What is wrong with USJ?

utfan3

I've seen them play three times over at westview. And to be honest it was two times to many. Usj doesn't have any talent on the floor. The point guard maybe the best player on the team but that isn't saying to much, i think he is a freshman. Usj doesn't get any help from the district schedue when they have to play north side, covington and ripley. So there isn't anything wrong with usj. There just not that good to begin with. Maybe if they bring back Brandon they would improve.

Who's Brandon?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh.....Brennan. My bad.

uhhh, thats why its called graduation. everybody would be good if you could just bring back the best players from the past... DUH... i'm sure you were trying to be sarcastically funny but that attempt was so rediculous it was a monumental failure.

Haywood would be state champs if they brought back tony delk, ricky taylor, jarvis vernardo, liggins...

Man, how awesome would Bolivar be with Kemp and Chism and the numerous others back

or how about Liberty with Sain and Jones, the Long brothers, etc....

see how that is just so rediculous its not funny!

uhhh, thats why its called graduation. everybody would be good if you could just bring back the best players from the past... DUH... i'm sure you were trying to be sarcastically funny but that attempt was so rediculous it was a monumental failure.

Haywood would be state champs if they brought back tony delk, ricky taylor, jarvis vernardo, liggins...

Man, how awesome would Bolivar be with Kemp and Chism and the numerous others back

DUh... Steve maybe if you had jerry esque( misspelled) back every year you could have made it to region.lol just joking. Respect you as a former coach except for the hirring of butch. Knows the game but a pain in the butt and nutts by the way.

I think part of the problem is that basketball at USJ plays about fifth fiddle behind academics, football, baseball, and maybe even soccer. An example would be that 2 boys that would have been starters on Jr. High team this year opted out of 8th grade year in basketball to play high school baseball this year. I don't in any way blame them for doing what they think is best. I am just saying that it gets to a point where there have to be choices made, and basketball does not seem to be first choice for many.

I grew up in a school where basketball was the only thing we had. It was an easy choice for athletes then.

DUh... Steve maybe if you had jerry esque( misspelled) back every year you could have made it to region.lol just joking. Respect you as a former coach except for the hirring of butch. Knows the game but a pain in the butt and nutts by the way.

yeah, we could have been really good if i hadnt lost 6 seniors that first year and my only two effective ball handling Guards the next.... was just a struggle from that point. As for the last couple of lines... LOLOLOL.... he wasnt "hired" but as for the other part... no comment. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Oh, and I"m not a "former" coach... still going at it. who are you since you have a bit of insight on me and GC the past few years?

His team was down only 11 minutes with 3 minutes left in the game and he had all of his subs in. Did he not believe that he could make some sort of comeback with his starters?

GC Pioneer

my question to you. Is this normal --given the games you have watched-- that it makes sense to give up with this much time left. He has done this most games this year. 6 min left, 7 min left, 4 mins left with score within 8. How does he come to this decision? Are they just not that good and have no hope of coming back to make it a game??--I am really lost on his coaching style.

Will Pierce had an excellent game tonight also. I am very hopeful about the future in Div II next year.

Miller and Pierce for 2 more years, Glover for another 3.....Martindale/Dietz will be seniors next year. We should have won this game, but almost would have had to play perfect the last half....could not hang with them athletically.

I wanted to whack the Fayette Ware cheerleader that would stand right behind our guys when we took the ball out of bounds on end line....I am talking less than a foot and harassing them-----just one well placed elbow would have made my night /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Also, does anyone understand why the opponents on this district do not want to sit on one side of the gym.....I understand that it does not only happen at our place, but everywhere in the district.

I was proud of our guys tonight and the effort that they gave.

Do me a favor and the next time you go off on one of your sarcastic rants........quote the right person?

Your comments would have made more sense and might even been funny.