district 11AA

ballbasher30

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you. Start at 10 or 12 and be through way before you have to pick up your date. I played a high school baseball game every year on prom day and still made it to the prom. You guys aren't getting up-dos or going to the tanning bed are you? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

District 10AA had games scheduled. So did 8AAA. We need to coordinate proms or work around them. It's moot with the rain, but we sure cut ourselves short on this thing. Sounds like 12AA's gonna have rested arms for the elimination round coachrop.

some principals will not let you play on prom. Then what do you do schedule anyway and tell your boss to get over it. probably not a smart idea if you want to keep coaching.

i dont remember...doesnt look good for monday. its not suppose to rain monday, but it is sunday. and i know MC's field has taken on alot of rain, and i dont think they have a tarp.

yes they do and it is on the field. Sycamore does not though.

some principals will not let you play on prom. Then what do you do schedule anyway and tell your boss to get over it. probably not a smart idea if you want to keep coaching.

yes they do and it is on the field. Sycamore does not though.

any chance of the sites bein changed??? it had to happen a couple of years ago just wonderin with the new format.

..also saw some wicked curve balls from some of the slower pitchers that seemed to make up for the speed.

I saw the Reed kid for Sycamore pitch once and he doesn't throw very hard, but breaks ankles with his curve ball. It's fun to watch. He also has good control and seems to hit his spots well. I moved here a couple of years ago and remember a kid that was similar in DeKalb Co. With him and Mayberry back next year, Sycamore should have a good one two punch. Maybe not overpowering, but solid and will definitely keep the batters guessing.

I heard a coach say that Sycamore's bracket could be moved to MC on Tuesday because they have a tarp.

MC has their own bracket. CW maybe?

I say proms can be coordinated around. It just takes some..............coordination. The right hand knowing what the left one is doing. My guess is that any kind of common sense compromise such as baseball games in the morning or early afternoon, prom that night would be taken into consideration. We're not building lunar landing modules here.

CW has a tarp but last I heard they took it off..Also a good article in the Tennessean Life and travel section that wouldnt hurt for all to read..Chronicle mentions that turny may go to a single elimination,time will tell..

Thanks for the heads up on the Tennessean article blufffman. Here's the TSSAA portion:

TSSAA on parents

Words to live by. I'd say as an umpire learning the dadgum rules and showing good sportsmanship will get you a long way in watching high school athletic events.

MC has their own bracket. CW maybe?

I say proms can be coordinated around. It just takes some..............coordination. The right hand knowing what the left one is doing. My guess is that any kind of common sense compromise such as baseball games in the morning or early afternoon, prom that night would be taken into consideration. We're not building lunar landing modules here.

I understand that and he said that the tourny would be single elimination and games would start during school hours starting sometime around 10 a.m.