Hillsboro Next Football Season

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you think they will do?

Waaay too early to give an accurate assessment in my opinion. New district makes predicting wins in advance virtually impossible.

Many starters are graduating at WR, RB, on both of the lines and in the defensive secondary. However, Greg Young will be back at QB, Cody Blihovde will be back at S and WR, Aaron Bryant and Terrell Hamilton at LB. Just need youngsters from that undefeated 2007 Freshman team that will be Juniors next year to step up and realize their potential and HHS should do fine.

I don't know about a third State Championship or anything as the dust is just now beginning to settle on this past season and national signing day is still about a month away. However, it will be fantastic to view either way as the new districts will make the regular season VERY exciting starting next year.

theres talk about Cody Blihovde being a RB, I think he'd be a great RB he's a fast and very tough kid. The defense will be fine the only thing they will need to figure out is who will be a primary WR. someone at that position will absolutly have to step up. personally I think Cody will be a better WR then RB but cant go wrong at either one.

One thing that the Burros will have to contend with is the region they are now assigned to. They will be teeing it up against the WillCo squads week-in-and-out, which means your "bye" weeks where you just showed up and steam rolled someone will have to come from your out of region games. A steady diet of Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Indy, and Centennial will challenge you weekly to be at your peak.

Crowds will be bigger, squads will be deeper, particularly in special teams. You'll get your share of victories, but that is a daunting gauntlet to survive physically and emotionally. You probably will end up losing more regular season games than you've become accustomed to, but come playoff time- you'll be very battle-tested which will serve you in the long run.

It will help you (this new region alignment) and you'll be very competitive, but it will come at a price.

One thing that the Burros will have to contend with is the region they are now assigned to. They will be teeing it up against the WillCo squads week-in-and-out, which means your "bye" weeks where you just showed up and steam rolled someone will have to come from your out of region games. A steady diet of Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Indy, and Centennial will challenge you weekly to be at your peak.

Crowds will be bigger, squads will be deeper, particularly in special teams. You'll get your share of victories, but that is a daunting gauntlet to survive physically and emotionally. You probably will end up losing more regular season games than you've become accustomed to, but come playoff time- you'll be very battle-tested which will serve you in the long run.

It will help you (this new region alignment) and you'll be very competitive, but it will come at a price.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but that's all very obvious information to me.

I hope you aren't implying that HHS is getting in over its it head or anything. HHS will be far better in the long run by playing football in their traditional district 11-AAA. Gates will be better, competition will be tougher, HHS will become even better because of it. I don't see any single team dominating this district and if one does they will have to be a VERY good football team. It will be the TSSAA's version of SEC football.

Like I have said before, the 5A playoffs will likely seem to be child's play for HHS when compared to their looming regular season schedule. HHS is looking forward to having the best football program they can possibly have. I don't see anything but positives all the way around. I'm pumped for it and it's only January!

Yes, it is obvious information, but information that needs to be interjected into any discussion of Hillsboro's prospects for the coming year. It is probably the biggest change the Burro's will face coming into the next season.

As you probably know, (but some newbies don't) the old Region 6-5A has been for over a decade one of the two strongest 5-A regions in the state. With the rare exception, one of its teams has been in the state final. Adding the current 4A champion to the mix makes a tougher region even more so. But, IMO, it is less of a change to the now 6A teams when you add one strong program, then it will be to the now 5A program having to face the cream of 6A week in and out. Franklin and Brentwood, and most recently Ravenwood since its inception, have been the standard bearers for the last ten years. No one really runs away and hides, it is a war of attrition with many teams being separated by one tie-breaking defeat. However, in this new 11-AAA (which just might be THE toughest in the state), I don't see any fluff, and the teams who don't make the playoffs will be pretty stout.

Not again to restate the obvious, but it never hurts to make sure.

Yes, it is obvious information, but information that needs to be interjected into any discussion of Hillsboro's prospects for the coming year. It is probably the biggest change the Burro's will face coming into the next season.

As you probably know, (but some newbies don't) the old Region 6-5A has been for over a decade one of the two strongest 5-A regions in the state. With the rare exception, one of its teams has been in the state final. Adding the current 4A champion to the mix makes a tougher region even more so. But, IMO, it is less of a change to the now 6A teams when you add one strong program, then it will be to the now 5A program having to face the cream of 6A week in and out. Franklin and Brentwood, and most recently Ravenwood since its inception, have been the standard bearers for the last ten years. No one really runs away and hides, it is a war of attrition with many teams being separated by one tie-breaking defeat. However, in this new 11-AAA (which just might be THE toughest in the state), I don't see any fluff, and the teams who don't make the playoffs will be pretty stout.

Not again to restate the obvious, but it never hurts to make sure.

I don't know exactly how it will work because it is new, but my limited understanding is that one 5A and one 6A team will make the playoffs each year from 11-AAA. Being that only HHS and Centennial are the only 5A schools in 11-AAA, one of the two will make the playoffs each year. Thereby, leaving Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Independence competing for the 6A playoff spot.

If my understanding is correct, a team wouldn't necessarily have to win the District championship in order to make the playoffs. Actually, they wouldn't even have to finish in the top 2 in order to make the playoffs.

I forgot that Centennial was going to 5A. I don't know how this is all going to work out as far as who makes playoffs and not, beyond that the 5A and 6A teams will separate at this point within the district. One would have to assume the top team in each classification in 11-AAA will go, but beyond that I am not sure who else would be eligible, if anyone.

The point of the previous posts was, in the discussion of Hillsboro's prospects for 2009, it will be a different set of circumstances they'll face from anything they've faced in recent memory. In a matchup between Centennial and Hillsboro as to who is more likely to represent 11-AAA in the playoffs, I'll take the Burros going away. However, Hillsboro will be facing the toughest regular season schedule they've faced since the mid-90's, and that will either make them battle-tested- or out of gas- for the playoffs.

It is a classic argument in all sports; "what does a very tough regular seson schedule bring you when you hit the playoffs?"

Being a long-time follower of the Brentwood program, I do know that this upcoming season might have the toughest schedule in 6-A. Their out of district games are: Oakland, Smyrna, Gallatin, and Blackman. Add that to a district slate of: Hillsboro, Centennial, Ravenwood, Indy, and Franklin. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Waaay too early to give an accurate assessment in my opinion. New district makes predicting wins in advance virtually impossible.

Many starters are graduating at WR, RB, on both of the lines and in the defensive secondary. However, Greg Young will be back at QB, Cody Blihovde will be back at S and WR, Aaron Bryant and Terrell Hamilton at LB. Just need youngsters from that undefeated 2007 Freshman team that will be Juniors next year to step up and realize their potential and HHS should do fine.

I don't know about a third State Championship or anything as the dust is just now beginning to settle on this past season and national signing day is still about a month away. However, it will be fantastic to view either way as the new districts will make the regular season VERY exciting starting next year.

true true, everyone is leaving us, but we will still have a few starters back next year and when greg is back things are looking up. Knowing that this year WRers were watching last years couldnt hurt either

• 1 month later...