Livingston Academy

Overton County Fan

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does everyone think Dunn will get the record tonight or will LA fans have to wait another game to see it?

I personally think that it will wait. But I have been wrong before.(often)

Also, I am finding it very funny that people make such a big deal out of dunking. haha

THREE DUNKS IN ONE GAME??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Where I grew up, you could expect 3 dunks in the first 4 possessions of a ballgame.

Not making fun of, or criticizing anyone, it is just soooo much different than what I grew up with.

GO BEES /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I personally think that it will wait. But I have been wrong before.(often)

Also, I am finding it very funny that people make such a big deal out of dunking. haha

THREE DUNKS IN ONE GAME??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Where I grew up, you could expect 3 dunks in the first 4 possessions of a ballgame.

Not making fun of, or criticizing anyone, it is just soooo much different than what I grew up with.

GO BEES /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maybe it's that LA just isn't as used to shattered backboards as those of you who end up in Baxter. Just thinking out loud, but I wander if that vertically blessed place where you once resided misses you too. Surely it doesn't only sell one-way tickets. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just having a little fun as you were I'm sure.

Maybe it's that LA just isn't as used to shattered backboards as those of you who end up in Baxter. Just thinking out loud, but I wander if that vertically blessed place where you once resided misses you too. Surely it doesn't only sell one-way tickets. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just having a little fun as you were I'm sure.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well, I certainly did not grow up in Baxter. But just to give a few hints, and to pass the time while I watch the inauguration.....

At my High School was a fella named Earvin "Magic" Johnson. He graduated just before I got there. But the starting 5 from my high school all went to major college programs, well, except for one, but he ended up as the NCAA High Jump Champion at Indiana.......and had a standing invitation from Bobby Knight to play basketball also.

I went to Jr High with a fella named Sam Vincent. He was 5' 11" in 8th grade, and dunking. He has a NBA championship ring as a backup to Dennis Johnson on the Celtics.

I took karate lessons with his big brother Jay Vincent who graduated from a school across town. Big Fella.

And then there is Charles and Carl Thomas, twins that both had very short NBA careers.

Anyways, high flying basketball back in my hometown.

OH, and since you mentioned it. Earvin used to hold a week long basketball camp every summer back in Lansing. He would bring in some of the biggest NBA stars you could imagine. He had Dr J, George Girvin, James Worthy, Kurt Rambis, all kinds of incredible players. At the end of every camp he would hold an All-Star Game and it will filled with NBa'ers, and an occassional MSU favorite.

I was standing on the baseline, ( I was a HS SR) taking pictures during warmups, and just as I put the camera down Darryl Dawkins came up and threw down the chocolate thunder, SHATTERING the backboard. The game was delayed 45 minutes, and hadnt even started yet!!!

WOOHOOOOO....good times. (yeah, I knew you were just having fun. and I can promise that my school misses me!!!)

Oh, when I was 20 years old, playing a little semi-pro football, I could dunk a tennis ball. hahaha, I had just achieved the vertical to reach, and then about 3 weeks later my knee went in the crapper and I have been earth bound ever since. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh, when I was 20 years old, playing a little semi-pro football, I could dunk a tennis ball. hahaha, I had just achieved the vertical to reach, and then about 3 weeks later my knee went in the crapper and I have been earth bound ever since. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

That's the way it always goes. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> We think we're flying high, but really we're just full of .... bad knees.

I'm having fun too!

That's the way it always goes. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> We think we're flying high, but really we're just full of .... bad knees.

I'm having fun too!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Well, I am certainly full of.......bad knees!! And worse!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What stinks is that I worked for YEARS and YEARS.....ok...If I would have worked harder I could have been so much better than I ever was,....but it took me til I was 20 years old to get the rim. Im only 5'9", so that was quite a feat. But I worked my tail off. (This was for football anyways, I was 3rd team all-driveway in basketball...that was all I was ever going to be in my hometown.)

Anyways, I had some hops for about 6 months. Now my body is so screwed up that I cant even enjoy the hops in a bud light!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

T.J Smith had a dunk but thats it. The Reeder kid cant even get the rim

Whether we had 2 dunks or not , 4 points went on the scoreboard and in the scorebook. True LA fans would be patting each other on the back rather than talking about them! However, to set the record straight, we did have 2 dunks. Granted they were not "John Jenkins Rim-Rattlers" they one-handed throw downs. On a scale of 1-10, I'll give Smith's a 5 and Reeder's a 3 just simply because he is a 6' Freshman with enough "gumpshion" to even try it!!!! See ya at Upperman tonight.

Do the good people of Hog-Eye still have nightmares over the Fulton game last year? Wooo-that was rough. Heard some funny talk coming out of these same threads pregame last season as to what you all were going to do to the Falcons. Just wondering. Keep living the dream until the Middle TN bubble bursts and you must face the powerhouses from the Eastern and Western corners of the state. Sleep tight for now...........zzzzzz........zzzz...