Maryville vs Alcoa

REBELRON

This will be a big game. I don't care if Alcoa lost to Knox West or not! Alcoa will come to Maryville with fire in their eyes. Alcoa will be fired up.

I hope that Maryville does not overlook them. Alcoa is young but very talented.

If Maryville comes out and plays good football then they will win big. If they come out and turn the ball over and make a bunch of other mistakes then Alcoa will have a good shot of beating them. Alcoa should not be taken lightly.

There should be 8 to 10 thousand people at Skeeter Shields stadium friday night.

What are your opinions Rebel fans?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebelron this is ALWAYS a big game, and ALWAYS will be. I hope these kids play up to their potential and eliminate mistakes. You're right, Alcoa has a young, but talented team. As a Maryville alum this is a game that you live with the entire year and you better take care of business. With all that being said, I think we will take care of business. Maryville's line play will be key for the Rebs and these kids have played a lot of ball together and I look for them to force their will on Alcoa come Friday night. Plus it will be interesting to see if Cade will perform as I think he can. Go Rebs

I for one think that it will be a game, Alcoa won't make the mistakes they made against West, the fear they had in their eyes is going to be replaced by fire and they're gunna come out with all guns blazing. Nonetheless, I think we'll be ready. It means too much not to be ready. Two Alcoa kids came to our school just today, during school, and attempted to pull a prank, they were caught in the parking lot, point is that on the first day of Alcoa Week, we've already started!

No Question here. Alcoa is not and could not be ready for what will happen on Maryville turf this year. Maryville has the same kids that destroyed the former Alcoa State Champs one year removed. Alcoa will score late in the 4th on the 3rd string and the starters are done middle 3rd Qtr. Stewart and McCord will have thier tongs hanging out from running up and down the field. Sorry Alcoa its 0-2 for you MHS 52-7.

Guest caligula

I hope you get the directoins. Everyone come meet Caligula aka Charlemagnelbcking at the game. I am comming home for this one. Alcoa is not ready for the big red machine.

49-0 my boys are to much for Alcoa.

They say you make your greatest improvment between your 1st and 2nd game! If so, thats all alcoa has going for them! That being said Maryville 52 - 13, with the 13 coming in the 2nd half. And it doesn't get any better for alcoa next week either! It will be payback week! :D:D

[Edited by cats1990 on 8-26-02 11:52P]

Guest caligula

Good post. Alot of people will use this season to payback Alcoa. I love this game it is bigger than anything else. I expect...20,000...it's labor day weekend and everyone is gonna be in town. GO Rebels.

Posted by TheEgoHasLanded:

Can someone private message me and tell me directions on how to get there from UT.

Take 129 South (Alcoa Hwy), bear right past the airport at the split (129 ByPass), turn left at US 321 (Lamar Alexander Parkway), Turn right at Broadway (Texaco Station on your right), find a place to park, pay for your ticket, find a seat if you can, enjoy the game!...Oh...yeah...buy a program. :)