Gordonsville @ Smith County

Stark1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I happened to be there the last time these two meet up and Smith Co. just basically let Gordonsville run all over em. Truth be told, to be a Smith Co. fan, it was plain embarasing to watch! It's not a district game, but I mean its Smith Co. vs. Gordonsville and that just speaks for itself and I figured that both teams would come out with a lot of emotion and Gordonsville did but Smith Co. seemed real dry and I really think that was the difference maker in the outcome...just the emotion. This Saturday it's at Carthage so Smith Co. has home court advantage and that will help in their favor. I just hope for a more competitive game than last time. I know with Justin starnes out that just leaves 2 seniors and I think they both have had a couple 20 point games this season. I remember Corey Carver playin very well at the last Gordonsville game but Halliburton didnt do near as well as I thought he would but I think if they step up and play like they have in the past and the whole team follows I think they come out with a win.

Smith County wanted it more plain and simple.. i thought they played good defense and had the momentum the whole game.. I was disappointed with the coaching for the tigers.. i thought the seniors should have all been out there together but i never seen it idk what is goin on.. plus it looked like they just quit coaching idk.. maybe they can turn it around because this team was suppose to be one of the best in a while i heard but it doesnt look that way right now.. Congrats to the owls on the win they deserved it tonight

Smith County wanted it more plain and simple.. i thought they played good defense and had the momentum the whole game.. I was disappointed with the coaching for the tigers.. i thought the seniors should have all been out there together but i never seen it idk what is goin on.. plus it looked like they just quit coaching idk.. maybe they can turn it around because this team was suppose to be one of the best in a while i heard but it doesnt look that way right now.. Congrats to the owls on the win they deserved it tonight

I'm not real sure if having all the seniors out there at the same time really would have made much of a difference, considering 4 played most the game. I believe there were many other things that cost us the game other than the seniors not being out there together. After a comment like that, I can see why you would say "idk what is goin on."

Blame us if you want, thats fine, it really doesn't bother me at all, and I dont think it bothers the other 2 coaches either.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I agree with you 100%, Smith County wanted this game sooooooooo bad. Heard the two seniors saying this is the last time they would ever have to beat Gord. and THEY WERE PUMPED UP!!!! Glad to finally see SC playing like they can. hope they keep this up!!!!

Well I happened to be there the last time these two meet up and Smith Co. just basically let Gordonsville run all over em. Truth be told, to be a Smith Co. fan, it was plain embarasing to watch! It's not a district game, but I mean its Smith Co. vs. Gordonsville and that just speaks for itself and I figured that both teams would come out with a lot of emotion and Gordonsville did but Smith Co. seemed real dry and I really think that was the difference maker in the outcome...just the emotion. This Saturday it's at Carthage so Smith Co. has home court advantage and that will help in their favor. I just hope for a more competitive game than last time. I know with Justin starnes out that just leaves 2 seniors and I think they both have had a couple 20 point games this season. I remember Corey Carver playin very well at the last Gordonsville game but Halliburton didnt do near as well as I thought he would but I think if they step up and play like they have in the past and the whole team follows I think they come out with a win.