Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

I will give you that SH is good, but they are not great. Following Big 9 baseball all year this time it truly is up for grabs, any team from 1-7 has a legitimate shot at winning. Some schools have showed their hand maybe a little too early, so everybody knows who everybody has with the exception of Tennessee High. They have a kid who little have seen, I think his ERA is just above 1, Coach P truly understands the game and the chess match. I may eat my words later, but having said that. I think if Tennessee High continues to improve their defense, they will be the team to beat come District. I am not a huge DB fan, but that is also a very streaky team.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give you that SH is good, but they are not great. Following Big 9 baseball all year this time it truly is up for grabs, any team from 1-7 has a legitimate shot at winning. Some schools have showed their hand maybe a little too early, so everybody knows who everybody has with the exception of Tennessee High. They have a kid who little have seen, I think his ERA is just above 1, Coach P truly understands the game and the chess match. I may eat my words later, but having said that. I think if Tennessee High continues to improve their defense, they will be the team to beat come District. I am not a huge DB fan, but that is also a very streaky team.

I just got back into town but have been reading sports on the computer in Florida. I'm not usually a big DB fan but that team looks to be improving to me. Laughry has a hot stick and Harvey is gaining more focus as the season goes on. TN High always looks good and I think that there are some aces up the old sleeve out there too. The Hill will definitley be in the running as will Boone. Dishner is a good little pitcher and the Connells bring a lot to the park. My money says don't write off the Tribe too soon. East may be a sleeper too.

Does anybody know if tssaa sets a gate price for high school games? We have paid $4.00 all year,untill we went to the Hill last week and paid $5.00 to get in,just wondering.The girl working the gate said she thought it was suppose to be $5.00.

Schools can charge what ever they want for admission. T$$AA set pricing for the playoffs only, in ALL sports! Science Hill may charge the extra dollar to help pay for Cardnial Park????

Schools can charge what ever they want for admission. T$$AA set pricing for the playoffs only, in ALL sports! Science Hill may charge the extra dollar to help pay for Cardnial Park????

Thanks for the info worlhead.I didn't realize that.The way that the t$$aa likes to dictate entry fees, I would have thought they would set regular game prices.

I heard that the Gala at the KBGC Saturday went good,thats great.Keep up the good work.

DB won last night 6-3 against South. Seems the middle of the conference is much like the football was in the acc this year. They are beating each other up. Harvey had yet another great night pitching, besides one or two off nights he has been a rock and force in that lineup. As it gets warmer, he gets better. Watch out for DB, they have the senior leadership that usually prevails when it comes tourney time. Just remember their top three pitchers are seniors and they want to leave their mark. Get in the postseason and anything can happen, especially when this team has shown it can beat any team they have played.

DB won last night 6-3 against South. Seems the middle of the conference is much like the football was in the acc this year. They are beating each other up. Harvey had yet another great night pitching, besides one or two off nights he has been a rock and force in that lineup. As it gets warmer, he gets better. Watch out for DB, they have the senior leadership that usually prevails when it comes tourney time. Just remember their top three pitchers are seniors and they want to leave their mark. Get in the postseason and anything can happen, especially when this team has shown it can beat any team they have played.

Me and a buddy made the 45 minute drive over to JF Johnson last night as my interest in the Indians is peaking as tourney time draws near. That Harvey kid is impressive. Talk about handcuffing south! For South, same kids, same mistakes and same strikeouts. Duh. Harvey is poised, under control, and in my book runs the show as soon as he steps on the mound. The 2nd baseman is tough and a good hitter too. I agree that this team is the one to watch. They seem to have continually improved all season. I still say don't write off the Tribe even though I'm a Patriot fan, you gotta recognize talent where it is. Good baseball again Coach Ritz.