UNION CITY @ HUMBOLDT

BERNITHIA

mrbigster and legend, this reply is not a flame, but please tell me whats in the article that would make anyone think the players are "running their mouths" or "no other teams are in their way"? These are high school seniors first of all! Would you want the players on your perspective teams when interviewed to say "I dont think we can win" or "I'm not sure we can do it" come on lets get real! Look at what was said.

"We just have got a good attitude this year. We've got to take it," Humboldt senior Charles Taylor said. "We can't come home with nothing less than a state championship."

"We just feel like it's our time," Crayton said. "We can't go back. After this year, it's it.

Sorry, but that does not sound like arrogance at all! Nor did they say its a done deal, they are simply stating that the goal is to win the championship. Nothing more!

Just let them keep talking like its a done deal!!!! Manassas not thinking about state right now!!! they thinking about middle college who they play today!!!!

let them keep talking then get put out in the region and LC and UC move on!!!!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just let them keep talking like its a done deal!!!! Manassas not thinking about state right now!!! they thinking about middle college who they play today!!!!

let them keep talking then get put out in the region and LC and UC move on!!!!

Did somebody from Humboldt take your girl back in highschool or something? What is your deal?

I have not seen Humboldt yet!!!!!!!!!!!!! because I have no desire to watch them beat somebodies brains out......when Humboldt played Lake County I went and Watched the Memphis Tigers/Lamar...But, I have watched Humboldt at least three times every season for quite a few years........and Yes I have seen Manassas. Since my kids got out of school I only go watch competitive games only...for the most part. All smack aside....I like Manassas, Humboldt, and Lake County but in my honest opinion Humboldts schedule is so weak I think it could come back to haunt them.....The more games under pressure, in hostile enviorments, and under adverse coditions against tough competition the better a team will be come post season and in crunch time.....I think Humboldts schedule is sorely lacking quality competition (with the exception of Lake County) and there is no defense for playing such a weak schedule, especially if a team wants to be considered elite and mentioned in the same breath as Liberty and Bolivar. Bolivar and Liberty both would take this Humboldt team to the woodshed in my opinion.

I agree with the schedule being very weak for a contending team in single a. Very Different from the Union City team that was battle tested in the Popular Bluff Tournment and the battle of the state. But I have to disagree about either Bolivar or Liberty taking Humboldt to the woodshed. Humboldt is too talented to get beat bad in a big game this year. I think they have enough talent to stay with most teams in this area. I still think they would get beat by both but a little closer than the experts think.

By the way, I watch the Lake County and Fulton City match up yesterday and became very sick. What if Lake County still had Cody Taylor. My goodness he has picked up some added height and mussle to his frame since his freshman year at Lake County. I bet he is 6'5 or 6'6 and about 220 lbs. He could have really help us out this year. He had about six monster blocks against us. ohh well let me get back to the game. Lc controled the game throughout except for the first quarter when lc was behind by 1. But had very good second and third quarters to quickly build a 26 point lead at the end of three. Ended up winning by 14. Fulton City has some talented ball players, I know that Arron Wilson played for midstate this past summer. He has the size of a divison 1 player but his shot and the turnovers will cause him to play at a mid major program. If Fulton City had better coaching they would have a legit shot at making the Kentucky sweet sixteen this year.

That's new to me, I was told by relatives that he had injured his elbow again. Let's try to get this right before trash talking the kid.

I'm not trash talking him i was told by a fella who said he new him. But it is looks like surely he was very wrong! U were told by a relative a better source then thats fine i believe thats true! My bad wish him all the luck in the world! By the by Ole Miss is going to a force to contend with this fall!

I'm not trash talking him i was told by a fella who said he new him. But it is looks like surely he was very wrong! U were told by a relative a better source then thats fine i believe thats true! My bad wish him all the luck in the world! By the by Ole Miss is going to a force to contend with this fall!

Yeah, I understand - and we do all know EJ, but attitudes usually don't red shirt the kids, red shirting isn't really a punishment it's a " let's build this valuable future player"

It's funny how EJ developed this attitude late in high school - He used to live next door to me in his younger and humble days.

Yeah, I understand - and we do all know EJ, but attitudes usually don't red shirt the kids, red shirting isn't really a punishment it's a " let's build this valuable future player"

It's funny how EJ developed this attitude late in high school - He used to live next door to me in his younger and humble days.

I always like EJ. He play aau ball with mj and them. Never seen him with a attitude problem. He did what he was asked to. He played hard everytime he was on the court. But I don't know him like yall do.

I always like EJ. He play aau ball with mj and them. Never seen him with a attitude problem. He did what he was asked to. He played hard everytime he was on the court. But I don't know him like yall do.

He never showed me attitude, just heard from some freshmen, and sophomores - you know that type of treatment that upperclassmen dish out. It was funny to hear after seeing him as a kid.

He never showed me attitude, just heard from some freshmen, and sophomores - you know that type of treatment that upperclassmen dish out. It was funny to hear after seeing him as a kid.

thats right HB guys talk about one of your own when he is gone!!!!!! thats why the team is messed up they got people like yall in there face all the time!!! soon as one mess up oh.....he was a bad kid!!!

thats right HB guys talk about one of your own when he is gone!!!!!! thats why the team is messed up they got people like yall in there face all the time!!! soon as one mess up oh.....he was a bad kid!!!

Legend you've lost your mind, and he hasn't messed up. He's not a bad kid and get off on something else. Can't breath anything into this one. Love him like a play cousin - find something else cause "you gets nothing here".

Find something else to cry about like that Whipping Humboldt / Lake Co are going to put on you.

Go 14A put it to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend you've lost your mind, and he hasn't messed up. He's not a bad kid and get off on something else. Can't breath anything into this one. Love him like a play cousin - find something else cause "you gets nothing here".

Find something else to cry about like that Whipping Humboldt / Lake Co are going to put on you.

Go 14A put it to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt say anything about the kid!!! HB people are talking bad about the kid its a shame yall do your own kids like that!!!!

I am friends with EJ and talk to him through texting and whenever he comes home. He red-shirted because of injuries and he was not going to get much playing time this past season because he was 3rd string TE. EJ is a great friend, person, and competitor. Now, back to basketball, this topic is for UC and Humboldt. The next time we'll meet up will be in District. Talk about that.