Livingston Academy

Overton County Fan

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be a wake up call for the wildcats. You can't take anything for granted I'm not saying that happened but its easy to get complacent when your winning by 25 plus for the past few games. You have to give Upperman credit for anwsering the challenge and stepping up. Good luck to both teams in post season.

Do the good people of Hog-Eye still have nightmares over the Fulton game last year? Wooo-that was rough. Heard some funny talk coming out of these same threads pregame last season as to what you all were going to do to the Falcons. Just wondering. Keep living the dream until the Middle TN bubble bursts and you must face the powerhouses from the Eastern and Western corners of the state. Sleep tight for now...........zzzzzz........zzzz...

Seems like we heard a lot of talk like that during the 2005 FB season!! If LA plays like they did against Upperman, their season will end in the region tournament. IF(very big IF) they get their game together and play like they are capable of playing,like they have at several times this year,their season will end with them carrying a gold ball back to LA!

Also, congratulations to Chase Dunn on becoming Livingston Academy's all-time leading scorer. It's unfortunate he couldn't have broken the record at home and received a little more in game recognition. Nevertheless, a great achievement for a great basketball player. Again, congrats Chase. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

LA won by 22 at York and it could have been worse. So for tomorrow night's game at Livingston, I will say:

LA 83

York 47

No mercy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think the score will be that bad. LA had a bad game at Upperman and it didn't sound like they played too well at Macon Co. They may be in a little late season lull. I think they beat York pretty bad but not by 36.

I don't think the score will be that bad. LA had a bad game at Upperman and it didn't sound like they played too well at Macon Co. They may be in a little late season lull. I think they beat York pretty bad but not by 36.

The late season lull (as you call it), ended in the 2nd half at Macon Co. after Chase broke the scoring record. The, self-induced pressure, he was under is now gone. He will be back to his old self and so will the rest of the CATS. On a rainy night at LA, the fire-breathing Dragons will have a hard time getting flame going. My prediction: LA by 26 after playing the bench!!!

CONGRATULATIONS:::: Chase on breaking the record. It's been fun to watch.

Let's look past tonight just real quick... i know your supposed to take it one game at a time but i wanna look at the next time LA and Upperman meet .... Ok I get it LA played very badly at baxter so what do they as a (team) need to focus on to get the job done next time? from what i have heard the defense that upperman put up on LA was very basic Full court press, 2-2-1 and a 2-3 zone? [

Any thoughts on what to expect for the next meeting?

then we can talk more about york .. thanks!

Let's look past tonight just real quick... i know your supposed to take it one game at a time but i wanna look at the next time LA and Upperman meet .... Ok I get it LA played very badly at baxter so what do they as a (team) need to focus on to get the job done next time? from what i have heard the defense that upperman put up on LA was very basic Full court press, 2-2-1 and a 2-3 zone? [

Any thoughts on what to expect for the next meeting?

then we can talk more about york .. thanks!

I'll look ahead with you one2watch since I am just a fan of LA basketball and not in any way associated with the team. I can't speak for the coaches or players but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth.

Yes from what I can gather we didn't have a good game against the Bees and I'm sure that the Bees played a big part in that. But coming in unprepared mentally played a big role in that as well IMHO. Breaking records, beating teams fairly easy and owning the Bees as well played a role IMO.

Let me ask you which team do you think would be up for the game more LA or Upperman?? My guess would be Upperman b/c LA has pretty much owned them for the last few years. Agree or disagree ??? So no I'm not surprised that Upperman won after all they do have a real good team. Disappointed you better believe I am and I'm sure the players are as well. It hurts 2 or 3 times more to lose to a team that you know your better than.

Next meeting should be quite a bit different I WOULD THINK. You said that Upperman put on a basic defense on the Cats. You know sometimes the basic stuff can win especially if the opponent isn't ready to play and have a off night shooting the ball. I have seen that happen plenty of times.

I believe Upperman better bring more than your basic umbrella press and 2-3 zone if they expect to beat the Cats on their floor. JMO