South Rebels-'09

muttandjeff

Yea,but that is the fun of speculation. It's just something more to talk about,but don't get too caught up in it. Look at Dobyns-Bennett's #1 rankings. What did they mean ? And that was the state media polls who are supposed to know. I think Waco is more accurate. At least he is 100% correct!

I just think it interesting that the program has been elevated to the status of pre-season favorites and deserving of statewide respect. How many head coaches in Tennessee have never failed to win a 1st round play-off game with a minimum of 5 years on the job! Har-rumph!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this game is the biggest game in south history, but if someway D.B. pulls out the upset of the decade ,please don't go home and beat your wife and kids. it is just a game , i remember a long long long time ago, walking across the track in aw of a good team. at death valley after south beat D.B. 30 -0 but that was the last time i had to take that walk, but if it happens again. according all the south fans the "greatest south time ever" will destroy D.B. i will take the walk and say we got beat by the south boys and not the "refs" or "our center got hurt" good luck to both teams

ET...in 2006 you had a state championship calibre' squad...should've gone all the way. I don't recall a bad refereed game between South and DB...ever. In 2006 it was a late spear (illegal) that ended my son's Sophmore year with a broken foot. The game was well in hand for DB at the point of the hit. But, I do recall 2 games in the past few years where DB was in a raging battle with the referees. One of those games was lost if I remember correctly. You are referencing to the South/Greenville playoff game of '08 and yes it was a TSSAA joke. 2 TD's called back due to flagrant calls one with 30 seconds remaining in regulation. And one TD given to Greeneville when in fact he was out of the endzone. Yes we were robbed. It happens. Ask Tom Taylor. In 2006 your defensive game plan was so devastating and with Stacy refusing to go to plan "B" we essentially had no hope from the beginning. Center or no Center. We were humbled and if I recall most of us admitted so. Stacy did some growing up that year. The fact is that the quality of officiating does affect us all at times and when affected drastically so we all light torches and burn crosses. In '04 we fought tooth, fang, and claw in the first round and lost fair and square. In '05 we lost to the last great Don Woods MoWest squad in round 3 and were fortunate to have lived to tell about it. In '06 we lost in round 2 to an inferior MoEast team due to overconfidence with an extremely talented group of gamers. In '07 we lost in round 4 to a very good Maryville team with hardly any penalties called. In '04 we called dirty pool because that's exactly what it was. So please...don't rub the '04 loss in because we don't go there with you. Everyone is sympathetic with extremely flagrant officiated games regardless of whether it is the Indians or the Rebels. It has happened to the both of us. You can say we are loud and obnoxious and we are. You can say we sometimes put the cart before the horse and maybe we do. But we don't cry about officiating unless it is so obvious that all can testify. Jack was all over the boards about the officiating in those games for DB...and I took his view as the gospel as I heard confirmation from many other friends who are Indians. So let the officiating thing lie because it is or has been a sore spot for us both. Granted, not very often but it happens. And I hope you put it on Farragut in week 0 as we hope to perform against Knox West. That would be Kingsport 2 Knoxville 0. A fine way to start the season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ET...in 2006 you had a state championship calibre' squad...should've gone all the way. I don't recall a bad refereed game between South and DB...ever. In 2006 it was a late spear (illegal) that ended my son's Sophmore year with a broken foot. The game was well in hand for DB at the point of the hit. But, I do recall 2 games in the past few years where DB was in a raging battle with the referees. One of those games was lost if I remember correctly. You are referencing to the South/Greenville playoff game of '08 and yes it was a TSSAA joke. 2 TD's called back due to flagrant calls one with 30 seconds remaining in regulation. And one TD given to Greeneville when in fact he was out of the endzone. Yes we were robbed. It happens. Ask Tom Taylor. In 2006 your defensive game plan was so devastating and with Stacy refusing to go to plan "B" we essentially had no hope from the beginning. Center or no Center. We were humbled and if I recall most of us admitted so. Stacy did some growing up that year. The fact is that the quality of officiating does affect us all at times and when affected drastically so we all light torches and burn crosses. In '04 we fought tooth, fang, and claw in the first round and lost fair and square. In '05 we lost to the last great Don Woods MoWest squad in round 3 and were fortunate to have lived to tell about it. In '06 we lost in round 2 to an inferior MoEast team due to overconfidence with an extremely talented group of gamers. In '07 we lost in round 4 to a very good Maryville team with hardly any penalties called. In '04 we called dirty pool because that's exactly what it was. So please...don't rub the '04 loss in because we don't go there with you. Everyone is sympathetic with extremely flagrant officiated games regardless of whether it is the Indians or the Rebels. It has happened to the both of us. You can say we are loud and obnoxious and we are. You can say we sometimes put the cart before the horse and maybe we do. But we don't cry about officiating unless it is so obvious that all can testify. Jack was all over the boards about the officiating in those games for DB...and I took his view as the gospel as I heard confirmation from many other friends who are Indians. So let the officiating thing lie because it is or has been a sore spot for us both. Granted, not very often but it happens. And I hope you put it on Farragut in week 0 as we hope to perform against Knox West. That would be Kingsport 2 Knoxville 0. A fine way to start the season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

that would be great, kingsport teams 2-0 against knoxville teams ,

Now that's what I''m talkin' 'bout! Kingsporters for Kingsport teams. You think Tornado fans and Red Rebel fans don't pull for one another outside the 1st week of the season? Alcoa and Maryville can get after one another now since they open the season with one another, but we don't play each other till week 6. Let's take Knoxville by storm and come out of there with a couple of victories for Kingsport and NET football that has been so beleagured on these threads. What say you Jack? You in or out? Roll Tribe Roll-Rebel Nation

Comp,am I reading this right? Do you think we lost a 1st round playoff game in '04 or are you referring to the D-B game?

Now that's what I''m talkin' 'bout! Kingsporters for Kingsport teams. You think Tornado fans and Red Rebel fans don't pull for one another outside the 1st week of the season? Alcoa and Maryville can get after one another now since they open the season with one another, but we don't play each other till week 6. Let's take Knoxville by storm and come out of there with a couple of victories for Kingsport and NET football that has been so beleagured on these threads. What say you Jack? You in or out? Roll Tribe Roll-Rebel Nation

I will never pull for South as long as they have those ugly helmets. Looks like a five year old painted those S's on with their moms lipstick. Fix the helmets and Im in. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

better education thats a joke, and by the way you are the one who started putting everindian player down . how about trying prozac i heard many of south fans are on it.

YOU...are a liar..not once did I single out anyone...and calling them the little indians is all in fun,I have alot of friends at DB and we poke fun at each other..so if you can't stand the heat(all in fun)stay out of the kitchen.And I don't think you have any friends at South...if you do name them. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

YOU...are a liar..not once did I single out anyone...and calling them the little indians is all in fun,I have alot of friends at DB and we poke fun at each other..so if you can't stand the heat(all in fun)stay out of the kitchen.And I don't think you have any friends at South...if you do name them. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

This is not really my fight, but if you have friends at DB, I'd like to see you name them. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I will never pull for South as long as they have those ugly helmets. Looks like a five year old painted those S's on with their moms lipstick. Fix the helmets and Im in. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sometimes soup beans is what you get and that's all you get. You don't always get cornbread. So be happy when you get soup beans and know when you get cornbread that you had a good day. So today we get soup beans. Maybe someday soon we will get soup beans and cornbread all at the same time. At least we get to eat. Jack...ju want jor conebread?

Comp,am I reading this right? Do you think we lost a 1st round playoff game in '04 or are you referring to the D-B game?

My bad. I knew we lost in the 2nd round. Sorry, don't know what I was thinking. 31-17 Bristol but that sure didn't tell the story. "Now take that...and that...and that...and for the 4th time take that! Now stay down there! Go on...git'!" Stacy talking to Stubbs for the past 4 years...

This is not really my fight, but if you have friends at DB, I'd like to see you name them. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Brad and Pam Sensabaugh,Stacy Hall,Tim Roop,Mike Ritz,Graham Clark,Ryan Wagner,Tom Williams,Patty and Lance Seabolt....I can name on and on and I believe you are Darren Harrell.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Brad and Pam Sensabaugh,Stacy Hall,Tim Roop,Mike Ritz,Graham Clark,Ryan Wagner,Tom Williams,Patty and Lance Seabolt....I can name on and on and I believe you are Darren Harrell.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You might be friends with them, but are they friends with you. If you can get any of them to come on here and claim you as a friend then I'll believe it. By the way, who is Brad Sensabaugh? I believe you are Junior Samples.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />