DRESDEN ATHLETICS?

TOPDOLLAR

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what meds are you on? there nothing wrong with dresden athletics. could you post their records in last 10 years? coaching does change sports teams. their bball coach hasnt had a winning season yet and hes still coaching. i know they been AA in football but havent beat a singleA school in 2 years. you must be the coach . the public should be ashamed and demand a change

Popeye Jones isn't walking through that door anytime soon fellas! HA! Just playing around and think the new district realignment will help Dresden. Gleason is the smallest football playing school in the state and if they can win games anybody can!

Popeye Jones! Ha! I'd not thought about him in years. As dominant as he was, what made those teams was that they had a couple of sharpshooters outside as well. Peanut Wynn (I think) and I think someone else. Pretty much unbeatable in single A ball back then. Them and Clarksburg had some knock-down, grad-out games in the late 80s.

I'm not real sure the way you are going about blasting Dresden is helping the situation. Their football team will win some games next year and like someone already mentioned the new reclassification will help them tremendously. Dresden football was in the toughest football district in west Tennessee the last few years. (Milan, Westview, Humboldt, JCS, USJ just to name a few) They will be fine.

Their basketball team has alot of talent in the freshman/sophmore class and their going to be just fine. They just happen to be in the toughest Boys Basketball Class A district in the state. You must not be keeping up with the funny reclassification system that we now have, in the last 4 years they have dropped Union City, McKenzie, Humboldt and others back into Class A. Its not a 4 team district anymore, we have 10 teams in our district so getting out of the district is like going to the state 5 years ago.

You may mean well but you are not doing the Dresden kids any favors blasting their school on Coach T.

Havent done anything since Popeye. they had a good boys team back in1994 and since then losing seasons. they have a coach that hasnt won a game this year and hasnt had a winning season since hes been there but principal must have ties to the man bc hes from dresden so hes still has his job

This has has "upset parent" written all over him. Joined 2 days ago, every post has trashed the coach and administration.

Hey maryville fan.. what happens in maryville if a coach has 5 straight losing seasons and then loses his first 12 games? enough said

I'm sure there'd be some low-lifes like yourself get on here and bad-mouth him too. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

alumni. I guess losing is ok. If you havent won a game all year thats not good. if you havent won football game in 2 years thats not good. if your bball coach hasnt had a winning season since hes started its time for change. its life.

TOPDOLLAR you are right about Dresden sports, they have a lot of potential but nobody in the town cares anymore after so many losing seasons. I am not a fan from Dresden, I am from there rival Westview, but my dad is from Dresden and played baseball, basketball, and football while at Dresden and was able to earn a scholarship and go play college ball and he thinks they same way as you! With coaches, a good sports program, and a supportive community Dresden could easily get back to its winning ways. They are not short on talent at all, look at all the athletes that have come through there lately like Kaci Bailey, Matt Vallee, Randy Williams, Matt Hewitt, Wil Levister, Tyson Wright, Justin Coleman, and the list goes on! All had the potential to be great players because of size and athletic ability, some are playing college ball and some are not because of a poor system thats not being looked at! Dresden needs a change in the worst way and hopefully someone will step up and take on the challenge! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

THANK YOU. IM GLAD FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS. I PLAYED AT DRESDEN OVER 10 YEARS AGO AND KNOW LIVE IN GERMANTOWN. ITS A JOKE... ANYTIME I TALK TO ANY LOCAL FRIENDS OR GOOGLE LOCAL NEWSPAPERS. I MEAN DOES ANYONE CARE? I KNOW ALOT OF SINGLEA SCHOOLS THAT HAVE THEIR UPS AND DOWNS BUT NOT TO BE COMPETITIVE OR WIN GAMES. THE TOWN HAS TO RALLY AND BLOG AND WRITE TO THEY GET RID OF THERE COACHES OR MAKE SOME SERIOUS CHANGES. EVERYONE IS RIPPING ME BC IM SPEAKING UP. IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT TYPE OF WORK U DO OR ANYTHING YOU DO IN LIFE. LOSING AND LOSING IS UNACCEPTABLE

TOPDOLLAR you are right about Dresden sports, they have a lot of potential but nobody in the town cares anymore after so many losing seasons. I am not a fan from Dresden, I am from there rival Westview, but my dad is from Dresden and played baseball, basketball, and football while at Dresden and was able to earn a scholarship and go play college ball and he thinks they same way as you! With coaches, a good sports program, and a supportive community Dresden could easily get back to its winning ways. They are not short on talent at all, look at all the athletes that have come through there lately like Kaci Bailey, Matt Vallee, Randy Williams, Matt Hewitt, Wil Levister, Tyson Wright, Justin Coleman, and the list goes on! All had the potential to be great players because of size and athletic ability, some are playing college ball and some are not because of a poor system thats not being looked at! Dresden needs a change in the worst way and hopefully someone will step up and take on the challenge! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know that tyson played aau in basketball but it was hard for him to get motovated. My friend was goin to caring him on a aau tournment but he told him he had to mowel the grass????

Right now Dresden is goin through the dark ages in sports. But it only last for a season. yall will be back.