Gordonsville @ Smith County

Stark1

To be real clear , I think it's John Arthur the FOURTH. Don't get too excited. I just like poking a stick at some people. You don't understand...I wasn't talking about you or Trey....I was talking about the G-ville faithful. The Big Blue. Those were the ones on a honeymoon. The South Side seems to enjoy anything that they think is a VICTORY over SC. When a kid or (in your and Trey's case) even a coach moves to G-ville...it's a victory of sorts. Well ya'll have been there a couple of years now....The victory (of stealing SC coaches) may have worn off......Honeymoon's over.

As far as coaching....I've done it a little. I wouldn't have ya'lls job l. It's almost a can't win situation....with the parents...kids aren't the problem. And the regular fan....all of them (us) are experts.

I know people from the South Side don't like him...but I heard Coach maynord say once..." My job is to Coach. My work is on display everytime SC takes the field. My work is open for criticism to everyone...football fan or not. How often does or can anyone walk up ...on your job ...and criticize YOUR work? Think about that a minute....... Anyway good luck there J.A.S. the 4th.

I know your just poking fun, and I can take it, I was just giving a little back. Just be a little more clear in what you say next time, I'm not a college grad yet. lol.

Alot of people may not like Coach Maynord, but regardless he is a great coach. And alot of times the coaches who are disliked sometimes are the best.

Coaches are open for criticism everytime they touch the field or floor. I've sat in stands and it seemed like some people almost wanted their team to lose b/c they werent happy with what the coach was doing, just so they could go badger him or her. Not everyone is always going to be happy with what we do or how we do it and I know that, but I feel confident enough, that I can take it and dish it right back if the situation calls for it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i just wanted a little info into the coaches playing and coaching past. since i am from the chatt area i just wanted to know more about this rivalry from a part of the state different from mine. you might ask me the same question about temple and grace.

If you are asking about the SC/GHS coaches, I'll give you a little run down as I know it. Gordonsville's coach played high school ball at Gordonsville but began coaching at SC, this is his 2nd year at GHS since coaching at SC for 6. His assistant then is the head coach at SC now, he has coached the Owls for one year. He played high school ball at SC. Hope I helped you out!

Guest Termite

I know your just poking fun, and I can take it, I was just giving a little back. Just be a little more clear in what you say next time, I'm not a college grad yet. lol.

Alot of people may not like Coach Maynord, but regardless he is a great coach. And alot of times the coaches who are disliked sometimes are the best.

Coaches are open for criticism everytime they touch the field or floor. I've sat in stands and it seemed like some people almost wanted their team to lose b/c they werent happy with what the coach was doing, just so they could go badger him or her. Not everyone is always going to be happy with what we do or how we do it and I know that, but I feel confident enough in what I do, that I can take it and dish it right back if the situation calls for it.

You need to work on dishing it back.....You have to learn when to use a teaspoon...and when to use a corn scoop. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You need to work on dishing it back.....You have to learn when to use a teaspoon...and when to use a corn scoop. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

and how do you I need to work on dishing it back? lol, you know to much about me Termite. lol

If you are asking about the SC/GHS coaches, I'll give you a little run down as I know it. Gordonsville's coach played high school ball at Gordonsville but began coaching at SC, this is his 2nd year at GHS since coaching at SC for 6. His assistant then is the head coach at SC now, he has coached the Owls for one year. He played high school ball at SC. Hope I helped you out!

correction... he began coachin at pshade where he won a state championship with yours truly lol. been forever since i got on here. been missin out on all the fun

correction... he began coachin at pshade where he won a state championship with yours truly lol. been forever since i got on here. been missin out on all the fun

lol, sorry. Didnt forget about that, but just put down the high school stuff. Should not have left that out though. Been along time since you been on here Sleep.