district 11AA

ballbasher30

Yeah well, I have been our for a while on here.

Topics to Cover Include:

Harpeth v CW (trailer park style)

Parents need to grow up bottom line. Coaches need to shut their mouth, players need to respect the game, and baseball needs to be played on the FIELD. I don't know who started it, but I have talked to representatives of both sides and it sounds ridiculous. Parents need to realize that they don't play the game, so shut their big mouths and spectate.

District MVP

As you all know I am from Montgomery Central. Alec definitely is the MVP in my books. But last year was a CO with Guy and Purcell correct? Why couldn't there be a CO this year with Alec/Quillen

If 40 RBI's for Quillen is true, then that is a no brainer people. Don't take away 40 RBI's in 30 or so games away from that kid.

I know that Quillen beat us in the last inning with a huge hit in the Seventh off Alec to win the game. Also pitched a GEM against CW at their place.

Mills/Quillen for CO is my vote.

Foriest should not even be questioned for All District much less MVP. Attitude amongst the Coaches is a HUGE factor as well as talent. Sorry, but he doesn't deserve it. Just one old man's opinion though. Don't crucify me Harpeth fans.

Great season in the district for EVERY team. Good luck in the tourney to every team.

Here were my reg season predictions. This could be fun for every one who predicted at the beginning if everyone posts their old ones.

1. Sycamore (right)

2. Waverly (wrong)

3. Fairview (WAY wrong)

4. Creek Wood (close)

5. Montgomery Central (didn't know Mills could carry us)

6. Harpeth (DEAD wrong, great season guys. Work on discipline)

7. Stewart Co. (right)

8. Cheatham Co. (close)

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you in the most part, but those 5 wins could have been taken care of by any other of the varsity pitchers at Sycamore. The big ones that may have been losses would have been the gem he pitched against Wavo and the big W he got over Creekwood. Now the batting avg. isn't the best on team. I believe Carrigan is batting somewhere in the 600s in district play. The RBIs are very impressive, especially in 30 games.

You can also make an argument for two other Sycamore kids. Jace Hunter is undefeated on the bump in district play and pitched wonderfully against Harpeth. Cory Carrigan stepped up huge for this club this year, playing multiple positions through out the season including 1st, C, Pitching, and OF.

Those three guys and two others, Jake Sirmeyer and Tyler Cherry, for Sycamore are worthy of all district for sure!

you are kinda makin a case for someone else to win the MVP. sycamore has a great team. we know that, and if you take one player off their team, they are still a very good team. its kinda the same as last year, except guye still got the MVP and i didnt agree with that. purcell carried wavo last year, guye was a good player on a good team. i hate CO MVP's. i say name one guy the MVP.

Yeah well, I have been our for a while on here.

Topics to Cover Include:

Harpeth v CW (trailer park style)

Parents need to grow up bottom line. Coaches need to shut their mouth, players need to respect the game, and baseball needs to be played on the FIELD. I don't know who started it, but I have talked to representatives of both sides and it sounds ridiculous. Parents need to realize that they don't play the game, so shut their big mouths and spectate.

District MVP

As you all know I am from Montgomery Central. Alec definitely is the MVP in my books. But last year was a CO with Guy and Purcell correct? Why couldn't there be a CO this year with Alec/Quillen

If 40 RBI's for Quillen is true, then that is a no brainer people. Don't take away 40 RBI's in 30 or so games away from that kid.

I know that Quillen beat us in the last inning with a huge hit in the Seventh off Alec to win the game. Also pitched a GEM against CW at their place.

Mills/Quillen for CO is my vote.

Foriest should not even be questioned for All District much less MVP. Attitude amongst the Coaches is a HUGE factor as well as talent. Sorry, but he doesn't deserve it. Just one old man's opinion though. Don't crucify me Harpeth fans.

Great season in the district for EVERY team. Good luck in the tourney to every team.

Here were my reg season predictions. This could be fun for every one who predicted at the beginning if everyone posts their old ones.

1. Sycamore (right)

2. Waverly (wrong)

3. Fairview (WAY wrong)

4. Creek Wood (close)

5. Montgomery Central (didn't know Mills could carry us)

6. Harpeth (DEAD wrong, great season guys. Work on discipline)

7. Stewart Co. (right)

8. Cheatham Co. (close)

there you go running your mouth about Foriest again! are you a player on the team...or a coach of the team? didn't think so! you dont know anything other than rumors. Foriest is a leader for the harpeth baseball team and kept his cool through the whole creek wood tussle he didnt even get involved. You guys are just mad cause he is new in the district and comes in and dominates every team team he has pitched against! give him a break he is the only guy in the district with teams such as vandy, kentucky, clemson, lipscomb, and ,many other D1 teams contacting him not to metion proffesional scouts! Geeze get off his back and find out the real information before you go running your moth

there you go running your mouth about Foriest again! are you a player on the team...or a coach of the team? didn't think so! you dont know anything other than rumors. Foriest is a leader for the harpeth baseball team and kept his cool through the whole creek wood tussle he didnt even get involved. You guys are just mad cause he is new in the district and comes in and dominates every team team he has pitched against! give him a break he is the only guy in the district with teams such as vandy, kentucky, clemson, lipscomb, and ,many other D1 teams contacting him not to metion proffesional scouts! Geeze get off his back and find out the real information before you go running your moth

Dominate? He didn't seem to dominate against Sycamore and Creekwood. You can't throw dirtballs and call it dominating.

Let's not get too personal here. Make your case for your MVP guy and move on. There's been a lot of Foriest bashing since the Creek Wood games. Everybody I've talked to on both sides said he wasn't involved in anything either night and I didn't see him involved. Heck, I would think CW would have thrown at him if they thought there was anything dirty going on inside the lines. It's baseball guys. Respect the game and play the game. It usually takes care of itself on the field. Nathan Foriest does have D1's looking at him and he does have pro teams looking at him. Some of this is just jealousy and high school drama. Let it go.

I hate picking MVP's and all district teams because it's just a symbolic and subjective thing anyway. A guy like Pieratt who's value is more recognized when he's NOT playing is a lot more noticeable than one of 7 guys on the championship team. A coach sees the guys from the other teams twice a year maybe three. Stats don't take into consideration the level of competition or anything else. Don't put too much into it. What are you going to do, put it on your resume'? MVP and all district is the most useless piece of information that's out there as far as I'm concerned. Baseball is the ultimate team sport.

I know it's probably going to rain all weekend and make this a moot point, but why does this district continue to ignore possible weekend gates to play baseball games during the school week. We should be playing baseball on Saturdays guys. There's money to be made for your programs out there.

Let's not get too personal here. Make your case for your MVP guy and move on. There's been a lot of Foriest bashing since the Creek Wood games. Everybody I've talked to on both sides said he wasn't involved in anything either night and I didn't see him involved. Heck, I would think CW would have thrown at him if they thought there was anything dirty going on inside the lines. It's baseball guys. Respect the game and play the game. It usually takes care of itself on the field. Nathan Foriest does have D1's looking at him and he does have pro teams looking at him. Some of this is just jealousy and high school drama. Let it go.

I hate picking MVP's and all district teams because it's just a symbolic and subjective thing anyway. A guy like Pieratt who's value is more recognized when he's NOT playing is a lot more noticeable than one of 7 guys on the championship team. A coach sees the guys from the other teams twice a year maybe three. Stats don't take into consideration the level of competition or anything else. Don't put too much into it. What are you going to do, put it on your resume'? MVP and all district is the most useless piece of information that's out there as far as I'm concerned. Baseball is the ultimate team sport.

I know it's probably going to rain all weekend and make this a moot point, but why does this district continue to ignore possible weekend gates to play baseball games during the school week. We should be playing baseball on Saturdays guys. There's money to be made for your programs out there.

Boy, get off CoachT and enjoy the meds.

Ok carefulwhatyouwishfor. I'm your Huckleberry...

1. Creekwood (finshed tied for 2nd, 3rd seed) -1

2. Sycamore (finished 1st) +1

3. Waverly (finished 5th) -2

4. Fairview (finished as the 8th seed) -4

5. Harpeth (finished tied for 2nd, 4th seed) +3

6. Montgomery Central (finished tied for 2nd, 2 seed) +4

7. Stewart County (finished 7th) 0

8. Cheatham (finished 6th) +2

I got 2 of the top 4 right, under estimating Harpeth and Montgomery Central and figuring Waverly and Fairview way too high. We did this without rosters remember and at the time, I thought Harpeth would have Foriest and Johnson at 1 and 2 with the freshmen Presley and Morris at 3 and 4. And I still picked them 5th.

It's a marathon, not a race.

Boy, get off CoachT and enjoy the meds.

Built in excuse. I'm hallucinating.................and still the spelling is top notch!

Wisdom teeth removed everybody. I was going for the record, all 4 at once. Kind of glad the games got rained out today.

thanks ks I agree, lets talk baseball. We have alot to talk about besides all the smack. I really think all of the top 5 teams could get hot and win this district. If the rain don,t stop we could be playing on some real wet fields. Don,t we have to be finished with district by wed?.

Don't get me started on post season in this state. They drag it out forever. There should be games at least tentatively scheduled for tomorrow. There's no intention of playing on weekends for whatever reason.

You can play a 32 team tournament in 4 days in the summer. Do what they do.

thanks ks I agree, lets talk baseball. We have alot to talk about besides all the smack. I really think all of the top 5 teams could get hot and win this district. If the rain don,t stop we could be playing on some real wet fields. Don,t we have to be finished with district by wed?.

I think your right downsouth we must be finished by the 6th (wed).When and where is state? Who do you guys think could win state this year?I hear alot of talk about those knoxville teams. Would like it to be someone closer to home.