UNION CITY @ HUMBOLDT

BERNITHIA

Union City is much improved since Humboldt beat them by 26 at Union City. Let's go with Humboldt by 25 this time. This is so much fun. I never thought I'd see Union City lose by 26 on their home court to a Class A team. WoW!

This post here is precious...Let's put it in the CoachT Hall of Fame of Precious Posts....

To everyone that reads this post or anyone who has EVER read a post on CoachT...This is the same poster who has NEVER recognized either one of these two teams as 1A schools.......This poster has belly-ached about Humboldt and Union City being the big ole bad bullies coming down to 1A and beating all the small schools in the area....So VERY funny....

Greenfieldfan..You can't have it both ways....You can't put these two teams down for five years for being too big for little ole 1A and then start saying you thought you'd never see a Union City lose on their home court by so and so points to a 1A team because anyone who is a veteran of CoachT will know, you consider the Vikings and Tornadoes as 2A programs....

Let's just put it this way...UC plays with the big boys and every once in awhile a big boy will punch you in the mouth....That's what happens when you play with the big boys..These other big boy teams have been punched in the mouth quite a few times more than UC has....Punch them now..Hit them hard..But remember this....Union City is one of the premier programs in the state with a couple of premier coaches on the bench...One of the traits of the Siscos is the use of the regular season to get ready for the tournament season.....I don't think there is much doubt that Union City will be playing in that regional semi-final...You give me Shane and Marty Sisco with one game to make sub-state and I'll take that every time....

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post here is precious...Let's put it in the CoachT Hall of Fame of Precious Posts....

To everyone that reads this post or anyone who has EVER read a post on CoachT...This is the same poster who has NEVER recognized either one of these two teams as 1A schools.......This poster has belly-ached about Humboldt and Union City being the big ole bad bullies coming down to 1A and beating all the small schools in the area....So VERY funny....

Greenfieldfan..You can't have it both ways....You can't put these two teams down for five years for being too big for little ole 1A and then start saying you thought you'd never see a Union City lose on their home court by so and so points to a 1A team because anyone who is a veteran of CoachT will know, you consider the Vikings and Tornadoes as 2A programs....

Let's just put it this way...UC plays with the big boys and every once in awhile a big boy will punch you in the mouth....That's what happens when you play with the big boys..These other big boy teams have been punched in the mouth quite a few times more than UC has....Punch them now..Hit them hard..But remember this....Union City is one of the premier programs in the state with a couple of premier coaches on the bench...One of the traits of the Siscos is the use of the regular season to get ready for the tournament season.....I don't think there is much doubt that Union City will be playing in that regional semi-final...You give me Shane and Marty Sisco with one game to make sub-state and I'll take that every time....

eeeeeeeasy big feller, eeeeeeeasy.....I see some veins...... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Humboldt wins this one by 16...Charles is still Questionable for the game I believe. UC went 4 of 38 from behind the arc last time we played each other. DOUBT that happens again, just simply because I'm sure this team has matured throughout the year and whenever they realize that they aren't hitting from behind the arc, the best way to get started is to drive and go to the foul line. I hope Humboldt wins bigger than 16 in this one, but I don't see it happening.

Humboldt wins this one by 16...Charles is still Questionable for the game I believe. UC went 4 of 38 from behind the arc last time we played each other. DOUBT that happens again, just simply because I'm sure this team has matured throughout the year and whenever they realize that they aren't hitting from behind the arc, the best way to get started is to drive and go to the foul line. I hope Humboldt wins bigger than 16 in this one, but I don't see it happening.

I'm kind of worried about this one to be honest...Union City shoots well in our gym (could just be they shoot well in any gym) and with all the distractions and number 1 AP poll ranking recently coming out I could see a much closer game than most will expect...

But then again, if Taylor's first game back is against UC, Humboldt may come out of the gates looking to pour it on...I'm sure the guys will play a little harder knowing he's back on the court after missing a couple of games..

Guess we'll have to wait until Tuesday to find out...Should be packed... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

eeeeeeeasy big feller, eeeeeeeasy.....I see some veins...... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No....I would hope that the Tornadoes would show some pride and not let the Vikes beat them that badly again but Humboldt has a real good team.....What is so crazy about that post was the last few words..G'Fieldfan could have stopped without even talking about Humboldt being a 1A team and the post wouldn't have even gotten a reply by me....He had to go there though....It's just pretty inconsistent with the last five years worth of his posts....

He NEVER has recognized either team as 1A teams..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I knew I could get a response out of you Purple, you didnt let me down. You know I think you have figured me out, that may be why we get along better than we use too. That was a jab at you, I was joking with you. After last year and all the Union City posts I couldnt pass it up. Now I'll give you my real opinion, Union City is much better and it will be a close game. In fact, Union City could win. Union City got embarassed at home and they have something to prove.

Humboldt 77

Union City 72

What's this --- UC and Humboldt are playing in Class 1A ?? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

When did this happen?? The Tornadoes and Vikings aren't in 2A??

I thought Tommy Colvin was coaching Humboldt girls /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Where's Coach's Pizza in UC?? I can't find it /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

And .. Wait a minute ... This Pit is gone !!

OH NO!! I HATE CHANGE! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Charles Taylor is good to go now

he practiced Wednesday

i dont see Humboldt only winning by single digits

especially with Taylor...

i think they would have to play some extremely good ball to keep it that close

i could very well be wrong...

but i just don't see that happening

Humboldt by 12 at least

I mean what do Colege coaches say when they attend HB games???? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Man...Taylor and Crayton sure are good!! They killing those 5'5" centers from Gleason!!!!!!! lol!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I mean what do Colege coaches say when they attend HB games???? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Man...Taylor and Crayton sure are good!! They killing those 5'5" centers from Gleason!!!!!!! lol!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i don't know what they teach yall in memphis

but this is about Humboldt and Union City...

who said anything about Gleason?...

and they actually had a 5'9 center /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> lol