David Staff: Resigns Today From Sweetwater

MalcomXL

After four seasons as the top Chief of the "ONCE" mighty Wildcats, Coach David Staff resigns as the head football coach from Sweetwater. In four seasons, Coach Staff had two good years and two bad ones. In both of his good years, he was beat in the 3rd round and then 1st round of the playoffs by Alcoa. I would like to say thank you coach for your hard work and dedication even though at some points it was tough. I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide to do. With that said, who does everyone think the new coach will be? Will the administration hire from within, or will they go out? As the new region goes into effect this year, I would like to see a coach come in a get the Sweetwater "Fire" back and get these kids fired up about Sweetwater Football. I personally would like to see Mike Martin come home, but I doubt he would.....What's everyone elses thoughts?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After four seasons as the top Chief of the "ONCE" mighty Wildcats, Coach David Staff resigns as the head football coach from Sweetwater. In four seasons, Coach Staff had two good years and two bad ones. In both of his good years, he was beat in the 3rd round and then 1st round of the playoffs by Alcoa. I would like to say thank you coach for your hard work and dedication even though at some points it was tough. I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide to do. With that said, who does everyone think the new coach will be? Will the administration hire from within, or will they go out? As the new region goes into effect this year, I would like to see a coach come in a get the Sweetwater "Fire" back and get these kids fired up about Sweetwater Football. I personally would like to see Mike Martin come home, but I doubt he would.....What's everyone elses thoughts?

I have not keep up with the wildcats in some time but they use to be one of the best programs in East Tennessee. I remember when Coach Berrong won the back-to-back state championships in the early 70's and Coach Dupes won it in the 1990's. It was some awesome kids that played on those teams. I played against Sweetwater in 1982, when they had Sam Brown and the Cozart's. Sweetwater was the team that everyone strived to be like in those days. Does none of the present coaches, Allen, Boruff, Weaver, or Hawkins, not want the job? If I am not mistaken everyone of them played for the Wildcats. I am sure that they would have a vested interest in returning the program to what they once did on the gridiron. Good luck to the Wildcats, in the meantime get in the weightroom and get ready for 09!

Will Mike Lowrey along with Dean and Brenda Williams hire the new Sweetwater coach? You know Mike Lowrey said "HE" did the hiring. Dewitt should get VERY CONCERNED if Dean tells him that he is going to have nothing to do with hiring the football coach. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Maybe they will, they have done a great job so far.

Well the "off tackle" expert strikes again. Like minds( I know that is an oxymoron)(you will have to get someone to explain that to you, ask "foreal") think a like. Oh I forgot they read this and call you and tell you about it my bad.

anyway I hope you guys get a great coach. Coach Staff seemed like a great guy. I was trying to find some parts for a helment for a kid on game day and he returned my call real quick on a day I am sure that he had much to do.

Coach Weaver can't because he is the softball head coach . Coach Allen can't because he is the basketball head coach . Coach Boruff can't because he is the Freshman Academy principle. As for the other coaches I don't know. I don't know all of Sweetwaters Schedule next year but I do know there region games except for sequoyah but the others are Notre Dame , Mcminn Centrall , Polk County , and Meigs . I'm pretty sure .