AP State Rankings released

trojanz1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rankings are about as good as wet toilet paper. The most of the voters only see their area of the state play and don't see the other teams. A few years ago McMinn Central was #1 for most of the year and they got blasted by Liberty at the state tournament. They should really do away with these things.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> While it is always great to see your team ranked I don't read too much into the rankings myself.

Rankings are about as good as wet toilet paper. The most of the voters only see their area of the state play and don't see the other teams. A few years ago McMinn Central was #1 for most of the year and they got blasted by Liberty at the state tournament. They should really do away with these things.

Yep. There's not anything too scientific about how they come up with these polls. I wouldn't put much stock in whose ahead of one or the other. CPA wasn't in the top 10 last year until right at playoff time and they were deserving all year. This year, they're getting props for what they did last year and a tough schedule. As long as we have a playoff system, the polls don't matter.

if u don't think they matter, which they Don't, then why do u look into it. I understand its stupid, because we beat Stewart Co. 27-6 and they were #10 in the state and we were ranked #26 most of the year, and we played them in the 3rd game of the season. some teams have cupcake schedule (Stewart Co.) and they are never any good when they play teams such as CPA or Lewis Co., I know i'm talking about football on a basketball forum, but i'm just giving a example. Good luck to every team in the district. GO STEELERS. Good Luck Waverly Tigers.