Livingston Academy

Overton County Fan

I think LA could not loose another game but there's a few games they could if they let their guard down and Upperman may have a chance to do that but I believe LA is too strong and coach Melton will guard against a let down. As far as state it's who you draw and how your prepared and if LA gets there last year will be their biggest asset because everyone is pretty good when you get there and I think they will be ready.Good luck to all area teams

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They play Jackson Co. tomorrow night. Any thoughts?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jackson Co. beat Station Camp earlier in the year ?? So that tells me that J-Co. is a very capable team and our boys don't need to overlook anyone !! Not that they will but don't you know that the Blue Devils would like nothing more than to get out of here with a win. I think it could be close for a while but we should win going away if we stayed focused.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jackson Co. beat Station Camp earlier in the year ?? So that tells me that J-Co. is a very capable team and our boys don't need to overlook anyone !! Not that they will but don't you know that the Blue Devils would like nothing more than to get out of here with a win. I think it could be close for a while but we should win going away if we stayed focused.

I agree. After the success that LA has had in recent years, they will have a big target on their backs regardless of who they are playing. Especially since the AP polls came out. Every team will won't to be the team to upset this LA squad. Like you said, staying focused it key.

Couldn't have been said better! Good post. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

not a good game ,not even close LA has the best 1 through 12 players that I've ever seen there and I been watching them for 40 years. They may have had a better starting 5 but not a better team top to bottom.You could not tell any differance in their team if they substituted all 5 starters. JC played terrible but credit LA's defense. I really expect it to be closer next time but tonite was a nightmare for the blue devils. I havent seen us humilated many times like we were tonight. Good luck to both teams ;

not a good game ,not even close LA has the best 1 through 12 players that I've ever seen there and I been watching them for 40 years. They may have had a better starting 5 but not a better team top to bottom.You could not tell any differance in their team if they substituted all 5 starters. JC played terrible but credit LA's defense. I really expect it to be closer next time but tonite was a nightmare for the blue devils. I havent seen us humilated many times like we were tonight. Good luck to both teams ;

I have been watching LA for almost that long too and this is so true. Our starting 5 in 1981-82(I think it was)might have been a bit better but the bench was no where near as strong. Seems as though that starting 5 probably averaged 10+ points each per game but got much more playing time because the bench wasn't as strong. This could be THE year! The bunch mentioned above was barely beaten in the semi-finals by the eventual state champion.

I'll have to agree with senator, although I think JC has a good team. Just didnt have a good game at LA. But they LA is very good. You just don't see teams that deep very often. And LA's coach does a great job subbing them in and out. Its like they never sub but have different people in the game. I really like that style. There defence took JC out of the game. I thought LA shot bad and still put up 69 and held JC to 34. That is pretty tough D. Hate to see the big freshman from LA broke his foot. He gonna be a good one. As deep as LA is there going to be good for a while.