Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

I only know of 2 starters that have quit 1 other was a sub who saw limited playing time...I do not know what the problem is coach burks is a good guy sometimes i wish khe would have a little more fun during the game and give a few more atta boys I do know he was excited for this team and this group I do not know what the problem is i hope that this becomes addition by subtraction

Thats why I said 4 was a 'rumor', but still 2 out of 5 is a big chunk.

Folks keep saying the talent is gone from R'dale. It is NOT gone, it is either being run off to other teams or just not playing anywhere!

It is going to be interesting to see just how many actually go out for football this spring.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why I said 4 was a 'rumor', but still 2 out of 5 is a big chunk.

Folks keep saying the talent is gone from R'dale. It is NOT gone, it is either being run off to other teams or just not playing anywhere!

It is going to be interesting to see just how many actually go out for football this spring.

I have already lost a couple of our kids so i know of 2-3 RIVERDALE players not going to RIVERDALE anymore I am still working to keep them but its not looking good right now...they tell me what i used to tell people when they said Rankin recruited Rankin didnt recruit they came to him because the parents wanted to put their child in the best situation possible to help them improve and in their opinion they havent seen a lor of improvement of players over the last 3 years. But I am still working trying to get them to stay at RIVERDALE we shall see what happens

OK I have sat back and read everyones post and I have to make my own statement now.. 1st let me say I hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a fun and Safe New Year! Now on to the Warriors: If they do not get rid of Coach "A" now I do believe he will then have tenure and will be there until he chooses to leave (not good). I have said all along that the problem this year was LEADERSHIP AND MOTIVATION! Both start with the Coaches and that starts with the Head Coach. Now I have and will ALWAYS be a WARRIOR.. but changes need to be made. And yes I was at some practices and noticed the fact that if you were not on the "starter" squad it really did not matter what you were doing... NOT A GOOD EXAMPLE! EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE PART OF THE TEAM AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE PARTICIPATING! You never know what kind of diamond in the rough you might find unless you give everyone a chance. So the coaches only gave input to the starters who really had a hard time stepping up since so much was put on their shoulders. Dang when you have that many guys surely you can find some that truely want to play with all their heart and soul and will give 150% to learn the skills. Sure the others might have the skills but w/out the heart and the soul is means nothing. That is why you have coaches.. Teach those that have the desire. Make it a competition to be on the team. But the coaches were not concered so why should the players be? Will I continue to support them.. HECK YEAH!! Do I think some changes should be made HECK YEAH!! will they? who knows..

I have already lost a couple of our kids so i know of 2-3 RIVERDALE players not going to RIVERDALE anymore I am still working to keep them but its not looking good right now...they tell me what i used to tell people when they said Rankin recruited Rankin didnt recruit they came to him because the parents wanted to put their child in the best situation possible to help them improve and in their opinion they havent seen a lor of improvement of players over the last 3 years. But I am still working trying to get them to stay at RIVERDALE we shall see what happens

hope they stay

• 2 weeks later...

blackman is getting the cason lane area

the ENTIRE cason lane area? this seems unfair, but idk it very well might be the most logical thing to ease the overcrowding. by distance unless you live past the far side of saint andrews i would think most would be closer to riverdale. if blackman gets 100% of cason lane, it will show in a few years (no thanks to shadowens, just off the talent in numbers in that area).

riverdale is just sad at the moment /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

the ENTIRE cason lane area? this seems unfair, but idk it very well might be the most logical thing to ease the overcrowding. by distance unless you live past the far side of saint andrews i would think most would be closer to riverdale. if blackman gets 100% of cason lane, it will show in a few years (no thanks to shadowens, just off the talent in numbers in that area).

riverdale is just sad at the moment /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

TD it doesnt matter what kids we get unless we get a bunch of D1 talent we are not going to be very successful

TD it doesnt matter what kids we get unless we get a bunch of D1 talent we are not going to be very successful

Even WITH a complete D1 O-line we managed to LOSE with the so called running WingT. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

We need to face the fact that the honeymoon or experiment is over and get back to winning SOMEHOW!

For 2009 I predict a 4-6 season at BEST! Could be as bad as 3-7 or 2-8. Not being a downer, just realistic.

Until some DRASTIC changes are made I will not be at a home game for R'dale. My little $5 per game will not be missed, nor will my money spent at the concession stand. This is NOT the R'dale I supported anymore. The R'dale I supported WAS a WINNING program no matter what talent we had.

I know I will not be missed there, but it should tell folks things are NOT well at R'dale.

Even WITH a complete D1 O-line we managed to LOSE with the so called running WingT. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

We need to face the fact that the honeymoon or experiment is over and get back to winning SOMEHOW!

For 2009 I predict a 4-6 season at BEST! Could be as bad as 3-7 or 2-8. Not being a downer, just realistic.

Until some DRASTIC changes are made I will not be at a home game for R'dale. My little $5 per game will not be missed, nor will my money spent at the concession stand. This is NOT the R'dale I supported anymore. The R'dale I supported WAS a WINNING program no matter what talent we had.

I know I will not be missed there, but it should tell folks things are NOT well at R'dale.

I will still be there cheering but just with a lot lower expectations...