Henry County in 2009

the prophet

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was media day before practice. Priddy (PI photographer), Lisa Green and myself took pictures for two hours before practice. The photos they took will be in the PI and the magazine. Mine will be on the website as soon as I edit/upload. I had to leave early but will be at practice tomorrow and will email and let you know what I saw tomorrow.

I thought today's practice went very wll cosidering it was day #1 in pads. A great crowd was on hand on the hill. Lots of athletes on the field,perhaps the most ever at HCHS!! The defense should be very good but some concerns are yet to be resolved. (more on that at a later date) Outside linebacker/ DE looks especially strong.The toung defensive linemen seem to be coming along nicely, though not yet quite ready for prime time.( Long, Dunlap,Rock, and Camper) All will eventually be forces to reckon with IMO.The offense was surprisingly efficient for this early but a far piece from last year's season ending form.

Milan will be an extremely tough test coming so early in this practice season but we should learn and develop from it.

GO BIG RED

Milan will be tough. The word over there is that this is their best team in a while. Our team is nowhere near as good on offense as we were a year ago but who is? Our defense is young up the middle and as usual our llinebackers are tiny. All of that said we will be good again.

I do apologize for comments i mad earlier on this threads.I do respect your program and hope HC has a great year. I am from the Gibson County area and i know Milan has a got a great program and will be good every year. I'm not saying this to make Mialn fans mad but think Milan fans may be jumping the gun a little. I read on a Milan post were some of their fans are predicting a 10-0 and they may very well do it. But they must play the game i wouldn't put Milan in Cookville right yet. I respect Milan there is no doubt but they are cocky and aggorant. I will be at the scrimmage friday if the weather permits and hope to see a good scrimmage between two good programs. Personally i hope HC beats up on Milan yes i respect but don't like them. Good luck friday and hope the weather is good. The high friday is only around 80 and 30% chance of rain. Have a great year!!

The scrimmage with Milan will present two totally different styles. Milan will play a smash mouth style of football. They will run right at anyone they play. They are tough and athletic. Henry County will spread the field but still primarily run the ball. It is more finesse than smash mouth. Both are solid and effective in the way they play. The fans will care more about who "wins" this scrimmage than the coaches from either school. The coaches are getting ready for the season, while the fans want bragging rights. Thank goodness it's football season again.

Howdy Big Red Fans!!! It's that time of year, pads are popping and the pigskin is flying. We are but a few short weeks away from Kickoff on the gridiron at Patriot Stadium and I can't wait! So far, I have been impressed with our defense in practice. Of course we are only two days into pads, but that being said I think we are looking solid. Whoever said our linebackers are tiny, I don't agree. We have a returning starter with French, and then we have Shaq (Dominique's little brother) who is not small AT ALL! But he is a sophomore. Then there are three others who are likely smaller than average but will pack a punch, and one more up and coming who has plenty of size. We will be very tough on the ends and the DB's. The line is shaping up nicely. On offense, we need some time to adapt to the new players filling in the key positions. But all in all I think we are on track. The test this Friday at Barton Field against Milan will be a formidable one indeed. But I think Patriot Fans will be pleased in the end. :roflol:

This is a very good Milan team you will see Friday but I don't expect either Morris or Gaddis to show too much.

Milan's D is their strength with Jr. Christian Coleman (6'4" 253) and Sr. Matt Wise (6'4" 250) anchoring the D line and Kentucky offeree 3 star LB. Sr. Avery Williamson(6'2" 220) and Arkansas State offeree Sr. J. Gilbert (5'11" 200) anchoring the LB's.

If there is a question mark for this Milan team it would have to be the QB. He is a senior and one heck of an athlete(fastest kid on the team) but is still a 1st time starter.

There are certain things both coaches will be working on that the average fan won't understand. I expect both coaches will experiment with multiple players at different times. I hope both teams stay injury free.

I am the one who said that our linebackers are tiny. They simply are. We can't count on a sophomore who hasnt played football in two years to start. If we do then we are in trouble. Why cant a school our size have anyone who looks like a linebacker? The sophomore looks like one but he has been away from the game for too long. ALL of our others are either less than 5'8" or they weigh 150. Milan will line up and run right at us and punish us unless we find some linebackers. What happened to our big noseguard who looked so good in the Spring?