district 11AA

ballbasher30

Then put a bug in Coach Cash's ear. Waverly and Fairview are the main ones cancelling JV and swapping games around. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Everybody else seems to be on board with playing Varsity games after parents get off work. Montgomery Central and Creek Wood have 7:00 varsity start times for crying out loud. Stewart County at least said from the beginning that Dover to Kingston Springs needed a 5:00 start time with no JV. It's that way in every sport with them though and it's understandable. Waverly is 45 minutes down highway 70. We buy our freakin' gas in Fairview! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> I would suggest that those schools that want these kind of accommodations on the road should pay for the privilege to make up for the loss at the gate and concession stand at that school. $250 a game for rescheduling without cause after the district meeting sets times and schedules are made out is about right.

I mean, what you want to do at your park to cut your program's throat is one thing. You ought to play by home park rules when you go elsewhere. This kind of stuff is voted on before the season ever starts is it not? Whatever exceptions that need to be made should be made then, schedule the dang games and sign off in blood. They don't change the basketball and football schedules after the fact! Can you imagine playing football at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon in the Fall or tip off for the boys game at 4:00?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then put a bug in Coach Cash's ear. Waverly and Fairview are the main ones cancelling JV and swapping games around. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Everybody else seems to be on board with playing Varsity games after parents get off work. Montgomery Central and Creek Wood have 7:00 varsity start times for crying out loud. Stewart County at least said from the beginning that Dover to Kingston Springs needed a 5:00 start time with no JV. It's that way in every sport with them though and it's understandable. Waverly is 45 minutes down highway 70. We buy our freakin' gas in Fairview! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> I would suggest that those schools that want these kind of accommodations on the road should pay for the privilege to make up for the loss at the gate and concession stand at that school. $250 a game for rescheduling without cause after the district meeting sets times and schedules are made out is about right.

I mean, what you want to do at your park to cut your program's throat is one thing. You ought to play by home park rules when you go elsewhere. This kind of stuff is voted on before the season ever starts is it not? Whatever exceptions that need to be made should be made then, schedule the dang games and sign off in blood. They don't change the basketball and football schedules after the fact! Can you imagine playing football at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon in the Fall or tip off for the boys game at 4:00?

you sound happy lol

Yeah. I enjoy trying to make my schedule for work and have my wife go through a month of rotations at her store to try to make it to most of the baseball games only to find an email from Coach with a bunch of schedule changes on it. It's also a bummer when the only money that we get in Cheatham County is by raising it ourselves through the gate and concession sales. Fields don't take care of themselves and the school system's sure not throwing any money our way.

The dang in school games at 1:00 are bad enough. Then you throw in the 3 or 4 non district games we played against teams without lights that started at 3:30 and finally you're ready to settle in to a district schedule where you'll at least get to see the majority of the games. Fairview cancels the JV all together and wants to move the varsity game to 4:00.........at OUR park, Waverly cancels JV at their place and moves varsity to 4:30. Well, ok, I guess we can live with that, but THEN they say they'll play a JV game at OUR place if we move the varsity game to 4:30 and then play the JV game. WTH!!! There's 2 of OUR gates and concession stand sales thrown out the window. We ought to charge the dang oppositions fans double for wrecking OUR home dates. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Yeah. I enjoy trying to make my schedule for work and have my wife go through a month of rotations at her store to try to make it to most of the baseball games only to find an email from Coach with a bunch of schedule changes on it. It's also a bummer when the only money that we get in Cheatham County is by raising it ourselves through the gate and concession sales. Fields don't take care of themselves and the school system's sure not throwing any money our way.

The dang in school games at 1:00 are bad enough. Then you throw in the 3 or 4 non district games we played against teams without lights that started at 3:30 and finally you're ready to settle in to a district schedule where you'll at least get to see the majority of the games. Fairview cancels the JV all together and wants to move the varsity game to 4:00.........at OUR park, Waverly cancels JV at their place and moves varsity to 4:30. Well, ok, I guess we can live with that, but THEN they say they'll play a JV game at OUR place if we move the varsity game to 4:30 and then play the JV game. WTH!!! There's 2 of OUR gates and concession stand sales thrown out the window. We ought to charge the dang oppositions fans double for wrecking OUR home dates. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

yeah wavo has always wanted varsity early.

Foriest is their #1. He's decent. Too early to say about everyone else. Devin Presley and Kelby Isbell hit bombs against Loretto at McNairy Central but the fields in Savannah aren't as deep as in our district. Lot's of young guys that could step up. There's been one good ball game and that was against Loretto. The rest have been blow outs one way or the other. Harpeth is deep, but young and they don't have the upperclassman leadership they've had in past years. Lot's of guys need to step up and grow up.

On another note, there's a couple of things stuck in my craw. One, the district agrees before the season ever starts on how they are going to play district games with JV first and Varsity afterwards so that the baseball gate can actually make a profit. Now, after the season starts, the dang schedule starts changing, JV games getting dropped and Varsity moved up to 4:00 and that kind of crap. It's no wonder that baseball is considered a minor sport. They play the dang games when everybody is at work. Unless you don't have lights, you are cutting your programs throat to play Varsity games right after school. Put a time limit on the JV game of 90 minutes, start it at 4:30, wrap it up by 6:00, fix the batter's box, take infield and start the varsity game in front of the maximum crowd at 6:30. If there's no JV game, start the varsity game at 6:00. Make more at the gate, make more at the concession stand and build interest in your program. This is not rocket science. Basketball and football manage to play their games when they can get the maximum gate.

Foriest is overrated. What about players besides pitchers?

Foriest is overrated. What about players besides pitchers?

i watched harpeth and staurt county play tonight and foriest pitched a decent game. stuart county didnt have the best of pitching from what i could see since there number one is out. The third baseman and shortstop had a couple of nice defensive plays tonight for harpeth but there really wasnt much defense at all. All i know is that they beat stewart county pretty bad.

What about my beloved War Eagles!!! Beating Waverly 3-0. Pitcher showdown. Kyle Quillen v Michael Purcell. What a great game to watch as a spectator. Unbelieveable game. Words don't describe it. Sycamore proved to be the top dog tonight with that performance. Purcell looked near flawless, but Quillen prevailed. Any thoughts?

SHS5.0, I just heard from my friend what happened in Pleasant View tonight. Congrats to Sycamore.

Also in tonights action, what about my Montgomery Central Indians!! Took advantage of some Creek Wood errors and soared to the 9-1 victory. Mills pitched great as well tonight. I think the final count was 6 k's and giving up 3 hits. Wonderful day to be an Indian.

Long season though. We have to stay focused.

Creek wood will be fine though, they are coached to well and have to many hard nosed kids to give up this early. Scrapy team that will be fine down the stretch. Good Luck to every one tomorrow.

Your wrong about football and basketball jv not getting changed. Happens all the time sometimes the day of the game. Personally I like varsity playing early especially in the first half of the season when it can get very cold after dark. Baseball is always going to be more fluid than other sports due to the threat of rainouts. Everybody has their own preference on scheduling. Seems like a lot of fuss over nothing. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />