UNION CITY @ HUMBOLDT

BERNITHIA

This game may be as bad as it was the first time, but coaching may step in if it's close. Humboldt better have there T's crossed and their i's dotted. The boys are hyped for it.

U are right but at home they should be in good shape. But Sisco is a good coach if u like him or not! TB just needs to learn when to call a timeout! I can't think of many people who does like Sisco except UC folks! Should be a good one and a pack house! Do u think the girls will rebound from that tough loss friday night?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all are absolutely right about Shane Sisco. You either love him or you hate him.

I remember when Shane played basketball for his dad at Kenton. He didnt lack confidence then, he liked all that flashy showboat stuff then and noone except Kenton liked him then. I remember him at Gleason. He looked and acted like a little banny rooster, he'd kick the bench and rant and rave, get technicals but he finally won the Jr. High Boys County Championship against Martin which hasnt happened many times at Gleason. The next year he got a great opportunity to coach at Union City.

Union City loves him now, they werent real sure that they loved him his first few years that he was at Union City but a few Gold Balls can make people love you. He's had a good teacher in his Dad and he wouldnt be half the man he is today if not for his Dad. Thank goodness for Shane that Dad has been sitting right next to him on the bench for the last few years. He's still the same little guy that I remember playing basketball back 30 years ago. Today he will rant and rave, kick the bench, intimidate the officials, scream and holler or do whatever it takes to win a basketball game. I dont like all the antics and some of his gamesmanship either but I will have to say the man can coach.

I didn't think I'd ever say that.

I remember him playing in Kenton as well....my question is.. How would Shane do coaching without Marty sitting beside him???? NOT trying to start a war....honestly just curious.

eeeeeeeasy big feller, eeeeeeeasy.....I see some veins...... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Everyone know that union city puts everthing on the table when it comes down to tournament play so lake county and humboldt remember that regular season doesnt put you on top with a very good record you gotta maintain that and get past union city with the hard fights that they will give you come tournament time.......

Everyone know that union city puts everthing on the table when it comes down to tournament play so lake county and humboldt remember that regular season doesnt put you on top with a very good record you gotta maintain that and get past union city with the hard fights that they will give you come tournament time.......

What Humboldt has is talent, pure talent, If we get the coaches on our side it will be easy sailing.

I THINK THE VIKINGS WILL WIN BY 10

I think that the way union city played against lake county they have increased alot but coming off a lost will keep union city in the game tuesday night and also i think union city has an advantage of taking care of business and winning 88-84 if they play like they did against LC because Lake county missed many open layups that kept them from winning the game so i believe union city will win this one......

What Humboldt has is talent, pure talent, If we get the coaches on our side it will be easy sailing.

We dont want to talk about coaches in this one because the union city coach is the best in rural tennessee so that will put union city on a roll which they havent just did but 2009 is a new season so remember union city is going to play the best in 1a class and take many more wins and also win against humboldt on tuesday night so get ready for your first loss of the season dont try to be like union city when you dont have the talent to go underfeated your loss is coming soon sorry just want work out for you viking fans hahaha......dont be to sad when u see your first loss its going to hurt ya.....

I think that the way union city played against lake county they have increased alot but coming off a lost will keep union city in the game tuesday night and also i think union city has an advantage of taking care of business and winning 88-84 if they play like they did against LC because Lake county missed many open layups that kept them from winning the game so i believe union city will win this one......

i couldn't disagree more...

i dont see them getting anywhere near 80+

unless they're hot from the 3-point

which is possible because they usually shoot well in our gym

but this game will depend on how they shoot from behind the arc

if they shoot well i still don't think they can win

but i think it could be a closer game

maybe Humboldt by 5

but only if we play as bad as we did against lake county

if we play like were capable of

and don't give them free lay-ups over our press

then we will win by 15 easy

Not sure I'm reading your post right..Saying Lake Co missed a lot of layups that kept them from winning...but yet you're picking Union City to beat Humboldt...But you're right..Lake Co missed a lot of layups..had they just went up and shot the layups instead of making a layup look likea circus shot ! Plus..Humboldt won't be missing layups..they'll all be dunking!Had Avery played the whol e game..I believe Lake Co would have won by double digits..I'm going with Humboldt in this game..by 16 points..

We dont want to talk about coaches in this one because the union city coach is the best in rural tennessee so that will put union city on a roll which they havent just did but 2009 is a new season so remember union city is going to play the best in 1a class and take many more wins and also win against humboldt on tuesday night so get ready for your first loss of the season dont try to be like union city when you dont have the talent to go underfeated your loss is coming soon sorry just want work out for you viking fans hahaha......dont be to sad when u see your first loss its going to hurt ya.....

You think Shane Sisco is better than Rudesill, McCord, and Dexter Williams? These other guys don't have to have Daddy sitting beside them to pass on strategy and advice.....They have made their mark on their own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think Shane Sisco is the best coach in rural West TN......However, the old man is a Legend!!!!!!!!! Noone would argue that!!!!!!!!!

You think Shane Sisco is better than Rudesill, McCord, and Dexter Williams? These other guys don't have to have Daddy sitting beside them to pass on strategy and advice.....They have made their mark on their own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think Shane Sisco is the best coach in rural West TN......However, the old man is a Legend!!!!!!!!! Noone would argue that!!!!!!!!!

HA HA HA!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yankee, you dont pull no punches. Your right about Daddy.