Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

An overwhelming day all around. For now, I'm off to North Greene, for what I expect

to be one of the best games of the season.

Highlander,

I truly hope that you'll reconsider. Your posts are always positive, correct, and in spite

of your modesty, some of, if not THE MOST articulate of all posts I've read. So, PLEASE

think about staying active.

Remember, you have at least three more seasons with your family.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one thing, it'll be a cold day in h#ll before anyone tells me I can't pay 5 bucks to see a ball game. To insinuate that Chambers attends games to purposely distract these girls is about as retarded as it gets and it only shows why the Creekers stay in a mess all the time with their acedemics and athletics. Whether you want to admit it or not, Coach Chambers is a good guy and a good coach and somebody on the creek is just suffering from a power trip and low integrity. I knew the some of the creekers were short on character but this beats all I've ever seen. Blaming a former coach sitting in the stands on the current team's woes. Good grief! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I know one thing, it'll be a cold day in h#ll before anyone tells me I can't pay 5 bucks to see a ball game. To insinuate that Chambers attends games to purposely distract these girls is about as retarded as it gets and it only shows why the Creekers stay in a mess all the time with their acedemics and athletics. Whether you want to admit it or not, Coach Chambers is a good guy and a good coach and somebody on the creek is just suffering from a power trip and low integrity. I knew the some of the creekers were short on character but this beats all I've ever seen. Blaming a former coach sitting in the stands on the current team's woes. Good grief! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I totally agree...

Az, I'm not sure many people think he does this intentionally. But it is a distraction to the players. If you had been coached by someone for a long period of time and all of a sudden had a change (one of which you didn't or your parents didn't feel was right) and things weren't going good, who would you look to for advice? Probably the man you were used to hearing from and not the new person. Especially if you knew he was there watching every move. The problems the Lady Rangers are having are not the fault of Coach Chambers, but he is not being part of the solution either. Of course all of this is in my opinion only. If the Lady Rangers to be truly successful in the future he will have to leave them alone.

Vader or Krich, how about a report on the Lady Bulldog game last night?

[/quote

Gotta go with you on this one, King; and not only due to the fact that, he has the right to be at

the games, but moreso]Unaka[/url] is currently 3-and-14, including the near-thirty-point loss in Mitchell County, North Carolina.

What IF it were the opposite?

What IF we were 14-and-3?

Then, how much would it bother those who think that Kenneth should NOT be there?

During Coach Chambers' first season, his successor, Don Parkey, attended nearly all of Unaka's

games. The two coaches would often talk after those games. Coach Chambers spent a lot of time

before that season discussing various things about the team he was to inherit, because he wanted

to be as prepared as possible. Of course, the biggest part of coaching is knowledge - - - of your

team, and the opponent. In whole, and as individuals, every team has a personality, a team-chemistry.

Attitudes, approaches, practice habits, etc, vary, and often they vary vastly, from player to player;

from team to team. So (to me at least), it would appear that, the more communication between

coaches, the better.

And to answer your question from yesterday, Screen, yes, I've spoken with Kenneth regarding this

matter. I'll only say publicly that, I know that several of the players do want him to be there.

And why wouldn't they?

I'm not Vader or Krich...far from it but I will tell you a little about the game. Both of the aforementioned were at the game and I am sure that they will post at a later date. Quite simply, the Lady Bulldogs ran into a buzzsaw. North Greene came out clicking on all cylinders from the start and Hampton could not throw one in the ocean. White(post) and Britton(point) can really play the game. Those two players had 43 or 45 points between them. Hampton could not keep White off the offensive boards when M. Dugger went to the bench with foul trouble their fate was pretty much sealed, because with Weddle still out and McQueen still hurting you go 5'6 across the board. I'm not making any excuses because the Lady Huskies are a talented and well coached team, just ask the Lady Landers. Do I think Hampton can beat them if Weddle comes back......yes. Can they beat them if she doesn't......not likely. All the credit goes to NG for a well deserved W. I know that LT was disappointed that his team lost but had to be encouraged that they played extremely hard and had great looks, just couldn't get anything to fall.

Dog,

Your summary is much better than I could've given. It was a confident, home-

standing team against a smaller team. The matchups, especially with Miss Weddle

sitting, strongly favored North Greene.

Mariah Britton has more than held her own against some of the best point-guards

in the area, the state, and including Lauren Avant, the best in the nation. She's

fast, agile, smart, quick, and stout; and her long-range shot continues to improve.

Meanwhile, as dog pointed out, Hampton is hurting while Chelsey is hurting. She

brings strength, hops, and attitude to the paint. It was encouraging hearing from

her last night. She said she's been practicing a little, and should be near 100% by

next week. Also, with her on the court, the other, lesser-experienced post players

become better. On the positive side, two very promising players - Megan Dugger and

Mollie McQueen are gaining the experience that Hampton will need for tournament time

this year, and for the next two seasons.

And, the Lady Bulldogs didn't go without a fight. They managed a couple nice runs.

However, North Greene's only senior, Samantha Weems, went off from long-range,

making the already bigger, stronger, more-experienced Lady Huskies' post game even

more effective.

With the emergence of sophomore, six-footer, Stephanie McKinsey, and the fact that

Dakota White has another season, and Britton is only a sophomore, North Greene could

very well be the pre-season favorite for the next couple seasons.

As for Hampton, as stated, Josie had some very nice drives to the middle of the paint, but

the shots just didn't fall. Mikki tossed in a few very nice jumpers, and Maci Lewis scored

in double figures. When Sarah Calhoun, who couldn't hit anything until the fourth quarter,

and Lewis are hitting from outside; and as the younger players, to include Paige Dugger, who

played well, gain experience, - - and we already know what Oliver, McKinney and Kelly Stout

can do - - Hampton appears more than capable of competing for this season's tournament titles.

HIRE him at Cloudland! You want him, he WANTS to go, porblem solved!!!!! He will not have to pay then.

[

Gotta go with you on this one, King; and not only due to the fact that, he has the right to be at

the games, but moreso:

Unaka is currently 3-and-14, including the near-thirty-point loss in Mitchell County, North Carolina.

What IF it were the opposite?

What IF we were 14-and-3?

Then, how much would it bother those who think that Kenneth should NOT be there?

During Coach Chambers' first season, his successor, Don Parkey, attended nearly all of Unaka's

games. The two coaches would often talk after those games. Coach Chambers spent a lot of time

before that season discussing various things about the team he was to inherit, because he wanted

to be as prepared as possible. Of course, the biggest part of coaching is knowledge - - - of your

team, and the opponent. In whole, and as individuals, every team has a personality, a team-chemistry.

Attitudes, approaches, practice habits, etc, vary, and often they vary vastly, from player to player;

from team to team. So (to me at least), it would appear that, the more communication between

coaches, the better.

And to answer your question from yesterday, Screen, yes, I've spoken with Kenneth regarding this

matter. I'll only say publicly that, I know that several of the players do want him to be there.

And why wouldn't they?

Krich, your agreement speaks for it's self.(with whom) Did it help or hurt Don? You might want to ask the girls again. If he is going to Cloudland, thats the program he should follow, don't you think?(I think it would be a good fit for him) The topper of this thread is your "agreement" with zAZa90/King, all he is doing is using every thing you type against the Lady Ranger program, he "types" the Lady Rangers a new one every time people like you give him the chance.(IRONIC ISN'T IT) You have proved me correct AGAIN. The irony post you typed of, SHOULD HAVE BEEN The Last Word.(let it go, coach and the Lady Rangers will both be better off)

Az, I'm not sure many people think he does this intentionally. But it is a distraction to the players. If you had been coached by someone for a long period of time and all of a sudden had a change (one of which you didn't or your parents didn't feel was right) and things weren't going good, who would you look to for advice? Probably the man you were used to hearing from and not the new person. Especially if you knew he was there watching every move. The problems the Lady Rangers are having are not the fault of Coach Chambers, but he is not being part of the solution either. Of course all of this is in my opinion only. If the Lady Rangers to be truly successful in the future he will have to leave them alone.

screenandroll, I would say that you just gave some very sound advice. But I'm going out on a limb and say it's not taken. If not, then does that make it intentional? (by all parties "typed to")