Westview @ Gibson Co.

GCPioneer

I try to be an expert.... Thanks, lol

Rechis is a better shooter, but other than that..... it's Fussell

Don't take everything so personal, lol... I just think that Fussell is a better all around player. You obviously are a Westview fan. I've read several of your posts. I'll even go out and say Fussell is the best player in District 13AA and one of the best players in West TN just so you don't take it so personal against your girls.

13aafanatic, you seem to know what you're talking about in some of the posts of yours I've read. Let me ask you this, not trying to be smart, but do you actually think a team that is sitting at 12-0 or at 16-0 will actually be ranked 6th in the state in the first AP poll??? You know most AP voters in East TN will see the name Westview or Gibson Co. and what they've done in the past and see that these teams sit at 12-0 and 16-0 and will vote them high.

Not taken personally..... just glad your expert . Yeah a sure Weatview fan! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> GO WESTVIEW!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was being sarcastic about trying to be an expert, but I do watch alot of basketball and keep it up with it closely, lol.

I was there all day yesterday and will most likely be there all day Monday or Tuesday watching. I plan on trying to get over to the Dyersburg Christmas tournament to watch one day there.

Hickman Co. had no answer for Rechis. You'd figured they'd eventually learn to guard her when she's in a shooting groove like she was, but they never did.

As for this Westview/GC game, I'm just ready for it to be played! Classic GC/Westview battles. I've seen several of them over the past few years, I expect to see a few more this year!!!!

Gibson Co. and Westview are the two best teams in 13AA, but not in the state.

I think GC might be #2, but expect they will both be in the top 6 or so.

It will still be a great game, though. Going with the Lady Pioneers by 10. But Rechis will get her points.

You are exactly right on each point that you made. Gibson County and Westview ought to be in the top 5 when the polls come out. Marshall County ought to be #1 and you still have some other very good teams in Upperman and McMinn. Voters wont and shouldnt forget the state tournament showing of Gibson County last year when they vote. Gibson County still has something to prove in Murfresboro.

It will be a great game and Rechis will get her points. Gibson County should win this one since its at home but the real test will come when they play at Westview later in the year.

13aafanatic, you seem to know what you're talking about in some of the posts of yours I've read. Let me ask you this, not trying to be smart, but do you actually think a team that is sitting at 12-0 or at 16-0 will actually be ranked 6th in the state in the first AP poll??? You know most AP voters in East TN will see the name Westview or Gibson Co. and what they've done in the past and see that these teams sit at 12-0 and 16-0 and will vote them high.

Appreciate the compliment. Yeah, I actually do think so. Probably top 5 though. Marshall Co. (14-0) should be #1. McMinn Central (12-0) and Upperman (12-1) will be up there too.

I'm agreeing with greenfieldfan. AP voters probably won't go too far to remember what these teams have done. They watched Marshall Co. beat GC by 29 and haven't seen Westview at state in three years. (It's a new year, but this is the first poll so there's not much to go on.) I do believe that GC and Westview deserve top 5 rankings.

That aside, state rankings will just make this game bigger for the fans.

Just another tough district night for both teams. It will be exciting.

QUOTE (GCPioneer @ Dec 28 2008 - 02:27 PM)

Maybe you need to refresh me on what Gibson County has done statewide, I must be forgetting. I do remember an undefeated season until they got to Murfresboro a few years back and then last year. I'm not trying to be smart. I just cant remember much domination at Murfresboro. Now Westview, I can remember some good teams and a Gold Ball. But 7AA has pretty much dominated AA basketball at least here lately.

So I think a top 5 in the new poll is more than fair for Gibson County right now.

LOL, Gibson Co. made it to the Final 4 back in 2000 I believe and each time they have went they have lost to the eventual state champion except for 1 year... I'll do a little research on this one for ya...

2000-2001

Lost to South Greene in the final 4. South Greene went on to win the state championship.

2002-2003

Lost to Chester Co. 46-37...Chester Co. was state runner-up losing to Jackson Co. in Championship

2003-2004

Lost to Livingston Acad. 71-56...Finished the season 33-1...LA was state champs and did not have a single digit game at the state tournaments that year

2007-2008

Got crushed by Marshall Co. in 1st rd. at state. This was a VERY young team that is loaded with Sophomores and only had 1 Senior that contributed lots of minutes. Marshall Co. cruised onto a state championship.

Also, Gibson Co. made it to the final four back when Paige Duncan, now Paige McMillan, and Missy Herndon were playing at GC. They lost by 1 point to Cannon Co., I believe it was in the semi-finals on a buzzard beater. Cannon Co. then went onto dominate in the championship game.

Wasn't the 02-03 loss to Chester County a region loss? If so then Gibson County has 3 state tournament appearances in the last 10 years but no Gold or Silver Balls. Gibson County has a real good record for regular season but their not known across the state as a powerhouse just yet. That may change over the next few years but lets just wait and see.

gcpioneer quote "I try to be an expert.... Thanks, lol"

With all your Gibson County is the best in the state and your quote above, you are beginning to sound like some of the Union City fans on the Boys board last year. (pretty cocky)

34 points with Jennings or Garner guarding her???? She ain't playing Hickman Co. KY again, lol...

So I guess your sayin since it is not Hickman Co. maybe she will play more than 15 minutes. 30 points,5 rebounds in 15 min. and guarding Hickman's best player I call that a clinic! If SEC school would have been there I know they would say the same!

No, Chester Co. is and was not in our Region. Gibson Co. is in Reg. 7AA which consists of 13AA/14AA. 14AA is North Side, Fayette Ware, Covington, and all of those schools. So, to correct you, that does make 4 trips in 10 years.

Go find 1 posts where I've said Gibson Co. is the best in the state! I've never came straight out and stated that Gibson Co. is the best team in AA in the state. I do believe we'll be at the state tournaments and competing once we get there, but I've never came straight out and said we're better than everyone in the state in AA.

As for the quote where I said "I try to be an expert, Thanks, lol" is in reguards to the bballchick calling me an expert and it was a smart ellic reply back, I know. I'm not cocky, just confident and last time I checked there's nothing wrong with that. I know we can be beaten, and it could very well happen in this game against Martin. A loss for either team against each other at this time in the year won't be a bad thing for either team. Yes, it's a loss, but it's also a reality check to show each team where they stand and what they need to work on against the better teams around to make the special run in the state tournaments.

#1 McMinn probably a top 3 team in state last year, lost no one

#2 Gibson County much better, will look to better a 07 boro appearance

#3 Marshall County, not exactly as strong as 07, but tourney experience, and 3 or 4 returning players

#4 Martin Westview will hurt some because of Brooks, but very capable

#5 Upperman solid experienced team, with a go to player, as all good teams must have

#6 Obion can beat anyone on a good night

#7 BTW made section in 07, lost no one, added a good freshman, would not want to go to Memphis in Section

#8 South Greene

#9 Stone Memorial

#10 Gibbs

Now Ap will have Marshall, Upperman, Mcminn, GC,MW

OH MY Goodness!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> GC is not givin' no love to Da "VIEW" ..

the Loss of Brooks is sad for the Lady Chargers -- with her they would've won by 20 ,

But since she's out , Westview still takes the "W" , but only by about 10 points or so. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rechis could drop 40 on GC if the Lady Pioneers can manage to keep in close.

LOL, you seem to be the one not giving love to the Lady Pioneers now that the Reedy's have seen the light!!!! You've been on us since the start of it.

I hope this goes down as another GC/Westview classic. I love watching Westview play, except when they play us. I respect what Stephenson has done with them and I hope they do well this year! I hate that they loss Brooks because she is a competitor and makes her team just that much better. I wish the best for her!