UNION CITY @ HUMBOLDT

BERNITHIA

Free throw shooting was horendous. Humboldt came out lackadaisically at the beginning of the 2nd half and didn't really pick back up the intensity until late in the 3rd. Tevin had a great game, but we didn't play as many of our bench as I thought we would. Jarvis, Joseph, and Rashad (starter) didn't play much. If anybody was wondering what happened to Tevin at the end of the game, he just got a cramp. I saw them stretching him out beside the bleachers so no worry. If Clemson was there, this was the best game for him to be at to see how athletic Tevin is. Charles had an all right game, but not as good as Tevin.

If, charles ever gets the killer attitude like Tevin he would be a big time college recruit. He has all the tools to be a star at the next level but he has to want it. There's no one that can match up with his abilities in the region or maybe the state but Tevin. And when both of them decide that they can't be stop and always play with a attitude then the sky is the limit for Humboldt! I knew this would be a great game because Humboldt is not going to blow good teams out every night there are going to be some games( Lake co. & UC) that will be close but a good team will always find a way to win.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crayton had 35 and Taylor had 22. They shot only 17/32 at the line must improve have to hit your freebies! They have the players but they best get better on D u know as well as i Simpson kill them inside of the dribble! UC has improved but 79 is to many to give up with size they have! TB better learn when to call a timeout he scares me he waits to long sometimes! Good luck the rest of the year i hope they can go all the way!

If, TB figures out which defense works with certain teams & when to sub, Humboldt would wear teams out with their depth. Also, if Charles & Tevin play like this every night there's not to many teams that would be able to play with them. I agree, Humboldt gave up to many points but like I stated in a previous post that they are going to have some games were they don't play as good,( defense or Offense)but a win is a win.

1190 carried the game and on the way home i listened to the stats. By the way i have not seen any UC fans post! Free throws killed HBT bad Campbell had 14 and Dunbar was 1/8 at th line he had 9 in the game! They got to work on them in a big game it is going to kill them!

Oh okay. Well that was the best game i've seen Crayton play!He has the total package inside,outside,defense,rebounding etc. and it was on display tonight!

If, TB figures out which defense works with certain teams & when to sub, Humboldt would wear teams out with their depth. Also, if Charles & Tevin play like this every night there's not to many teams that would be able to play with them. I agree, Humboldt gave up to many points but like I stated in a previous post that they are going to have some games were they don't play as good,( defense or Offense)but a win is a win.

That is what i don't understand TB has been coaching for a long time. He plays UC/LC 3 to 4 times a year he should know what works and what don't! He has the 5 non starters who could start for any other coach. He should not have any trouble wearing down teams! U are right it will be games like this and they need to be tested. Taylor better get the kick butt attitude that Crayton has they will need it in the near future! They must have the killer instict to be a champ! Have LC the 30th there must play better D! GOOD LUCK!

Congrats to the Vikings....

Haven't heard a word about the game and by reading these posts still haven't....Just know the score....

If UC improves as much from the first game(82-56) to this game(92-79), I guess the next game will go to Overtime....

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That is what i don't understand TB has been coaching for a long time. He plays UC/LC 3 to 4 times a year he should know what works and what don't! He has the 5 non starters who could start for any other coach. He should not have any trouble wearing down teams! U are right it will be games like this and they need to be tested. Taylor better get the kick butt attitude that Crayton has they will need it in the near future! They must have the killer instict to be a champ! Have LC the 30th there must play better D! GOOD LUCK!

Yeah that's gonna be a heck of a game! Probably another packed out house too.Humboldt needs to full court man LC not trap they are too smart & quick for it!It leads to 3 on 1 's down the court and LC will finish if they get the chance.If Crayton & Taylor plays like they did tonight I think Humboldt can pull out the W but they'll need more help from Wade,Porter,Campbell,and Dunbar.

Oh okay. Well that was the best game i've seen Crayton play!He has the total package inside,outside,defense,rebounding etc. and it was on display tonight!

Crayton is the total package, Taylor can be the total package he must get the kick A attitude Crayton has! They are a great combo Taylor can be unstopable when he decides to kick butt! Must get that to become a champ and to go College ball! I hope he does they will need him down the stretch!

Congrats to the Vikings....

Haven't heard a word about the game and by reading these posts still haven't....Just know the score....

If UC improves as much from the first game(82-56) to this game(92-79), I guess the next game will go to Overtime....

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well, I'd say this is about as close as Union City can get to Humboldt this year....Marshall and Simpson were unconscious all night and those guys really kept UC in the game...Crayton had a career night with 35 points including 3 or 4 "and 1's", a monster dunk on a fast break, and a half court shot at the third quarter buzzer to answer a basket by Simpson with about 5 seconds left...He also shot well from behind the arc but didn't shoot it too much because he was having so much success going to the basket...Taylor had 22 points and played well on both ends of the court...He shot the ball well and had a big time dunk on a baseline drive that brought the crowd to their feet...Campbell had 14 and probably had 10 of them in the first quarter alone...He also had a breakaway slam on a steal...

Missing 15 free throws won't get it done against the likes of Lake Co and Manassas...We've got to knock those down and play better on the defensive end...

One thing I was happy to see was the pick and roll!! I've been waiting to see it all season and the Vikings finally went to it in this game...Taylor and Crayton were playing the two man game in the half court set and were having a lot of success with it...If these two guys keep this up and the other guys continue to contribute, this team is going to be extremely hard to beat...