Union County destroys Cosby

KevB1990

KEV...in the first half we threw 4 td passes. then coach wanted to show good sportmanship and didnt throw a pass in the second half. We ran the same play the whole second half but our line was just playin extremely well. Cosby played hard but they just dont have the numbers. Overall, we played alright. We made alot of careless mistakes but we are improving each time out which is key. It's time to move on and get ready for West Greene.

By the way, nice to see my boys (for now) get a big win Friday.

Posted by aben589934:

KEV...in the first half we threw 4 td passes. then coach wanted to show good sportmanship and didnt throw a pass in the second half. We ran the same play the whole second half but our line was just playin extremely well. Cosby played hard but they just dont have the numbers. Overall, we played alright. We made alot of careless mistakes but we are improving each time out which is key. It's time to move on and get ready for West Greene.

By the way, nice to see my boys (for now) get a big win Friday.

Yeah. They blew a big lead, but were able to win it on a tipped pass from Charlie Smith to Nate Potter.

QB job is still up for grabs.

You saw the score on the Claiborne game didn't ya? They ran for 406 yards in the game and Brogan threw for 140. Didn't see the other stats because coach Harrison didn't call us at the Trib.

What was your final stat line?

[Edited by KevB1990 on 8-26-02 10:06A]

Cosby is another team I pull for. My 2nd cousin plays for them. What hurts them in football is the best athletes in that school would rather play basketball. I watched them last year and they didn't have but 25 players.

I watched these two teams last year when Union County beat Cosby 12-7. Union County was huge on the line. The quarterback was bigger than anybody Cosby had last year.

I wish Cosby the best of luck this season! I will try to watch them play North Greene again. I watched that game last year.

Cosby is my Mom and Dads alma mater.I have a lot of family in Cosby.

well KEV I dont officially know the rushing yards, but I do know we had over 300 yards. As for passing, we only threw the ball in the second quarter which was enough. I finished 6-10 (not very impressive) 131 yards 4 tds 0 ints. Coach wouldnt let me throw any more after the 2nd quarter because we dont run the score up. My hats off to my linemen though, they did an awesome job Friday. It makes it alot easier to complete a pass when you have time to read the defense. I hope to have a better game and be more efficient this Friday. Tell my boys up in Rutledge to keep winning until they have to travel to Maynardville.

By the way, you need to do an article in the paper about us!!

Posted by REBELRON:

Cosby is another team I pull for. My 2nd cousin plays for them. What hurts them in football is the best athletes in that school would rather play basketball. I watched them last year and they didn't have but 25 players.

I watched these two teams last year when Union County beat Cosby 12-7. Union County was huge on the line. The quarterback was bigger than anybody Cosby had last year.

I wish Cosby the best of luck this season! I will try to watch them play North Greene again. I watched that game last year.

Ron,

I agree the Cosby-North Greene games always are good clean hard fought matches. I enjoy watching any two more-or-less evenly matched teams compete. It's a lot of fun! I wish Cosby the best of luck this year (except for that one game anyway), and hope to see you at the game!

Posted by aben589934:

well KEV I dont officially know the rushing yards, but I do know we had over 300 yards. As for passing, we only threw the ball in the second quarter which was enough. I finished 6-10 (not very impressive) 131 yards 4 tds 0 ints. Coach wouldnt let me throw any more after the 2nd quarter because we dont run the score up. My hats off to my linemen though, they did an awesome job Friday. It makes it alot easier to complete a pass when you have time to read the defense. I hope to have a better game and be more efficient this Friday. Tell my boys up in Rutledge to keep winning until they have to travel to Maynardville.

By the way, you need to do an article in the paper about us!!

Hey man. If Union County was in the Tribune's coverage area, you guys would be part of my beat. The people at the Grainger County News have tried to buy the Union News Leader but with no success. Maybe if that happens, they'll make me an offer to run the Sports Department.

It's going to be tough for the fellas to keep winning until they come to Maynardville. G-P and Seymour and Pigeon and Claiborne are in the way first.

By the way, 4 of 6 completions going for TDs is a pretty good ratio. Remember that.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 8-27-02 9:06A]

Posted by ie3:
Posted by REBELRON:

Ron,

I agree the Cosby-North Greene games always are good clean hard fought matches. I enjoy watching any two more-or-less evenly matched teams compete. It's a lot of fun! I wish Cosby the best of luck this year (except for that one game anyway), and hope to see you at the game!

If I can make it we can meet wherever you want to. It would be nice to meet you. I was impressed with the tailback and the quarterback! I noticed both players are back.

Posted by REBELRON:
Posted by ie3:
Posted by REBELRON:

Ron,

If I can make it we can meet wherever you want to. It would be nice to meet you. I was impressed with the tailback and the quarterback! I noticed both players are back.

I'll make a note to message you closer to the game, we'll see what we can work out. It's on Halloween this year, could be an interesting party. See ya...