexperienced, he doesn't have 20 years of coordinator experience but he has 10 years of coordinator experience, 6 years of head coaching experience at the junior high (which now would be considered freshman football), and was the Oline coach at Maryville College for a time. He's a dang fine coach and I will leave it at that.

And Gaddis was forced out. If you really think about it, the last few Oak Ridge head coaches have been forced out.

I have no negative comments to make about your guy. He is just not nearly as experienced as Lussier was when he got the head job here at Oak Ridge. Young was not forced out. Nor was Gaddis. Lussier was not either. It doesn't matter whether Stevens was or not. Like I said, the job seems to belong to Pemberton. He is the guy we should begin to focus on.

Like I said, the job seems to belong to Pemberton. He is the guy we should begin to focus on.

Word on the street says that Coach Pemberton has turned the position down and will remain at Catholic. Pretty good source on that, by the way. I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it, but I believe it to be accurate.