LA at Station Camp

OldCatFan

Good win LA. Don't have to be a blow out to be a good win. You were at Station Camp. Sounds like it was a hostile environment and Station Camp shot great. Sounds like Jenkins has improved too. Stay focused on the next opponent. We want to see you back in Murfreesboro & you can do it. Didn't realize Dunn was so close to the record. We'll be watching and listening. Keep us updated in the next few games. Might want to be there when he breaks it. Great stuff.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he is going to break the record at Upperman. Couldn't think of a better place if he can't do it at home. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

He could get it at home vs. Smith Co. but he might not be as needed against the weaker teams coming up.

11 regular season games to go. About what 9 or 10 tournament games to go (if we get there)?

20 games x 20 points = Its possible that he shatters the record.

Great job Chase. Keep it up!

Chase deserves everything that comes his way. He has worked very hard and it's paying off for him. I wish him and the Cats continued success.

Maybe I should have said better than "I" anticipated! I was lead to believe that they were not as good as last year(think I may have heard that on the radio) and I think we are better than last year so I was expecting an easier win! From what I have seen of their previous scores, it would seem that tonight's game was one of their best, if not the best, of the season!

Twist it however you want to do so, but it was not Station Camp's best game. I'm not banking on Station Camp ever beating Livingston Academy this season, but Station Camp did not play very well based on what I saw. Station Camp missed makeable shots, had numerous turnovers and didn't play very good defense. It's crazy to say when he scored 51 points, but I don't even believe that Jenkins played his best game. He forced more shots than normal and just was not as efficient as he has been in some earlier games. Johnson, Payne, Kohler, etc. had better step up their game if they hope to make a nice postseason run. They must be assertive and efficient on the offensive end, and Station Camp has to rebound much better than they did on Saturday. Livingston looked extremely balanced in the game's early stages, and they did a good job of trying to limit Jenkins' touches early on. Livingston needs to play better defensively as well though. They gave up 76 points to a Station Camp team that has one legitimate scorer. Station Camp had lots of shots that could have been converted, but many of those were missed by wide margins. A good and smart offensive team will take advantage of that at some point down the line. Best of luck to both teams.

Twist it however you want to do so, but it was not Station Camp's best game. I'm not banking on Station Camp ever beating Livingston Academy this season, but Station Camp did not play very well based on what I saw. Station Camp missed makeable shots, had numerous turnovers and didn't play very good defense. It's crazy to say when he scored 51 points, but I don't even believe that Jenkins played his best game. He forced more shots than normal and just was not as efficient as he has been in some earlier games. Johnson, Payne, Kohler, etc. had better step up their game if they hope to make a nice postseason run. They must be assertive and efficient on the offensive end, and Station Camp has to rebound much better than they did on Saturday. Livingston looked extremely balanced in the game's early stages, and they did a good job of trying to limit Jenkins' touches early on. Livingston needs to play better defensively as well though. They gave up 76 points to a Station Camp team that has one legitimate scorer. Station Camp had lots of shots that could have been converted, but many of those were missed by wide margins. A good and smart offensive team will take advantage of that at some point down the line. Best of luck to both teams.

Ha... Ok. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ha... Ok. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If i had read the line scores correct sunday morning other than Jenkins, who is a great all round player no other Station Camp player was in double figures. I had picked Station Camp by 8 with a ideal of more balance scoring. Station Camp has to be deeper on the floor and off the bench. If a ball team depends on one player just think what might have been if that balance scoring had been there. With more depth and balance scoring LA could have had a long night.

If i had read the line scores correct sunday morning other than Jenkins, who is a great all round player no other Station Camp player was in double figures. I had picked Station Camp by 8 with a ideal of more balance scoring. Station Camp has to be deeper on the floor and off the bench. If a ball team depends on one player just think what might have been if that balance scoring had been there. With more depth and balance scoring LA could have had a long night.

Yeah. If Station Camp had 8 or 10 guys with double figures they might have beaten LA. What ifs are endless. Both teams think the other played well and theirs didn't play so well. Anyway. It's over. Who knows what will happen if these teams meet again. Can we all agree that both teams played hard?

Yeah. If Station Camp had 8 or 10 guys with double figures they might have beaten LA. What ifs are endless. Both teams think the other played well and theirs didn't play so well. Anyway. It's over. Who knows what will happen if these teams meet again. Can we all agree that both teams played hard?

Show me 8 or 10 players with double figures and I will show you a pick-up game after church on Sunday on any court. I cannot believe that Station Camp does not have a deep offence for more balance scoring. They may have had a bad shooting night I did not see the game so I just do not know. I will agree with you that both teams may have played good but in this game I just do not understand the balance of offence on court or off the bench? Well I do understand what happened...

Show me 8 or 10 players with double figures and I will show you a pick-up game after church on Sunday on any court. I cannot believe that Station Camp does not have a deep offence for more balance scoring. They may have had a bad shooting night I did not see the game so I just do not know. I will agree with you that both teams may have played good but in this game I just do not understand the balance of offence on court or off the bench? Well I do understand what happened...

I didn't say both teams played good. I said both teams played hard. I was responding to your post saying that if some more SC players had scored more it would have been a long night for LA. Wouldn't that be true for any game? Maybe they didn't because of LA's defense. People from LA applauded LA's defense, even on Jenkins but sometimes a special player like that just rises above. I think SC has improved since the first of the season. So has LA.

How does SC match up with the rest of their district? Should they win it? If Jenkins can score 50 I think they're a shoe-in.

Ball teams that depend on "one" player can potentially be dangerous especially if that one player is as good as Jenkins. He single-handedly kept SC in the game the other night. Whether it's the region finals or semis or whatever, I really don't think SC will beat LA. But, I also remember a college team several years ago that was supposed to be a one man show and that team made it to the NCAA title game. Indiana St.-Larry Bird

Ball teams that depend on "one" player can potentially be dangerous especially if that one player is as good as Jenkins. He single-handedly kept SC in the game the other night. Whether it's the region finals or semis or whatever, I really don't think SC will beat LA. But, I also remember a college team several years ago that was supposed to be a one man show and that team made it to the NCAA title game. Indiana St.-Larry Bird

Yes that was some ride for a small school like Indiana St. I can't remember the coaches name for Indiana St. but he was at Tech under Cliff Malpass in the mid to late 70's.

Jenkins is one heck of a BB player and a fine young man. No one can stop him. Few can slow him down! I would be very surprised if he gets 50 against a very good LA defense, but if he does---50+ 15 or 20 does not equal the 75+ that LA will put on the board!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

A team with a great player can and will beat a lot of good teams----but----rarely will they beat a superior TEAM. LA has great individual players, but above everything else, the word 'TEAM' arises . From the starters to the end of the bench. This is a total TEAM effort.

Yes that was some ride for a small school like Indiana St. I can't remember the coaches name for Indiana St. but he was at Tech under Cliff Malpass in the mid to late 70's.

Coach's name was Bill 'Wild Bill' Hodges. Coached ISU , I believe, from 77-82. I may be mistaken, but I believe he coached at Tech after the stint at ISU> Larry Bird is a once in a lifetime player for any school or coach. I was fortunate to see him play at the high schol level. He was an exceptional player but didn't really show his greatness until he played at ISU.