Gordonsville @ Smith County

Stark1

Yea it was definate that Carthage wanted it more. Congrats to them!

The post about the coaches seeming to have quit is really unfair- when the other

team shoots 78% from the 3 point line plus hit just about every shot

they threw up there. They had a good game plan and followed thru with it.

Congrats to Co Apple!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

Haliburton-Carver-Allen all played well...........the difference in the game was the emerging play of 1 Hunter Hackett. Bush also played well. I'm glad to see a coach at SC that will change things around if something is not working.....The last few years there were 5-6 that touched the floor.... ever.I SC won or lost it was with 5-6 players and the rest watched.. never mind that experience may help down the road. Haliburton never touched the floor before this year....I guess he just now learned how to play ball......the same can be said for H. Hackett and a few others.

G-ville's Bradford struggled for whatever reason. He should have dominated his game. Maybe the early fouls by Denny and Bush got in his head. He missed way too many point blank shots.

IMO G-ville lost the concept of team ball somewhere. Each seemed to have his own agenda.

Hey Z........Could the coaches "honeymoon" be over???

Haliburton-Carver-Allen all played well...........the difference in the game was the emerging play of 1 Hunter Hackett. Bush also played well. I'm glad to see a coach at SC that will change things around if something is not working.....The last few years there were 5-6 that touched the floor.... ever.I SC won or lost it was with 5-6 players and the rest watched.. never mind that experience may help down the road. Haliburton never touched the floor before this year....I guess he just now learned how to play ball......the same can be said for H. Hackett and a few others.

G-ville's Bradford struggled for whatever reason. He should have dominated his game. Maybe the early fouls by Denny and Bush got in his head. He missed way too many point blank shots.

IMO G-ville lost the concept of team ball somewhere. Each seemed to have his own agenda.

Hey Z........Could the coaches "honeymoon" be over???

Never was any "honeymoon". Last year we were regular season district champs, this season we are 4-1 in the district and in second place. So far I like where we have been since the move over rather than where you have been.

I would consider a split with you guys pretty good on our part, yes we expected to win, but you guys played well. Both games this year were totally different.

I will say this, I would much rather be over here on a "honeymoon", than over there in a NIGHTMARE!

Guest Termite

Never was any "honeymoon". Last year we were regular season district champs, this season we are 4-1 in the district and in second place. So far I like where we have been since the move over rather than where you have been.

I would consider a split with you guys pretty good on our part, yes we expected to win, but you guys played well. Both games this year were totally different.

I will say this, I would much rather be over here on a "honeymoon", than over there in a NIGHTMARE!

Yeah...there is always a honeymoon.....New Coache(s) with newer expectations. Time to learn the system..time to learn the coaches....time for the coaches to learn the players. Step in and win right off the bat....all are happy...coaches can't do any wrong. District coach of the year. Oh yea...there's always a honeymoon.

Where have we have been????? hasn't SC been about the same?

A split good on G-ville's part??? Kind of talking out of both sides of your mouth aren't you John Arther? Last year regular season champs....this year 4-1 in the district 2nd place. You all but say yourself the SC isn't very good (where you guys have been) and a split is GOOD as far as G-ville is concerned...come on Z.

Remember ......NIGHTMARES start out as a DREAMS.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yeah...there is always a honeymoon.....New Coache(s) with newer expectations. Time to learn the system..time to learn the coaches....time for the coaches to learn the players. Step in and win right off the bat....all are happy...coaches can't do any wrong. District coach of the year. Oh yea...there's always a honeymoon.

Where have we have been????? hasn't SC been about the same?

A split good on G-ville's part??? Kind of talking out of both sides of your mouth aren't you John Arther? Last year regular season champs....this year 4-1 in the district 2nd place. You all but say yourself the SC isn't very good (where you guys have been) and a split is GOOD as far as G-ville is concerned...come on Z.

Remember ......NIGHTMARES start out as a DREAMS.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just to be clear its John Arthur. lol I dont have to get into the whole thing about why a split is good or accepltable because of higher class and all that mess, you guys play typically better competition with the LA's and the Upperman's so if we can beat someone from your district or split or play close then its acceptable for the most part. We play 3 teams from 7AA and for the most part year in year out, 2 of those are always contending for 3rd-4th, some years even 2nd. Noone real close to LA in that district except maybe Upperman. Although in my exectations a split with you all is not good and not what I expected IMO, it is better than 2 L's.

I dont think we ever made it sound like it was a honeymoon, but if you want to call it that, thats fine. Dont think though that because one poster gets on here and rips us that we will let the honeymoon end! We got alot of season left and like I said, I still like very much where we are sitting right now compared to where you guys are.

Well i hope the Tigers can get it together down this home stretch because i'd hate to see a team with so much talent go to waste...After watching this group of guys grow up I know what their potential is and i still believe they can finish the year out on a strong note... Good luck up on the mountain tomorrow night, i'm not goin to make that long trip lol but ill tune in on the radio to see how things go.. i hear Monterey is about 4th in that district so this would be a good win for the tigers..Good luck

Just to be clear its John Arthur. lol I dont have to get into the whole thing about why a split is good or accepltable because of higher class and all that mess, you guys play typically better competition with the LA's and the Upperman's so if we can beat someone from your district or split or play close then its acceptable for the most part. We play 3 teams from 7AA and for the most part year in year out, 2 of those are always contending for 3rd-4th, some years even 2nd. Noone real close to LA in that district except maybe Upperman. Although in my exectations a split with you all is not good and not what I expected IMO, it is better than 2 L's.

I dont think we ever made it sound like it was a honeymoon, but if you want to call it that, thats fine. Dont think though that because one poster gets on here and rips us that we will let the honeymoon end! We got alot of season left and like I said, I still like very much where we are sitting right now compared to where you guys are.

I don't know about that. SC seems to be improving. You have lost your last 3...and also beat MJC by one. You were blown out by SC.

I kinda like where SC is right now a little better. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> But hey...I'm no basketball expert as you pointed out before.

I don't know about that. SC seems to be improving. You have lost your last 3...and also beat MJC by one. You were blown out by SC.

I kinda like where SC is right now a little better. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> But hey...I'm no basketball expert as you pointed out before.

How you doing Antwan? Long time, no read! I was looking through these posts and had to look back and see if they were basketball! You must be really bored or your mouse went crazy for you to be on basketball!! Hope we have something to argue about come FB season!

How you doing Antwan? Long time, no read! I was looking through these posts and had to look back and see if they were basketball! You must be really bored or your mouse went crazy for you to be on basketball!! Hope we have something to argue about come FB season!

What is the background of both of these coaches? Where did they play hs? Did either one play college anywhere? Who influenced their styles? Sounds like a pretty good rivalry between the 2 coaches.

Lost to FC by 3, Macon by 10 and only had 5 turnovers. SC played really well, they are getting better and I'm glad to see that for them. They blew us out just like we did them. MJC hit about every shot they threw up kinda like SC did Saturday. Some kid comes in throwing em from like 25 feet.

Gordonsville: 7-9 overall, 4-1 inside district.

Smith County: 3-12 overall, 0-3 inside district.

I see why you would rather be where SC is than GHS. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> When you keep bringing up points like this, you make it easy for me to prove my point Antwerp /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

On a different note, I'm glad to see the SC boys improving. They got a young group of kids and will be better down the line and threw the years.

I am doing great OCF...hope you are well. Your team is loaded. I hope to see them before the season is over. Yeah...I must be bored.

Football season should be interesting. We have some big holes to fill...as we always seem to. We also have some very good kids coming

back. I think this district should be fun for both of us. Keep in touch.

Lost to FC by 3, Macon by 10 and only had 5 turnovers. SC played really well, they are getting better and I'm glad to see that for them. They blew us out just like we did them. MJC hit about every shot they threw up kinda like SC did Saturday. Some kid comes in throwing em from like 25 feet.

Gordonsville: 7-9 overall, 4-1 inside district.

Smith County: 3-12 overall, 0-3 inside district.

I see why you would rather be where SC is than GHS. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> When you keep bringing up points like this, you make it easy for me to prove my point Antwerp /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

On a different note, I'm glad to see the SC boys improving. They got a young group of kids and will be better down the line and threw the years.

Oh great basketball guru...at least get SC's record right. "threw" lol Being the great bb mind you are...I would think you know it really does not matter how you play early in the season. It's how you play at the end...but of course you know that...right? I would rather be a on a 4 game winning streak...than a 3 game losing streak...but hey...that's just me.