And Portland Now Has A Coach

Portland just announced who the head coach was and it was not who any of us expected. It will be made official Monday but the Guy that bobby hired to replace Coach Beavers has not won as many games as Beavers did at Portland. Go figure, this one does not make sense. You fire a guy because he can not win, then you bring a guy in who has won less? Someone please help me figure this one out. I am sure he is a good guy and I have nothing against him but if you are going to fire Beavers then you need to hire a man that has a least been a head coach and won some games (more than 5). Hope Portland can adjust to the spread because they are about to play some men come fall. Good Luck to the new coach and to Portland in 09' PHS High school champs (in portland) in 09'

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they do and you are correct.........all will go......WHAT?

Problem is that coaches in the know understand the predicament that Portland is in. In is like many jobs, unreal expectations. The reality is Portland has great facilites, average athletes, poor pay, and is playing in probably the 2nd best district in the state. I wish the young man well.........he will need it.

I have not heard a remark reguarding ability of the coach. I dont think that is the issue here.......although that has yet to be seen. Portland is in a terrible situation in reguards to athletes, who they have to play, etc......

My point is, many did not apply simply because of the situation, so..............Portland hired who was available.

The old clich?©, ???Don??™t judge a book by its cover??? especially if you do not know the man! He obviously won the job for a reason. Every HC begins their journey somewhere and his is at Portland. If you really knew this guy then you would know his determination and passion for football and kids. He always has a positive attitude and the players love him for his disciplined hard working nature. If anything shake his hand and say hi. His 6??™5 300lb+ body frame's hand would probably swallow your hand. It did mine the first time I shook his hand, and then I stopped.

My favorite team the Titans hired a HC awhile back when they were in Houston. This particular coach at first was thought to be the worst hire ever as an NFL coach. The fans in Houston were outraged when this happened. His first 5 games he went 0-5, and his head was on a chopping plate. However, I think we are all glad that Fisher persevered through that because he is one heck of a coach today.

According the Bobby it does not matter if the players love or hate him or how hard he works, HE WANTS WINS!!

i am a proud portlandian and i hope the new guy goes 15-0 every season...but this hire doesn't make sense. he was the offensive line coach at lavergne for one year and they go 1-9! i watched several lavergne games this season and the biggest flaw in their offense was the line!!!! they had two 4.3 second 40 guys at wr, a dual-threat qb, and two decent rb's, but every play broke down in one to two seconds because the line could not block. i believe he was at shelbyville before that...i don't recall them being gangbusters here lately, either.

he is our coach now and i certainly wish him the best, but some questions about his qualifications and the qualifications of the other interviewees need to be answered.

i am a proud portlandian and i hope the new guy goes 15-0 every season...but this hire doesn't make sense. he was the offensive line coach at lavergne for one year and they go 1-9! i watched several lavergne games this season and the biggest flaw in their offense was the line!!!! they had two 4.3 second 40 guys at wr, a dual-threat qb, and two decent rb's, but every play broke down in one to two seconds because the line could not block. i believe he was at shelbyville before that...i don't recall them being gangbusters here lately, either.

he is our coach now and i certainly wish him the best, but some questions about his qualifications and the qualifications of the other interviewees need to be answered.

addendum to the above posting:

i have just learned from a reliable source that the new coach has NEVER coached a team with a winning record. i am STUNNED right now.

good luck to him...he is going to need it.