Livingston Academy

Overton County Fan

OK. At Livingston, the Cats blasted the Blue Devils 69-34. It appears upon examination of recent JC games they are big about keeping the tempo at a slow pace. As they only scored 34 @ LA, that may have been their game plan then. Obviously it didn't work and if they try it tomorrow night it will NOT work again. LA wins this one easily, but not as bad as it was at Livingston.

LA 67

JC 45

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well, I missed this one a little. I figured a blowout, but I underestimated how big of a blowout. I'll try to do better for Smith Co.

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I missed this one a little. I figured a blowout, but I underestimated how big of a blowout. I'll try to do better for Smith Co.

The lack of interest in this thread really shows when you have to reply to your own posts! Seems to me that more people would be interested in a team ranked #6 in the state in AA who,with a little luck,could be looking at a state championship! What does it take to get people interested?

NO MERCY! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The lack of interest in this thread really shows when you have to reply to your own posts! Seems to me that more people would be interested in a team ranked #6 in the state in AA who,with a little luck,could be looking at a state championship! What does it take to get people interested?

NO MERCY! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think folks are waiting to see your Smith Co./LA prediction. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think folks are waiting to see your Smith Co./LA prediction. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

OK! Let's see!

B-Gum seems to be the Jimmy the Greek of LA games, but I'll give it a shot.

After the whipping we put on SC in Livingston, I'm guessing they may be a little more prepared for this one. LA still should be dominate so I'll say LA-73 SC-49.

I wonder why there is no interest, too. But, who knows. The faithful will believe and the skeptics, well, will skept. HA! This team has dropped off in performance, but I believe after the York game, things are close to being back to where they should be. The team is 23-2, and if everyone wants to let them fly under the radar, so be it. Good luck.

Every good team has its peaks and valleys. There was a slight distraction for a while. That distraction is now out of the way. A few fans may be worried that they haven't been performing up to their (the fans) expectations but this TEAM is going to peak just right. You can see them improving every game.------Sometimes you have to get shocked back into reality to get better. I think that happened at Baxter.----- I don't know about everyone else, but I can still see that 'gold ball' in the display case! GO H-O-G-E-Y-E /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> P.S. It's a little hard to predict a score when the point spread could have been 60 or70 instead of 30.

I wonder why there is no interest, too. But, who knows. The faithful will believe and the skeptics, well, will skept. HA! This team has dropped off in performance, but I believe after the York game, things are close to being back to where they should be. The team is 23-2, and if everyone wants to let them fly under the radar, so be it. Good luck.

Dropped off in performance? Okay. LA didn't even look like themselves against Upperman. I think everyone agrees with that. Herald citezen said Upperman shot 60% to LA's 30%. Before that Upperman beat LA once since this senior class has been at LA and lost the last 4 to LA.

Dropped off in performance? On the season LA averages 74 points. Since the loss the average 79 points a game. Since the loss they average winning by 26 points ppoints.

Everyone has a bad game and Upperman probably is as good as several top 10 teams. LA has lost to teams with records of 21-3 and 19-4. They just need to realize they are gonna have to dig in and work for everything. And they will.

OK! Let's see!

B-Gum seems to be the Jimmy the Greek of LA games, but I'll give it a shot.

After the whipping we put on SC in Livingston, I'm guessing they may be a little more prepared for this one. LA still should be dominate so I'll say LA-73 SC-49.

Cat, you need to stick to your private enterprising because your prediction isn't closte. 82-33 @ Livingston. I will agree that I don't think it will be that bad this time, but the margin of victory 24? I've taught you better. Smith Co. is a pretty bad basketball team (4-19) so JtG of LA games says:

LA 81

SC 45

Cat, you need to stick to your private enterprising because your prediction isn't closte. 82-33 @ Livingston. I will agree that I don't think it will be that bad this time, but the margin of victory 24? I've taught you better. Smith Co. is a pretty bad basketball team (4-19) so JtG of LA games says:

LA 81

SC 45

Closte? Is that French-clos-te'?

You never know--we may have awakened a sleeping owl when we beat these guys by 49 a few weeks ago!

LA is a very good team and beat a young but improving JC team pretty soundly tuesday night. I do have one question though, they had a kid come off the bench with the last name of Smith i think they said his first name or initials are TJ? maybe or DJ? To me he was the best player on LA's team, and yeah i know about the Dunn kidd but this kid is very solid, played shutdown defense and hit like 5 or 6 3's, so why does he not start? He may be a freshman and if thats the case then LA's future is VERY bright and if he is then i can see why the upper classmen are playing ahead of him but if he isn't i'm just curious if the LA faithfull have any insight as to why this kid is benching it? Either way LA is my pick to win the region and represent the UC in the AA State tourney this year and i for one hope they go all the way to the gold ball and erase the memory of the giant egg they laid last year!