UNION CITY @ HUMBOLDT

BERNITHIA

I'd say this....If Sisco Jr came to Humboldt and you played UC with Sisco Sr..I would have to take Sisco Jr by 20 points....

This Humboldt team SHOULD beat EVERYONE in the district....

I will also say this...After seeing Humboldt multiple times over the years, the Sisco's would have their work cut out for them to get the Viking players to perform under any kind of disciplined system....

I don't know about if the sisco jr went to humboldt if they would win by 20 to a Sisco Sr. uc coached team. I still believe that sisco sr. is the master mind to the union city championchips.

I've got to talk to Sisco sr. personally and left impressed with his knowledge and demeanor. I can tell that he is just a wizz when it comes to coaching. To tell you the truth he is the reason that uc has had the two chip in single a. I don't know if shane had to do it by himself that uc could win one with him as head coach. Plus some of his former players really don't like the man. I know one player that said that he held his team back with the system he played with. He never scored above 30 in a game in high school. But when he got to college he blew up scoring well over 20 a game every game.

I know talking to coach witby that he thinks a lot of marty. And after talking to him i have the same respect for the man.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about if the sisco jr went to humboldt if they would win by 20 to a Sisco Sr. uc coached team. I still believe that sisco sr. is the master mind to the union city championchips.

I've got to talk to Sisco sr. personally and left impressed with his knowledge and demeanor. I can tell that he is just a wizz when it comes to coaching. To tell you the truth he is the reason that uc has had the two chip in single a. I don't know if shane had to do it by himself that uc could win one with him as head coach. Plus some of his former players really don't like the man. I know one player that said that he held his team back with the system he played with. He never scored above 30 in a game in high school. But when he got to college he blew up scoring well over 20 a game every game.

I know talking to coach witby that he thinks a lot of marty. And after talking to him i have the same respect for the man.

Marty is a master...But don't sell Shane short though...

If Marty didn't have a full-time job outside of coaching I might give some credance to your post....I do know this...My son played a whole summer and up to Thanksgiving of last year at UC before transferring to OC....During the summer camps he didn't see Marty once.....Someone closer to the program would have to help with the fact of whether or not Marty even attends many practices...Again, considering he is a para-professional and his full-time job takes up most of his time...

I'm not going to be so naive to say that having Marty as a dad hasn't been beneficial to Shane..I'm sure it has....But the nuts and bolts work...The day-to-day work with the team is done by Shane....And to add to that, two coaches systems couldn't be any more different...Marty didn't run and gun at Union City....His teams were halfcourt offensive teams that relied on ball movement and rebounding and were very strong defensively in the halfcourt and if memory serves they didn't press all the time....

I wonder when this player you mentioned played at Union City...The last four years I haven't seen anyone held back under his system...

BTW ...You will always have a disgruntled former player or two if you coach long enough....

I'd say this....If Sisco Jr came to Humboldt and you played UC with Sisco Sr..I would have to take Sisco Jr by 20 points....

This Humboldt team SHOULD beat EVERYONE in the district....

I will also say this...After seeing Humboldt multiple times over the years, the Sisco's would have their work cut out for them to get the Viking players to perform under any kind of disciplined system....

Don't know if you realize or not: this team is not of the past, this team is different - attitudes have changed - this is a much more disciplined team - we don't need the help of Sisco.

Say we win with Thomas Ray by 20pts.

i couldn't disagree more...

i dont see them getting anywhere near 80+

unless they're hot from the 3-point

which is possible because they usually shoot well in our gym

but this game will depend on how they shoot from behind the arc

if they shoot well i still don't think they can win

but i think it could be a closer game

maybe Humboldt by 5

but only if we play as bad as we did against lake county

if we play like were capable of

and don't give them free lay-ups over our press

then we will win by 15 easy

Let me say this Humboldt must stay focused and not worry about the game they will play later on. That has always been thier trouble even a long time before TB was coaching. I have seen over the past 40 years or so seen some good Humboldt teams not stay on thier game. Players such as Pack, Gaines, Webb and so on Humboldt should have a trophy case full of gold balls. They always have great talent just stay focused one game at a time. Like u say if they are on thier game it should be a big win for them!!!

Hey Humboldt58, just what is the status on Charles Taylor??

What's wrong with taylor and union city will beat humboldt even when they have taylor hahaha......sorry to tell you that but i think the final score will be 88-82

Hey Humboldt58, just what is the status on Charles Taylor??

What's wrong with taylor and union city will beat humboldt even when they have taylor hahaha......sorry to tell you that but i think the final score will be 88-82

Wade will be good to go tonight...they poped it back into place and taped it,he's all good and 100% for tonight!

And to you people who say UC will beat Humboldt....tell me just how you figure that when humboldt went into the thunderdome being 10pt underdogs and came out with a 26pt victory!Last time I checked UC didn't just sign Kobe to come play with them tonight now did they???!! lol /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Wade will be good to go tonight...they poped it back into place and taped it,he's all good and 100% for tonight!

And to you people who say UC will beat Humboldt....tell me just how you figure that when humboldt went into the thunderdome being 10pt underdogs and came out with a 26pt victory!Last time I checked UC didn't just sign Kobe to come play with them tonight now did they???!! lol /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I hope Humboldt's team thinks like you...lol.......Don't sell Union City short......Union City is still Union City......There was no way that team was a 10 point underdogs going into the Thunderdome....I think Shane and Marty will have the boys ready to go, and this game will be closer than everybody expects.....

Good luck to the Tornadoes!!

Humboldt by far does have the best team u and i know as well that the sports media and everyone else in the surrounduing areas does not like HBT! It has been that way years and years especially the Jackson Sun! Don't wan't to make no one mad Milan gets all the media in Gibson county and have so for a long time. Especially FB season! But HBT just kept your focus and u will be ok and come out with a big win GO HBT!!!!!

I hope Humboldt's team thinks like you...lol.......Don't sell Union City short......Union City is still Union City......There was no way that team was a 10 point underdogs going into the Thunderdome....I think Shane and Marty will have the boys ready to go, and this game will be closer than everybody expects.....

I can't imagine Humboldt not getting up for this game...Union City has been our biggest basketball rivalry for 4 years strong now so you won't have to worry about the Vikings "overlooking" Union City...

I'll stay with 90-76 Humboldt but it wouldn't surprise me if it were a little closer...

HA ha ha dude! your lame and know nothing about Humboldt .... so speak what you know!Humboldt is ALWAYS ready for UC and yes! Humboldt was a 10pt underdog everyone was taking UC by about 10pts. but that was early in the year before they'd lost 7 games! So like i say speak what you know and obviously you know nothing about Humboldt basketball. "treefitty" here's a tip....why don't you just ball right on outta this thread!

I'll say Humboldt 88 UC 68.