UNION CITY @ HUMBOLDT

BERNITHIA

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right..I wouldn't expect any players to say I don't think we can win it all..But maybe could have used the words..Hopefully we'll come home with the State championship.. instead of ,We can't come home with nothing less..there's a lot of very good teams there that will be as good and thinking the same thing ..And a lot of them are seniors as well !

I actually like Humboldt's chances..As good as maybe about 5 or 6 more schools...I still feel like Manassas is the team to beat !

That was the 2nd time Crayton has spoke in the Jackson Sun.

Jan. 4th Jackson Sun (after the Lake County game)

Crayton...."We are not coming back with anything less than a State Championship" Crayton has more or less gauranteed Humboldt is going to win the State.

just tell taylor to keep running his lip in the jackson sun!!!!! and it looks like HB is a better choker than Manassas!!!! lol!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What do you expect the kid to say, "I just want to win (10) ten games & end my senior year"!! If, you ask any High School kid that plays sport what is there goal & all of them would tell you they want to win a state Championship, as would any college or professional athlete!!!!! It's about setting goals, whether you make them are not, you always want to achieve the highest standard in whatever you do!!!!

Tevin and Charles are simply stating that it is their goal to win state this year. If Humboldt doesn't win state, then this year is a failure. Everyone is just reading too much into it. These 2 players are the leaders of this team and plan on leading them to a State Championship. No one wants to hear their leader say that they "hope they win." I'd rather hear my captain tell me that we are going to go and win the State Championship and nothing less is acceptable. I'm sure that the rest of the state has the exact same goals, but they have not been quoted in a newspaper saying that or posted on a chat board.

"Attitude reflects leadership, captain." -Julius Campbell (Remember the Titans)

That was the 2nd time Crayton has spoke in the Jackson Sun.

Jan. 4th Jackson Sun (after the Lake County game)

Crayton...."We are not coming back with anything less than a State Championship" Crayton has more or less gauranteed Humboldt is going to win the State.

Yankee, do you suggest he not speak to the media? He's not contacting them for a one on one. I'm sure the reporter tries to interview one of the top players from a particular game. Not sure how old you guys are, but your making something really big out of a simple statement. You have a HIGH SCHOOL senior making a statement about their teams goals. They have been here 3 times in the last 4 yrs with nothing to show! Come on man! They are not disrespecting anyone!

Charles is one of the nicest most soft spoken kids I know, and he's hyped up.

Now if the story went:

I don't think we are good enough to compete, this is a terrible group of kids we have, we shouldn't win a game.

We wouldn't be able to blog.

Some onesssssssssssssssss think Humboldt is very tallented because according to all of you the moon and the stars have to line up correctly for us to lose.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VIKINGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Yeah Yeah /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yankee, do you suggest he not speak to the media? He's not contacting them for a one on one. I'm sure the reporter tries to interview one of the top players from a particular game. Not sure how old you guys are, but your making something really big out of a simple statement. You have a HIGH SCHOOL senior making a statement about their teams goals. They have been here 3 times in the last 4 yrs with nothing to show! Come on man! They are not disrespecting anyone!

I don't take issue with any player guaranteeing a State Championship. Actually I kinda like it...makes for a much more interesting matchup (if it happens). Contrary to what some may think I don't dislike any team...I just state my opinion.

There is a big difference between a player on a high school team being quoted in newspaper and someone talking up a team on a web-site....

I don't have any problem with a kid having confidence.....I do have a problem with a high school teenager talking to a newspaper....You keep putting that tape player in a kid's mouth and they will eventually put their foot in it....The coach should step up and tell Matthew Borenstein to keep away from his kids....If he wants comments go to the adult....

Our local newspaper doesn't get quotes from players....It's seems to work here...