Midway at Rockwood on 8-29

WaggleRT

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by bballtn:

Im not bitter just stating a fact my team beat Midway last year.Sound like to me your the bitter one with Harriman,but know matter the Question was Rockwood vs Midway score still say as bad as Rockwood wants it to be. :D

I'm sorry if I misunderstood but what fact are you stating then? So who is your team? Must be Rockwood. ;)

Posted by KevB1990:

What's the outlook for Midway this year? I used to work with a man that went there and I tried to keep up with them as much as possible last year with their run to the Semis.

Do they have to rebuild this year, or are they returning a lot of starters?

They aren't returning a lot of starters, but the new starters are mostly upper-classmen. One key starter that is returning is fullback Joe Harman, who was a key to their success last year.

Their schedule isn't overly difficult, traveling to Oneida, but playing Greenback and Coalfield at home. They should definitely be a playoff team.

Midway's biggest strength may be their coaching staff. While I think Coach Branson was a great coach, he seemed to have lost his fire in the last few years. 3rd(?)-yr coach Craig Moser has really lifted the GreenWave program.

I still think that Rockwood will have too much speed in the opener, though.

Rockwood 21-14.

No, I didn't forget about those other teams, You are from roane co, you don't think os, or wartburg are stronger or as strong as meigs, and polk, or marion? I have seen all these teams this year, and sweetwater would destroy all of them! and I think OS, wartburg, alcoa and even rockwood would defeat almost everyone except Tyner. Tyner is first with no close 2nd! And as for alcoa, I think they will be in a fight just to make the play-offs! Depending on how quick they grow up, they will finish anywhere from 2nd to 5th in their region (I think 4th) and will have a 4-6 or maybe a 5 - 5 record at best! I know that seems hard to believe,(people keep voting for them in the polls on history alone) but it will be a fact that people will realize in a couple more weeks, when they start 0-3! I do say goodluck to all teams! I love high school football! :D

Posted by tigersfan:

Swamp, you just like the Midway coaching staff because they've got 2 Kingston boys coaching! I'm just joking. :D They have done a fine job the past three years. They seem to get alot out of their players.

My prediction Rockwood 14-7. Can't stop the speed.

Nah.. I just am partial to Midway b/c I've had a lot of family graduate there.