Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard our 1's vs. Gallatin's 1's it was 28-7.Total score was 35-14, with Gallatin's second team scoring late in the scrimmage.Sounds like the warriors are getting better each time out.Gwave if this is incorrect let me know, cause I am just going by what was given to me late tonight.

Thanks a million for the kind words 2p. Moving away made me realize how very special it is in the Boro! Lot of good coaches for Oakland and Riverdale! My son has always spoken and thought very highly of those coaches who went to Oakland from Riverdale. He has alot of great memories. I do as well. We the fans were quite spoiled. As Oakland will be to. I have alot of admiration for coaches, not a easy job. GO WARRIORS!

Just heard our 1's vs. Gallatin's 1's it was 28-7.Total score was 35-14, with Gallatin's second team scoring late in the scrimmage.Sounds like the warriors are getting better each time out.Gwave if this is incorrect let me know, cause I am just going by what was given to me late tonight.

Naw your are incorrect. It was 3-1 Riverdale with the #1s. 4-2 overall. Riverdale did an impressive job of stuffing the Wave inside the 10 on 4 consecutive plays. Gallatin has got to get better when they get that close. Riverdale also made a great play on our receiver on a 4th down play around the 30yd line. #65 for Riverdale is a really good player on defense. That kid is going to be a force. Riverdale's starting QB only played for 2 series, but considering the jamboree for ya'll is tommorrow that is understandable. The second stringer for Riverdale threw a beautiful td pass late in the first half. Gallatin still had trouble stopping the speed sweeps and buck series. Overall it was a good scrimmage with plenty to work on before it counts. Gallatin scored on a drive led by the air Wave attack. If anything Riverdale's weakness on defense is the secondary, the line and backers look good.

I would give the edge to Riverdale on defense and Blackman on offense.

Riverdale's freshman joined Blackman's on the "what just hit us" list. Gallatin's freshmen are the real deal.

Really wish I could have seen this scrimmage. I think it would have been a good gauge of how far both teams have come since the spring. Sounds like the front seven are continuing to improve.

Hopefully I'll get over to WC tonight. The DNJ said the Riverdale part would begin at 6:30.

Thanks Gwave, I was not sure if the info I got was correct.It was close.I am so jacked up about our defense this year.Nobody is talking about our defense.I feel like we are getting back to Riverdale football finally, because all our great teams had really good defensive units.The 2004 edition was probably the best I have ever seen in Riverdale history.Yes #65 is a kid who I tell all the time, that if he puts his all into every play, he will be playing at the next level next year somewhere.Good luck this year GWAVE.

So LOD what do you think of the Tribe's chances for one of the top three spots in the new district after the Jamboree

As good as the other 5 teams in the District.

First game against Antioch will tell alot. If they beat Antioch big they will be in good shape. If they barely beat them or get beat the season might be over. The consistancy I am used to is not there anymore.

Smyrna is NOT as strong as some think.

Blackman has recruited well, but will they know what to do with the players they got and will they work in the weight room.

LaVergne 'may' be stronger than alot realize.

Siegel has the same HC and they are still a one trick pony show. Pony pulls up lame you might as well shoot them and put them out of their misery.

Oakland is still the Champ and getting stronger every day and more consistant!

Right now I see three Head Coaches jobs on the line this year in the District. How desperate they are may determine how some do this year.

Going to be fun to watch how it all plays out this season. :blush: