Maryville vs Alcoa

REBELRON

some of the alcoa people i work with are already talking about the game two years from now when these freshmen are juniors so evidently they are not optimistic. but maryville needs to be focused and ready to play and i feel the coaches will have them ready. this game is always hard fought and this year will not be an exception. maryville has too many guns this year though.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville 52, Alcoa 17, and I'm being generous to Alcoa too because they will will probably score a couple TD's against our 2nd and 3rd strings in the 4th. Carl will have around 175 yards on 10-15 carries, and McCord may also be close to the century mark. Thompson will also have a good game behind the center showing no fear in his first varsity start. Sorry Alcoa, its not your year, or even your dceade.

I was at the Alcoa/West game Saturday and yes Alcoa had a lot of turnovers. But you guys have to realize that was just first game jitters. I see Alcoa hanging in there but not winning. I'll say the game will be close. I'm sorry but give Alcoa a little props. I might be at this game or I might be at the Bearden/West since my Roadrunners aren't playing this week.

GoodLuck to Both teams but don't over look Alcoa because they are young.

Guest caligula
Posted by AERoadrunners:

I was at the Alcoa/West game Saturday and yes Alcoa had a lot of turnovers. But you guys have to realize that was just first game jitters. I see Alcoa hanging in there but not winning. I'll say the game will be close. I'm sorry but give Alcoa a little props. I might be at this game or I might be at the Bearden/West since my Roadrunners aren't playing this week.

GoodLuck to Both teams but don't over look Alcoa because they are young.

No No No, this game will not be close. This is the Champion Rebels versus an average Alcoa team. They will not hang in their all that long if any time at all. There only motivation is to beat Carl who lives right behind Alcoa High.

We respect Alcoa, but we don't like them. We're not looking at their first game, we're looking at their youthfulness. I don't think the mistakes were first games jitters, I think they were youthful mistakes. I'm not going to say Maryville will kill them, because anything is possible, but interms of experience and overall talent Maryville seems to have the upperhand!

if maryville is to lose this year, this just might be the game. if the game is close, alcoa will win. the rebs should win in a blowout.however, i'm staying clear of making a prediction on this game.

Words from the famous Lee Corso, "Maryville wins big, and I mean big my friend." Maryville has too many weapons for a young Alcoa team. Even though Maryville lost their starting QB, the back up seems like a pretty good field general once he gets some experience under his belt. The first pass of his varsity career went 70+ for a TD. Alcoa is young, and is inexperienced in just about every position. Maryville has the talent and experience, and they will win this game handily. Alcoa will be back on top of the 2A ranks when these talented Freshman are JRs and SRs. By the looks of it, Maryville wont come down from the top for awhile, they have a great feeder system. My prediction : Maryville- 49 Alcoa 6

Guest caligula

These guys were "studs" in middle school, but this is the big time and there will be no closeness or competition in this game. When the game is over it is gonna look they were in a shark attack. What position is Duck playing.

Posted by MaryvilleRebels:

Why will Alcoa win the close game? Wouldn't you think the more experienced team would pull out of a close game because they've been there before? Hey Mapper, how much is a program, and also are they game by game programs or seasonal programs?

If my suspicions hold true....the programs will be basically the same as in the past....Seasonal with inserted visitor rosters for probably $4.00...not sure of the price yet.

Go Red Rebels!! Make it 15 and 0 this year!

Go Tornadoes! (after Friday night of course)

...oooppss!..there's the buzzer on the oven!.."Victory Cone Cakes" are done! ;)