Teague Commits

chaos001

There isn't a spark of interest in Tennessee from any talent in the state of his caliber, much less the nation.

What? Care to explain how Eric Gordon, Zach Rogers, and Marlon Brown aren't the caliber of player Teague is? Btw, two of those players are already committed to UTK and Brown is apparently interested in UTK also.

Sorry, but while I agree Teague is a phenomonal talent and will be a fine CB at Florida.... He isn't the only great player in the state of TN and there happens to be quite a bit of interest in UTK football from recruits all across the country with the coaching change. Eric and Zach apparently talked to Teague at the all-star game about joining them at UTK, but obviously Teague already had his mind made up. That is his prerogative. No hard feelings.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What one reason would you give for him to go to Tennessee? They haven't beaten a top 10 team in 9 years, constant problems with the law (even the punter!), new head coach is untested and unproven at best (being a great recruiter at USC is like being a good BBall recruiter at Duke ). He is going to the right place for him and he'll excel academically and athletically. Hopefully playing for a perennial national champion won't be too much of a crippling effect on his career in the NFL. There isn't a spark of interest in Tennessee from any talent in the state of his caliber, much less the nation. The best recruiting class in the nation just finished their senior year at UT, get my point?

Your second sentence shows your lack of football intelligence. I'll answer your first sentence. UT just hired the best Defensive Coordinator in ALL of Football (College and NFL) in Monte Kiffin. In addition, they added one of the best D-Line coaches in Football, Ed Orgeron. I can promise you the VOlS will be back in the limelight real soon. They will end up with a TOp 10 recruiting class this year, just wait and see. Good luck to Teague but I sure would like to have seen him playing in Knoxville.

Your second sentence shows your lack of football intelligence. I'll answer your first sentence. UT just hired the best Defensive Coordinator in ALL of Football (College and NFL) in Monte Kiffin. In addition, they added one of the best D-Line coaches in Football, Ed Orgeron. I can promise you the VOlS will be back in the limelight real soon. They will end up with a TOp 10 recruiting class this year, just wait and see. Good luck to Teague but I sure would like to have seen him playing in Knoxville.

Many in Tennessee would loved to have seen Teague go to Tennessee, or even Vandy. Im sure Monte Kiffin is a good coach but did he not coach in Tampas last game? The defense looked terrible. If he did coach then maybe their players got bad on defense for just that one game. Either way he is NOT the best defensive coach in all of football but I would agree that he is a real good coach. As far as Orgeron goes he better be a better D Line coach than he is a head coach. That being said I do agree with you that Tennessee will improve. There is no where to go but up. But why go to Tennessee where they "will be back in the limelight real soon" when he can go to Florida who is in the limelight RIGHT NOW. They won the national championship two years ago and they are playing for it again AND they have almost everyone back next season. While Tennessee fans may not agree with the choice Teague made a very smart choice.

Many in Tennessee would loved to have seen Teague go to Tennessee, or even Vandy. Im sure Monte Kiffin is a good coach but did he not coach in Tampas last game? The defense looked terrible. If he did coach then maybe their players got bad on defense for just that one game. Either way he is NOT the best defensive coach in all of football but I would agree that he is a real good coach. As far as Orgeron goes he better be a better D Line coach than he is a head coach. That being said I do agree with you that Tennessee will improve. There is no where to go but up. But why go to Tennessee where they "will be back in the limelight real soon" when he can go to Florida who is in the limelight RIGHT NOW. They won the national championship two years ago and they are playing for it again AND they have almost everyone back next season. While Tennessee fans may not agree with the choice Teague made a very smart choice.

Monte Kiffin is regarded as the best defensive coach in the NFL. You can't judge a guy on one game. In 10 of his 13 seasons at Tampa Bay, they finsihed in the top 4 of the NFL in total defense. FL is a hot team right now, just as UT was in the late 90's. FL will go thru a down cycle as well, Tebow will be gone, Urban Meyer will leave for Notre Dame and they will be back to being an average FB team. All programs go thru it (AL, USC,ND,TX,OK,TN, Oh. St. ) all these teams have been thru what TN is going thru and that is why UT is transitioning to a new coaching staff. I wish Teague the best at FL but I really think with the talent that is already there, he will get lost in the mix. He could play quicker at UT who is in need of athletes and Kiffin has already said Freshmen will get a chance to play. Unlike Fulmer who hardly ever played freshmen unless they were superstars like Eric Berry or Peyton Manning.

Monte Kiffin is regarded as the best defensive coach in the NFL. You can't judge a guy on one game. In 10 of his 13 seasons at Tampa Bay, they finsihed in the top 4 of the NFL in total defense. FL is a hot team right now, just as UT was in the late 90's. FL will go thru a down cycle as well, Tebow will be gone, Urban Meyer will leave for Notre Dame and they will be back to being an average FB team. All programs go thru it (AL, USC,ND,TX,OK,TN, Oh. St. ) all these teams have been thru what TN is going thru and that is why UT is transitioning to a new coaching staff. I wish Teague the best at FL but I really think with the talent that is already there, he will get lost in the mix. He could play quicker at UT who is in need of athletes and Kiffin has already said Freshmen will get a chance to play. Unlike Fulmer who hardly ever played freshmen unless they were superstars like Eric Berry or Peyton Manning.

We are all judged by what we did lately (Monte Kiffins last game) but I do agree that he is very good. I also agree that Teague might play more and quicker at tennessee which is not necassarily a good thing. Meyer may go to Notre Dame but he could have when he came to Florida and didnt so I dont think it for certain that he goes when their Weiss leaves. Dont get your hopes up about Florida going into a DOWN cycle anytime soon.

Guest Advisor

Lost in the mix? What does that mean? Pantherman....do you really think that the recruiters for the MAJOR D-1 schools burn thousands of gallons of jet fuel to bring the best blue chippers onto their campus only to forget their names?? WAKE UP dude...EACH and EVERY team in D-1 has the same number of scholarships, (unless on probation) same number of players and same number of positions to be filled on both offense and defense. When a coach calls a on the kid's personal cell phone from his cell phone, I bet he will remember that the kid is either on his team or know where he has chosen to play!

They recruit with a purpose. USUALLY, when a team is recruiting a player, they have a SPECIFIC need for him. It is not just so another team will not get him. Urban Meyer's plan for Marsalis is not for him just to stand over on the sidelines and hold his headset so that ALABAMA can't have him! That's not how it works! He will play for the Gators. Personally, I would have liked to see what he could've done at QB for the Yellow Jackets too..........but that didn't happen either so..........be happy for the young man and quit given predictions on him rotting on the sidelines when you have no idea what really goes on!!

This could be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen on here. How many downs of football have u ever played? Do you understand football or just follow the ball around on the tv screen? Your post is like me saying since Henry County got beat in their last game that the coaches are terrible and can't coach or the players stunk for that one game. I can tell you from playing at all levels and coaching for almost 30 years that Monte Kiffin is regarded as one of the greatest D coordinators that ever lived (top 2 or 3). Name 2 or 3 other D coordinators that went that long with such a consistent level of defensive greatness without a down cycle. As for Orgeron, he is a highly sought after defensive line coach(I have heard the top one from several) and top 5 recruiter. If you have ever seen him at a clinic you would see why. Don't forget Nutt was winning with his players. Some guys are much better position coaches and coordinators. There are just so many guys that can transfer that into great head coaches but that does not mean they aren't good coaches altogether. Rod Marinelli at Detroit is considered by Tony Dungy as one of the top coaches he has ever worked with and the guy went 0-16 this year. Unreal.

This could be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen on here. How many downs of football have u ever played? Do you understand football or just follow the ball around on the tv screen? Your post is like me saying since Henry County got beat in their last game that the coaches are terrible and can't coach or the players stunk for that one game. I can tell you from playing at all levels and coaching for almost 30 years that Monte Kiffin is regarded as one of the greatest D coordinators that ever lived (top 2 or 3). Name 2 or 3 other D coordinators that went that long with such a consistent level of defensive greatness without a down cycle. As for Orgeron, he is a highly sought after defensive line coach(I have heard the top one from several) and top 5 recruiter. If you have ever seen him at a clinic you would see why. Don't forget Nutt was winning with his players. Some guys are much better position coaches and coordinators. There are just so many guys that can transfer that into great head coaches but that does not mean they aren't good coaches altogether. Rod Marinelli at Detroit is considered by Tony Dungy as one of the top coaches he has ever worked with and the guy went 0-16 this year. Unreal.

Whats ignorant about it? Was it that Florida won a national title two years ago and their program is ALREADY in the limelight? Was it ignorant to say that Florida was a better choice than Tennessee because Tennessee is trying to turn their program and Floridas is already there. Now they have won yet another one so I guess my ignorance is growing! I have played as many downs of football as it takes to play for three years of Pop Warner two years of Middle School and four years of High School. YOU are so smart then YOU tell me how many downs that would be! Some idiot said that Monte Kiffin was the greatest defensive coach EVER and I responded. I think he is good and maybe real good but not the best ever. If you think he is then YOU are ignorant. If he was that good (the best EVER) then Tampa would not have been demoralized on defense in their last game. I said Orgeron better be a better assistant than he was a head coach. Whats wrong with that? Is that an ignorant statement? It sounds like a smart one to me. I bet Tennessee is banking on it!

This is coming from an ACC fan. Florida is tops of the SEC right now and it looks as though they will be for awhile. I am saying this without regards to their national championship last season (although that makes my point of view that much more credible). Tennessee is an average team in the SEC and for the young fellow to pick Florida over Tennessee was probably the correct decision if he wants to win and win a national title. However in regards to playing time, Tennessee would have been the much better decision.

Whats ignorant about it? Was it that Florida won a national title two years ago and their program is ALREADY in the limelight? Was it ignorant to say that Florida was a better choice than Tennessee because Tennessee is trying to turn their program and Floridas is already there. Now they have won yet another one so I guess my ignorance is growing! I have played as many downs of football as it takes to play for three years of Pop Warner two years of Middle School and four years of High School. YOU are so smart then YOU tell me how many downs that would be! Some idiot said that Monte Kiffin was the greatest defensive coach EVER and I responded. I think he is good and maybe real good but not the best ever. If you think he is then YOU are ignorant. If he was that good (the best EVER) then Tampa would not have been demoralized on defense in their last game. I said Orgeron better be a better assistant than he was a head coach. Whats wrong with that? Is that an ignorant statement? It sounds like a smart one to me. I bet Tennessee is banking on it!

you are ignorant. the top two defensive coordinators ever are monte kiffin and jim johnson. and florida just won their third national title where tennesse has 6. and yea florida has won 2 out of the last 3 but don't bank on them winning it next year. now as for teague he is one of heck of a player and i'm glad he had the opportunity to play d-1 football even if it is for the gators. i gurantee you one thing you guys haven't even thought about. he is a smart kid that probably thought about academics too and picked florida for what they could do for his major in college because teague is that kind of kid.

This is coming from an ACC fan. Florida is tops of the SEC right now and it looks as though they will be for awhile. I am saying this without regards to their national championship last season (although that makes my point of view that much more credible). Tennessee is an average team in the SEC and for the young fellow to pick Florida over Tennessee was probably the correct decision if he wants to win and win a national title. However in regards to playing time, Tennessee would have been the much better decision.

your first statement completly ruined the rest of your statement. the ACC is horrible. thats like me saying i'm a OVC college basketball fan and duke is a average team in basketball. stick to talking about the ACC