Oak Hill at Bearden?

Turtle

I know Bearden High School players and fans think they're the best in the Knoxville area so they went out and scheduled the best in the country. With that said, I'm asking all you peeps; when, where, and how much will this game cost to get in?

Another thing, will Fulton give Bearden their 1st lost in the Super 16? I think its possible.. I still think Bearden should play AE because I know for sure it'll be a good game with AE winning because AE's guards are better..

But back to my question, when and where will this game be played at? ALso, how much is it going to cost to get in?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Bearden High School players and fans think they're the best in the Knoxville area so they went out and scheduled the best in the country. With that said, I'm asking all you peeps; when, where, and how much will this game cost to get in?

Another thing, will Fulton give Bearden their 1st lost in the Super 16? I think its possible.. I still think Bearden should play AE because I know for sure it'll be a good game with AE winning because AE's guards are better..

But back to my question, when and where will this game be played at? ALso, how much is it going to cost to get in?

Is this game definitely on the schedule? Seems like I remember the TSSAA having an issue with TN schools playing schools like Oak HIll that didn't play under a governing body like the TSSAA. Last time I remember Oak HIll playing a TN team was around 1994 when they lost to Science HIll in Johnson City, TN.

Is this game definitely on the schedule? Seems like I remember the TSSAA having an issue with TN schools playing schools like Oak HIll that didn't play under a governing body like the TSSAA. Last time I remember Oak HIll playing a TN team was around 1994 when they lost to Science HIll in Johnson City, TN.

It was because of Oak Hill recruiting Ron Mercer and Rob Williams to play for them, that's when TSSAA had a problem with it. It was back around 1994, or something like that. I think they have lifted the ban since them. The Science Hill game was a heck of a game. They couldn't prove some recruiting violations so they tried to punish Oak Hill, but what they really did was hurt the TN schools. jmo

It was because of Oak Hill recruiting Ron Mercer and Rob Williams to play for them, that's when TSSAA had a problem with it. It was back around 1994, or something like that. I think they have lifted the ban since them. The Science Hill game was a heck of a game. They couldn't prove some recruiting violations so they tried to punish Oak Hill, but what they really did was hurt the TN schools. jmo

yeah the games still on and im pretty sure its january 23rd at Bearden High School... Correct me if im wrong? and im not sure how much it is to get in

Oak Hill played nashville christian academy last year and played 2 games at freedom hall in johnson city.

Bearden has a very good team to compete with Oak Hill. As in terms of winning, its probably not going to happen. Oak Hill is loaded!!!!! I for sure will be there thought. I mean, seriously...how many times are are you able to see the number one ranked High School team play in your own gym. I'm pretty sure that price of admission is $5

Local power playing a National power. Bearden keeps it close early because it's at home but Oak Hill should run away with it. However, I was living in Johnson City the year Science Hill defeated Oak Hill, so anything is possible. On the other hand people forget that the 94 Science Hill team was nationally ranked in the top 10 and during that same season they beat Eau Claire (SC) who had Jermaine O'Neal (NBA), they beat Carlos Boozer (Duke and NBA) and his high school team from Alaska, they also beat Tim Thomas (Villanova and NBA)from Patterson high school (New Jersey). If I'm correct the only loss that Science Hill team had was to Augusta Westside who had Ricky Moore (UConn) and Will Avery (Duke and before he transfered to Oak Hill). For the Bearden fans reading this. Was 1994 the same year Science Hill beat the Bulldogs in the sub-state something like 75-25?

Hey Turtle Bearden and A-E play on January 27th.

Local power playing a National power. Bearden keeps it close early because it's at home but Oak Hill should run away with it. However, I was living in Johnson City the year Science Hill defeated Oak Hill, so anything is possible. On the other hand people forget that the 94 Science Hill team was nationally ranked in the top 10 and during that same season they beat Eau Claire (SC) who had Jermaine O'Neal (NBA), they beat Carlos Boozer (Duke and NBA) and his high school team from Alaska, they also beat Tim Thomas (Villanova and NBA)from Patterson high school (New Jersey). If I'm correct the only loss that Science Hill team had was to Augusta Westside who had Ricky Moore (UConn) and Will Avery (Duke and before he transfered to Oak Hill). For the Bearden fans reading this. Was 1994 the same year Science Hill beat the Bulldogs in the sub-state something like 75-25?

In the 1993-1994 season, Bearden lost to Science Hill in the State Tournament by 3 or 4. In the 94-95 season, Bearden did not play Science Hill. I think you were referring the the 95-96 season when Bearden came to Freedom Hall in the substate and did get it handed to them.

In the 1993-1994 season, Bearden lost to Science Hill in the State Tournament by 3 or 4. In the 94-95 season, Bearden did not play Science Hill. I think you were referring the the 95-96 season when Bearden came to Freedom Hall in the substate and did get it handed to them.

I could not remember. Was that when the TSSAA was experimenting with sectional games and playing more than one substate game?