OOLTEWAH FOOTBALL 2009 AND BEYOND

VOID70

If it is so apparent....then why didn't you name them?.....and to answer back to some of the haters on here,that think the owls will be destroyed by this new school..owls will not miss a beat,if some of the freshmen want to leave,let 'em..they have every right to leave,hope they do well.OOLTEWAH will be fine there are kids on the team NOW,that have stepped-up already this past season and some that will next,also there are several big linemen that are coming back(not one or two),but several,(that sat out for whatever reason this year),that are coming back.OWLS will be fine people!!! and I second loveshsfootball's suggestion....OWLS VS. EAST HAMILTON should happen sooner than later,would be a great game to be around.

Haters...Haters, Sorry Void I do not see any HATERS on this thread, only some folks that would like to have a calm and adult conversation about what the Owls will be going through with the new school. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

By the tone of your post .....You sound worried about the new school.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty apparent who the new coach at OHS will be now that Gatewood is moving to EHHS.

Bacon, that's because I told you who I believe it to be.

To anyone else, you know where I'm at for basketball games (when I'm not working), come and find me either at halftime or between games (during the game, I'm not too pleasant and too busy to talk)

Haters...Haters, Sorry Void I do not see any HATERS on this thread, only some folks that would like to have a calm and adult conversation about what the Owls will be going through with the new school. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

By the tone of your post .....You sound worried about the new school.

Trust me,I'm not worried about anything...just trying to make an observation.

Yeah you are right, ole Benny has a plan, that is to recruit out of zone kids to OHS!! He has already been busted by Central this year contacting 8th graders in their zone and inviting them up to OHS to workout. That is Fact, TSSAA contacted Ed Foster on the deal after it was brought to their attention, and what was Coach Monroe's comment when contacted by Central's Coach... It was a mistake and would not happen again. Yeah right!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Also have heard that 8th graders zoned for the new EHHS were contacted also. Don't know the outcome and effects but should be interesting over the next few years. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah you are right, ole Benny has a plan, that is to recruit out of zone kids to OHS!! He has already been busted by Central this year contacting 8th graders in their zone and inviting them up to OHS to workout. That is Fact, TSSAA contacted Ed Foster on the deal after it was brought to their attention, and what was Coach Monroe's comment when contacted by Central's Coach... It was a mistake and would not happen again. Yeah right!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Also have heard that 8th graders zoned for the new EHHS were contacted also. Don't know the outcome and effects but should be interesting over the next few years. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

recruiting 8th graders...come on now.You mean to tell me he has time to go around and recruit 8th graders.....on top of that,he(monroe)took the time to find out the kids were zoned for central,so he's trying to pull them from central? You are insane!!! Ther's a BIG DIFFERENCE between going to your 2 middle school feeder programs and letting the the up-n-coming 8th graders..know about work-outs and gym hours during the summer.,.and talking to ALL the kids..BOYS AND GIRLS!!!! All sucessful sports programs do it. and how would you know tssaa contacted foster? Just another idiot trying to stir-up trouble and point the blame,because CENTRAL is probably the worst athletic program in town....HANDS DOWN!! and how could he recruit ehhs kids they can go to Ooltewah anyway,wether or not they are zoned for ehhs(its not even an open school,yet),either by siblings all ready there or if,they moved into the area(just to go to ooltewah) before the new school was an option. Her is some food for thought ...if you want to judge schools or coaches etc...remember this, Judge schools on" HOW MANY WANT IN COMPARED TO HOW MANY WANT OUT"...why is there so much growth in ooltewah and so many leaving the central area? teachers,coaches,facilities,fan support,COMMUNITY SUPPORT,etc....

Why would Ooltewah want to Play a team that had only freshman and sophmores?

Nothing to gain and not very fair.

As to losing coaches- Henderson was the only coach that was getting a supplement. Coach Gatewood was a volunteer.

Don't worry, Benny always has a plan and I'm sure a long list of coaches who would love to come to OHS.

If you havn't noticed he probably had the most experienced coaching staff in the Southeast. Not including Gatewood

you had 4 coaches with 25-30 years experience.

OHS will be in good shape for a long time to come!

Gatewood is getting a supplement, he was only a volunteer the first year he returned from Velocity. They are already intervueing people for Coach Gatewoods position. Henderson's spot will not be hard to fill either - PE teaching spots will attract lots of attention from football coaches. The interesting thing will be if any of the volunteer coaches follow Gatewood to EHHS. Couch helped him before Benny was at Ooltewah and before he was the Head Coach at David Brainerd. Davis was the Defensive Coord. at Ooltewah when Gatewood was the head coach, neither of them have any ties to Coach Monroe other than the past couple of years.

So did this contact by the TSSAA happen and was the end result just a reprimand?

Indian~leave it to you...this never happened...it cracks me up...if you ask Owlpride Coach Monroe doesn't even know his own players names and is past his prime..now he is scheming to recruit eight graders from the big school of CENTRAL you KNOW they have all the players everyone wants.Coach Monroe is NOT stupid. He knows what he can and can't do. He has been doing this a few years. Yeah and the best is he is recruiting players from EHHS that are eligible to play at Ooltewah anyway. Makes perfect sense. Coach Couch is staying...I heard one of the volunteer coaches might be taking Gatewood's place. But you know how that goes..ya can't believe everything you hear...even if you want to...aint that right INDIAN /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Indian~leave it to you...this never happened...it cracks me up...if you ask Owlpride Coach Monroe doesn't even know his own players names and is past his prime..now he is scheming to recruit eight graders from the big school of CENTRAL you KNOW they have all the players everyone wants.Coach Monroe is NOT stupid. He knows what he can and can't do. He has been doing this a few years. Yeah and the best is he is recruiting players from EHHS that are eligible to play at Ooltewah anyway. Makes perfect sense. Coach Couch is staying...I heard one of the volunteer coaches might be taking Gatewood's place. But you know how that goes..ya can't believe everything you hear...even if you want to...aint that right INDIAN /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I asked if the TSSAA actually contacted Ooltewah on this, not if any players were recruited. It should be an easy yes or no. After reading that response I still don't know the answer. I asked partly to give somebody from Ooltewah the chance to explain the situation before posts from all over Chattanooga started-especially during this week when I and others might not have as much chance to watch all the topics.

lovehsfootball, don't worry about me and who I am but the fact is it did happen and Foster was contacted by Tommy Layne after he was contacted by the head coach at Central. Also Ronnie Carter was made aware of the situation. Bottomline is that you have folks at Central in the new principal and coach who are going to fight to keep kids zoned to Central at Central. The school at Central is top of the line and they have the academic scores and graduation rates to prove it. Tell me what faculty, teachers and etc. are moving to Ooltewah? This time a coach at Ooltewah slipped up and got caught. The athletic programs will continue to improve as they keep kids in their schools. Central's football team showed that trend with only 5 seniors on the team. They had a total of 16 upperclassmen Jr. and Sr. Underclassmen on the other hand(Fr. and So.) they had 35. So it seems the tide is turning. No hard feelings just wanted to put the facts out there have a Merry Christmas!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />