Marion County @ Grundy County

hoopitup10

I don't think this is gonna be the blow out that most ppl say. I actually expect a barnburner, with Grundy winning by a bucket. Both teams will be hyped due to the names on the jerseys, not to mention most have played AAu ball together.

Marion has more top end talent but Grundy is deeper and has better coaching. Can Grundy control tempo? That's a big question.

I am most excited to see Sartain and Teddy go at it, great friends who played together in the same back court for so many years.

But anyway I predicted a split. And I am stickin by it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is gonna be the blow out that most ppl say. I actually expect a barnburner, with Grundy winning by a bucket. Both teams will be hyped due to the names on the jerseys, not to mention most have played AAu ball together.

Marion has more top end talent but Grundy is deeper and has better coaching. Can Grundy control tempo? That's a big question.

I am most excited to see Sartain and Teddy go at it, great friends who played together in the same back court for so many years.

It will be a very close game and Seq may win this one. But with ol Silkie coaching- MC might win by a land slide cause we all know he has taught a few of those players ...and one really can play the "D"

It will be a very close game and Seq may win this one. But with ol Silkie coaching- MC might win by a land slide cause we all know he has taught a few of those players ...and one really can play the "D"

That right there is fuuunnneee

.....Seq??? don't you mean Grundy.....

Grundy is always tough on the mountain, but I still don't see how you can say that Grundy has better coaching. If they have such a great coach, why don't they win more than 7 or 8 ballgames a year? Like I said, grundy usually always splits with Marion, so this would be the one to get if they were going to win one. Marion needs this victory in order to stay near the top of the standings, cant afford a slip up since they lost at home to howard. If Marion plays team ball they will win, and if Zeph gets caught up in playing one on one with his old mates, Marion will lose and quite possibly lose big.

I don't know if he's praising the Grundy coach as much as downing the Marion coach, for whatever reason.

Some people can coach little league and some can't. There is always that person who won some 5th grade ballgames or led their team to the jr. pro championship back in 2002. These people have a chip on their shoulder because of whatever reason, they do not have a degree, and can't coach. I like to call them wannabees, or "The Bobby Knights of Jr. Pro." I think Marion wins this one. It will be close, but Marion has too much talent. Marion can't let that one boy from Grundy get hot though, if they do, it could mean trouble.

I made this name so that I could post this. I hope I don't get in trouble. I wish Silkwall was a wanttobe because we miss him if he wanted to be on the sideline he would. most of our team reads the boards and we think he is the only one who knows what is going on the majority of the time. he is a great coach and is always there for us whenever we need him we all look up to him and i know a few marion players do to.

Grundy 68 Jasper 59

I made this name so that I could post this. I hope I don't get in trouble. I wish Silkwall was a wanttobe because we miss him if he wanted to be on the sideline he would. most of our team reads the boards and we think he is the only one who knows what is going on the majority of the time. he is a great coach and is always there for us whenever we need him we all look up to him and i know a few marion players do to.

Grundy 68 Jasper 59

Fact is there is personal beef b/w Marion's coach and Silkwall through a mutual wannabee that was a helper before the current coach got there. He axed this mutual wannabee and thats where the turmoil comes from. Kind of funny really. I don't agree with some of the things the coach does but......Newsflash............I'M NOT THE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like silkwall and thinks he's a dang good wannabee and would make a good coach for sure!! But he needs to put the work in before he runs out of time. I know he doesn't want to work in a factory all his life like I have!!!! As for the mutual wannabee.... I got two words DUH UH!

Please don't delete this one it is my last post on this topic I promise. I still think Marion wins this one with late free throws.