Stone Memorial Football

PantherMa

They have only had a varsity team for 2 years and haven't fared very well. I don't know what they have coming back. I think their region schedule is Alcoa, kingston, Scott, CAK, and loudon (order?) Thier reg is still pretty tough for them. Them and Scott are the only 2 4A teams, but the 3A people are pretty good. Not sure who they have as non-region other than CCHS. Who are the new coaches and new everything you are talking about.

What do you mean get to play both ways?

last year you played only one side of the ball. The best players stood on the sideline. In high school you put the BEST players on the field and if you have to play both sides you play both side.

I think this year will be better than last, but the next should be the year Stone will make a name for itself

What was the reason for playing only offense or defense? Just to try to get more players on the field or were there other reasons? I would think new coaches would take a look at that idea. I would be surprised if Coach Watt used this concept. Would like to see order of schedule, does anyone know it? If Coach Watt names new dc will the one from last year stay on the staff? From what I have heard he likes to be in charge of things.

I wish you all the best of luck up there. I remember Coach Wattenbarger as a player at CCHS. He was on the same team as a pretty good punter that went on to play at Tech when Mark was playing down there, is that correct? At my age it is hard to keep up with everything as the years kind of blend together, but I believe that is right. I sure hope he can turn things around up there, but don't expect a miracle. Those boys have a lot of work to do before they will be in the position to start winning football games. They will need to spend some serious time in the weight room and getting in shape and I hope you all can find some more just raw athletes to help out as well. I am sure someone will make a remark about how bad and weak Bledsoe has been the last couple of years, and you will be correct. We are in real need for boys to LIVE IN THE WEIGHT ROOM! Our boys were weaker than just about everyone we were on the field with except for Stone and our record showed that. We need help too, I am not saying we don't. Anyway, good luck up there next year and get those boys to working hard and good things will happen for you.

• 2 weeks later...