Midway at Rockwood on 8-29

WaggleRT

This should be a good game on Thursday night. Midway went 10-3 last year and has the possibility of doing it again. But don't tell that to the tigers. They looked pretty impressive against Union Co. last Friday night. Midway didn't look too bad either, but they didn't play the same squad from Union Co. as Rockwood. So, there are a lot of questions to be answered Thursday night. One being, who is the contender, and who is the pretender?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockwood did look pretty good, but there is still a question mark surrounding how Gallaher will perform at quarterback. Midway also looked decent, but it will be tough for them to compete in this game after losing as many seniors as they did last year. I think they will be contenders in their region once they get some game experience under their belts.

The difference in this game will be speed and the tigers have alot of it. Midway may have a chance if they can contain Thompson and company on the ends because once they get loose there's no one on Midway's team that can catch them. Should be a good game, seems like this one is always close. Good luck Tigers!

Rockwood bye all they want it to be,the only team in Roane County that they (Midway) can come close to beating will be Harriman and i doubt that will happen won on a fluke pass last year in final seconds,better savor the flavor maybe a long time before you get another win in Roane County. :)

[Edited by bballtn on 8-27-02 2:55P]

Posted by cats1990:

Rockwood is good, and they play in the toughest region in 2a. Speed will be the difference Rockwood 34 - 13 over Midway.

I don't think the current crop in 2-2A has quite the claim that it did a few years ago. It's probably the 3rd best region at best. 3-2A and 7-2A are much tougher regions now that Loudon and AE are gone.

It does seem like its always a close game, no matter which team is better. Should be a good one, but I agree Rockwood will own the 4th quarter.

Bballtn you seem kinda bitter about Midway. If I recall correctly Midway led almost the entire game. Harriman is the team who will be lucky to get another win in Roane Co. Midway is the only team they can hope to beat.

No way swamp, I would say 7-2a is close, but 3-2a not even close! I agree Tyner is one of the best 2a teams in the state, but they don't have a lot of back-up. I have seen Polk co. Tellico, and Meigs co., and Sweetwater would blowout everyone but Tyner! I also think Oliver springs, and probably Wartburg would finish behind tyner if they were in that region. And I haven't even mentioned alcoa, and rockwood yet! If they were all grouped together 2-2a would have 5 of the top 7 teams! 3-2a might be 4th toughest, because 4-2a is tougher to. Good luck to all 2a teams! :rolleyes:

Im not bitter just stating a fact my team beat Midway last year.Sound like to me your the bitter one with Harriman,but know matter the Question was Rockwood vs Midway score still say as bad as Rockwood wants it to be. ;)

Posted by KevB1990:

What's the outlook for Midway this year? I used to work with a man that went there and I tried to keep up with them as much as possible last year with their run to the Semis.

Do they have to rebuild this year, or are they returning a lot of starters?

I think it's a rebuilding year. I'll re-read their preview in the RCN and get back to you.

Posted by cats1990:

No way swamp, I would say 7-2a is close, but 3-2a not even close! I agree Tyner is one of the best 2a teams in the state, but they don't have a lot of back-up. I have seen Polk co. Tellico, and Meigs co., and Sweetwater would blowout everyone but Tyner! I also think Oliver springs, and probably Wartburg would finish behind tyner if they were in that region. And I haven't even mentioned alcoa, and rockwood yet! If they were all grouped together 2-2a would have 5 of the top 7 teams! 3-2a might be 4th toughest, because 4-2a is tougher to. Good luck to all 2a teams! ;)

You're leaving out Sequatchie and Marion. I think Sweetwater/Alcoa may be better than Tyner/Meigs, but I'll take Sequatchie/Marion/Tellico/Bledsoe/Polk over OS/Wartburg/Harriman/Rockwood