Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The topic simply titled 'Oak Ridge' was so successful, I thought I would start one simply R'dale to see if we could get a new coach also. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Try as they may, the days of the Warriors have come and gone. The era of the Patriot has begun /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The topic simply titled 'Oak Ridge' was so successful, I thought I would start one simply R'dale to see if we could get a new coach also. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good Luck in your quest Lost Old Dad. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Any word on Coach Bobby Wells becoming your D-line coach? What do you think was the reason for the 90 fumbles this season at RHS?

Riverdale has a really bad situation right now with the coaching staff. I don't see it improving until Aydelott is gone because his buddies (and he to a somewhat lesser extent) are the problem. I'm not going to say that Aydelott is a bad coach but I will say that the 2008 Riverdale team was one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen. I do think he is in over his head at this level as a head coach.

The burning desire to achieve excellence does not exist within the current staff and that's one of those things that is pretty tough to fix. It's either there or it's not there...that passion for excellence is something that you bring with you. Aydelott needs to clean house and bring in some assistants that have that burning desire to excel...you know, guys like some of those outstanding assistant coaches he ran off.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure Aydelott even thinks there's a problem. Unless there are some major changes in the staff and the level of organization within the program we'll see the mediocrity continue.

Can you pass the Gerber's?

Riverdale has a really bad situation right now with the coaching staff. I don't see it improving until Aydelott is gone because his buddies (and he to a somewhat lesser extent) are the problem. I'm not going to say that Aydelott is a bad coach but I will say that the 2008 Riverdale team was one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen. I do think he is in over his head at this level as a head coach.

The burning desire to achieve excellence does not exist within the current staff and that's one of those things that is pretty tough to fix. It's either there or it's not there...that passion for excellence is something that you bring with you. Aydelott needs to clean house and bring in some assistants that have that burning desire to excel...you know, guys like some of those outstanding assistant coaches he ran off.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure Aydelott even thinks there's a problem. Unless there are some major changes in the staff and the level of organization within the program we'll see the mediocrity continue.

Well LOD and TDCman we whined, cried and bitc... moaned, then quit going to games to get in their pocketbook, even canceled my season tickets I had had for twenty years, until the change started. Wrote letters to the school board, even signed petitions and sent them to the AD and Principle. And finally it worked. Took two whole years. Don't really know what we will end up with but we got what we wanted.

I hope you have been man enough to go face to face with Aydelott with your issues. If not, then this is cowardly and classless.

I do apologize and don't want to get an argument started that can never be won by either side.

R'Dale's talent is down for a whole number of reasons. Lack of community support seems to be one of those reasons as well.

Nolan can fire the coaches as he sees fit. Too bad he can't fire these so called "fans" and "supporters." If Aydelott does go, what coach do you think you can get with behavior like this? Think they wont be reading posting sites like this? And do you think they are blind to the downward trend of athletes at R'Dale, even though many of you deny it? The word is out on R'Dale around the state, men. The talent is down so beat them now.

So you offer a new coach less talent and less support, more headaches and demand more wins. Yeah, the great ones will come out of the woodwork for this job. Sad what many of you are doing to what was once a great program. You will destroy the future of this program by trying to get rid of the current coach...and around the state, he is considered one of the best.

Wake up and class up, men. There are better ways of going about this.

I have been a RIVERDALE supporter for a long time and i will still go to games and i will still support the team I do have a qustion for stan and the swami...how many RIVERDALE games did you see?...we have a coaching problem while the talent is not what it was the first 2 years coach A was there there is still talent there and in my opinion he did not develop this years team the previous 2 years

so if you have watched all of the RIVERDALE games that we have and you disagree with the previous poster that is understandable but if you have seen maybe 1 game a year you do not see the problem

as far as talent being down they have been saying that since 2000 when blackman opened up and then again when siegel opened up so in my opinion the talent is comparable we still have 2300 kids at the school i think the overall coaching is down 4 of our former coaches that coach A let go is at oakland what did oakland do this year?

i was in denial of a problem til mid-way through the year...of course i wouldve LOVED to see riverdale go undefeated for the entire existence of region 4-5A, but i bit my lip and wasnt to angry when they couldnt accomplish the feat. i felt like, well they can still make the playoffs...when what i saw of the field really shouldve drawn this type reaction:

what really added insult to our injury was at the siegel game when i noticed the unit on the field was the only unit getting coached at any given time in the game. i saw no coaches on the sidelines talking to the quarterback, offensive line, defensive line...whatever unit was on the field was the only unit getting coached, and even then the exchanges between the players/coaches seemed very brief.

thats why and thats whats different, i rarely see any intensity from the coaching staff since A has been there. which in turn leads to lack of intensity on the field i believe, especially this year, i think teams even had more heart in 06 and 07 those teams just suffered from lack of adjustment in the playoffs against opponents they had already dominated in the regular season.

the tony dungy approach works well for only one coach, tony dungy. sorry for all these colts references i hate them guys.

The biggest problem I have seen is the fact that Coach A is so busy trying to prove his 'theory' that the plain WingT can win, he has almost totally ignored the DEFENSE! And YES the plain WingT winning in 5A is just that a THEORY until proven.

Even when our offense was not up to par on scoring the one thing we could depend on was the fact that our DEFENSE would keep us in the game by NOT allowing the other team to score, PERIOD!

While the 2004 team maybe a once in a lifetime team, the fact remains it had EIGHT (8) shutouts of the other teams. These shutouts were NOT against patsy teams like Antioch either! Playing DOWN is NOT the answer to the problem.

Also since when does a Head Coach EVER listen to a simple fan when he is bent on doing it HIS way? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Friendships are fine, but when the goal is winning the 'friends' had better produce!