Oak Hill at Bearden?

Turtle

You seem to be missing the point entirely. I know what the premise is behind the Oak Hill Academy but my point was/is that they have a great opportunity to grow as young men and basketball players. Part of the growth is in maturity and distancing themselves from the hardships they are trying to overcome. I know you would probably not compare the kids from AE and Fulton but they come from a similar situation and their coaches don't tolerate that type of behavior.

I agree with some of what you said. The player at Oak Hill should work hard to overcome certain aspects of their background. However, I don't think that you, me, or anyone else can expect them to change completely over night. I still maintain that their are far worse things than a little bad language. But, if you would like to personally wash the Oak Hill player's mouths out with soap it is a little over a 3 hour drive from Catholic High School. Have a nice day. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is coming from a biased stand point.. I didn't see the game nor know much about these kids, but you have to have more respect when you get on that floor than to cuss to where people in the stands can hear you. When you put on that uniform you are not only representing yourself on the floor, you are repping your parents, coaches, and your school. If you are a fan watching a game and all the kids are dropping "F" bombs and all this loud enough for you to hear it, are you not going to lose respect for them?? Their backgrounds have nothing to do with it. I was born and raised in the "projects" in Memphis with only a mother and a drug addict/alcoholic father.. Then left that enviroment after 10 years and been with a single mom since but I don't get on the floor and act like an idiot. You guys are making excuses for those kids no matter which team it was coming from... If you want to overcome your situations then you have to make an effort to do it. Like you guys say.. These guys are 16-18 years old. Basically grown men. Be more respectable for christs sake. I know if I slip up and say 1 cuss word period even in practice, it's nothing but running for me.

Just because these kids are good players and have this big future ahead of them doesn't excuse them to do whatever they want. If most of these kids only have their mother I am willing to bet anything that their mother's did NOT raise them to do things like that.

This is coming from a biased stand point.. I didn't see the game nor know much about these kids, but you have to have more respect when you get on that floor than to cuss to where people in the stands can hear you. When you put on that uniform you are not only representing yourself on the floor, you are repping your parents, coaches, and your school. If you are a fan watching a game and all the kids are dropping "F" bombs and all this loud enough for you to hear it, are you not going to lose respect for them?? Their backgrounds have nothing to do with it. I was born and raised in the "projects" in Memphis with only a mother and a drug addict/alcoholic father.. Then left that enviroment after 10 years and been with a single mom since but I don't get on the floor and act like an idiot. You guys are making excuses for those kids no matter which team it was coming from... If you want to overcome your situations then you have to make an effort to do it. Like you guys say.. These guys are 16-18 years old. Basically grown men. Be more respectable for christs sake. I know if I slip up and say 1 cuss word period even in practice, it's nothing but running for me.

Just because these kids are good players and have this big future ahead of them doesn't excuse them to do whatever they want. If most of these kids only have their mother I am willing to bet anything that their mother's did NOT raise them to do things like that.

VERY WELL SPOKEN!!!!

I was at the game, sitting near the Bearden student section, and believe me, Bearden's players cussed just as much as Oak Hill's. In fact, Bearden's players were the ones talkin trash the WHOLE game, tryin to instigate things with Oak Hill's players. Even when they were losing. Not to mention what Bearden's student section was yelling. Talk about classless. Mo Mo even had to talk to the refs about near the end it cuz it was getting so bad. So dont single out Oak Hill's players just because they are brought up in a different environment. Bearden's players and student section are some of the most classless people i've seen in awhile.

Hahaha, you must not know anything about AE do you? They have the size to compete with Bearden.. What's going to win the game for AE is the guards... AE has better guards then Bearden.. So it takes the guards to get the ball to the post, right or wrong? Therefore, if Bearden can't get the ball to the post AE wins by double digits.. If they get the ball to the post, AE wins by single digits...

I just brought my ticket to the Oak Hill game, the ticket guy, said they're just selling 2, 000 tickets to the game and you must have your ticket before getting to the gym.. They're not going to sell tickets at the door.. He also added, tickets are going fast....

Well apparently you don't know about Bearden cause they dominated your little Roadrunners 109-67!! If you can't do your math either that's a 42 point loss there big boy. Hardin Valley sounds like a good match up for your Roadrunners.

Hardin Valley sounds like a good match up for your Roadrunners.

Uh that's kind of funny there however you have all the right to brag about the victory.. But its another thread label AE at Bearden... find that and post on there... Then you'll see what I thought about the game...

Let me start by saying this isn't some prissy catholic school you're talking about. This is Oak Hill Academy. Most of those kids are there because they need to overcome some stuff in order to reach the next level. Some of those things that I am referring to include academic struggles and extremely difficult living environment. Who cares how much these kids cuss? Understanding where some of them come from I think if all they do is cuss they are doing well. It never ceases to amaze me how some people who live a predominantly care free existance point the finger at every little thing someone else does and chastise them for it. By the way, how did you like the final score of the Catholic game Friday night?

I dont give a crap what place you grow up in... how many struggles youve had... tell me where does it say you have to cuss because you llive in a bad enviroment??? does it make you tougher for the hood or somethin like that??? haha really??? its a decision that you personally make stop making escuses!!! this is ridiculous! It never ceases to amaze me how ppl will make escuses for ppl who live a hard life! listen man tell me whats the difference in someone cussing who lives in a good enviroment or someone who lives in a bad enviroment? (they grow up hearing it WHO CARES that doesnt mean they have to do it) you think that lets them off the hook and makes them specail makes cussing right and gives them a reason to do it at a ball game!? NO... lemme give you an analogy what ur sayin is cuz they grew up in a different envrioment that gives them the right to cuss but you see thats saying the same thing as well say boi from the hood shot somebody and got caught and guy from good enviroment shot somebody and got caught that the guy from the hood should not get sentenced cuz thats what hes seen his whole life... thats not how it works big dog they will both be sentenced to the same amount... same thing goes with basketball and showing respect on the court the dicipline should be the same no matter where you come from!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE ESCUSES!!

I dont give a crap what place you grow up in... how many struggles youve had... tell me where does it say you have to cuss because you llive in a bad enviroment??? does it make you tougher for the hood or somethin like that??? haha really??? its a decision that you personally make stop making escuses!!! this is ridiculous! It never ceases to amaze me how ppl will make escuses for ppl who live a hard life! listen man tell me whats the difference in someone cussing who lives in a good enviroment or someone who lives in a bad enviroment? (they grow up hearing it WHO CARES that doesnt mean they have to do it) you think that lets them off the hook and makes them specail makes cussing right and gives them a reason to do it at a ball game!? NO... lemme give you an analogy what ur sayin is cuz they grew up in a different envrioment that gives them the right to cuss but you see thats saying the same thing as well say boi from the hood shot somebody and got caught and guy from good enviroment shot somebody and got caught that the guy from the hood should not get sentenced cuz thats what hes seen his whole life... thats not how it works big dog they will both be sentenced to the same amount... same thing goes with basketball and showing respect on the court the dicipline should be the same no matter where you come from!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE ESCUSES!!

Well said...

I HATE ESCUSES!!

To basketball2223 spell EXCUSES correctly. And to Camden and 2223. Stop whining cussing goes on ALL THE TIME in basketball whether they are rich or poor. Like I said these dudes are 16-18, cussing is just like another word. Stop acting like you are talking about 10 year olds(and there r kids who cuss before that) who shouldnt be talking like that. The one time I went to an NBA game, that was the most cussing I have ever heard in my life on a basketball court, even guys who look really classy were cussing, it just shows emotion. And the people at that NBA game didnt come away whining about how the cussing was to much for them. If you found it offensive...LEAVE no one is asking you to listen. Really, stop whinig both teams cussed and there is nothing wrong with it.

Oh and I HIGHLY DOUBT any player expected for the whole crowd to hear him cuss if there where that many people at the game. Once again, if u dont like the cussing well then LEAVE.

I HATE ESCUSES!!

Way to compare murdering and cussing smart one.

And I didnt say they cuss because of their enviroment.

I said I RATHER have them cuss then have them end up doing wat usually goes on in their enviroment... which is murdering, stealing, etc.

To basketball2223 spell EXCUSES correctly. And to Camden and 2223. Stop whining cussing goes on ALL THE TIME in basketball whether they are rich or poor. Like I said these dudes are 16-18, cussing is just like another word. Stop acting like you are talking about 10 year olds(and there r kids who cuss before that) who shouldnt be talking like that. The one time I went to an NBA game, that was the most cussing I have ever heard in my life on a basketball court, even guys who look really classy were cussing, it just shows emotion. And the people at that NBA game didnt come away whining about how the cussing was to much for them. If you found it offensive...LEAVE no one is asking you to listen. Really, stop whinig both teams cussed and there is nothing wrong with it.

Oh and I HIGHLY DOUBT any player expected for the whole crowd to hear him cuss if there where that many people at the game. Once again, if u dont like the cussing well then LEAVE.

And think.. In the NBA. Kids look up to these guys and then go to a game and hear them constantly cussing. Now those same kids are going to say. hey! My hero is cussing like a sailor while he plays.. So should I! Now it's on the parents to get the kid out of it because they have some sense and know you should be respectable. Cussing is just another word but it's very disrespecting.

What if you owned a business and a guy comes in for an interview and the first thing is says is.. "How the f*** are you, bi***!?" Think you are going to hire him because it's acceptable that he is only cussing instead of walking in and shooting you? No.. You won't even consider the guy.

Let me start by saying this isn't some prissy catholic school you're talking about. This is Oak Hill Academy. Most of those kids are there because they need to overcome some stuff in order to reach the next level. Some of those things that I am referring to include academic struggles and extremely difficult living environment. Who cares how much these kids cuss? Understanding where some of them come from I think if all they do is cuss they are doing well. It never ceases to amaze me how some people who live a predominantly care free existance point the finger at every little thing someone else does and chastise them for it.

You are right, most of the kids attending Oak Hill have at some point in their lives, not been able to attain the required requirements to go onto college from their original high school. Oak Hill has given them a chance to achieve something great. I just hope that by that time they will have matured some in their appearance in public.