class 1 region 1

bulldogs10

There's an epidemic been going on at Hampton since 2005. Its called chest-pounding syndrome. There seems to be more trash talkers down there every year. They went 5-5 last year and you would think they were the champions of the world. Then I heard yesterday that Lunsford said this was his best line ever. How easy it is to forget how good the 2001 Cloudland line was. Hampton hasn't fielded any teams in recent years that could come even close to that team. Slow down on the chest pounding or it could be 5-5 again. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Last year's line was supposedly one of the best as well and we saw what happened. I'm going to support Hampton this year but if the overly inflated ego is possible indicator of things to come....they may be lucky to be 5-5... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's worse is they didn't learn from the 49-0 smashing they got from Greenback. Then they give Morristown East who is known mostly for being a cellar dweller in their region a good scrimmage and lo and behold their world beaters again. Go figure. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

well ive been at the practices and not many big heads. the seniors work hard to lead the younger players. now a few ppl might have a few words to say but every team has those ppl. the line was hyped up last year. very big fast and strong but no experience and that killed them. . however they know the plays they r willing to work and listen pretty much they r willing to be coached now. best of luck to everyone.

we got killed by greenback ill agree. but i dont see how yall say cloudland is better when the week before that hampton killed cloudland with two big players playing hurt? just saying it will be a good game just dont over look us. anyone kno about the passing league games at cloudland?

There's an epidemic been going on at Hampton since 2005. Its called chest-pounding syndrome. There seems to be more trash talkers down there every year. They went 5-5 last year and you would think they were the champions of the world. Then I heard yesterday that Lunsford said this was his best line ever. How easy it is to forget how good the 2001 Cloudland line was. Hampton hasn't fielded any teams in recent years that could come even close to that team. Slow down on the chest pounding or it could be 5-5 again. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

if the '07 dogs played the '01 landers the dogs would easily win. the line was better. yea this years line is prob. going to be lunsfords best line. seems like you landers like to do alot of trash talking your self

im sure if the dogs played south pitt up here in the rain we would have won too.

If is a big word there tho /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I hope Hampton does well this year but if your going by what actually happened comparing the 01 landers and the 07 dogs....well the stats don't lie /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />.....but theres no need to talk about past teams either we're sorta talking about this year...wish all teams the best of luck and expectin a hard fought season for everyone /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

im sure if the dogs played south pitt up here in the rain we would have won too.

Doubt that!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Hampton fan (even a bigger Pujo fan). Have been since we came up there the day after Thanksgiving '05. Nothing like small town football. You guys put together a run of a few good years, making it to the semi's like 4-5 years in a row, and that commands some respect. I just think some of the "Dogg Pound" need to check themselves. Alot of talk for coming off a 5-5 year, but that's nothing new. Hearing AT last year, he's the best thing that's came out of East Tn. since Peyton Manning. Almost had me convinced that y'all had won it all in those runs to the semi's.

Here's an idea...... win the region outright, go to the playoff taking it one game at a time, get over the semi-final hump (which is apparently bigger than Grandfather Mtn.), put a gold ball in your case, then pound your chest.

Btw, nice signature. Maybe you should shoot for the 15th game, instead of the 14th. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If it makes you feel any better, Cloudland probably wouldn't have won it in '01, if we hadn't been in the 3a Semi's. No offense to any 'Landers, or my man Pujo.

Doubt that!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Hampton fan (even a bigger Pujo fan). Have been since we came up there the day after Thanksgiving '05. Nothing like small town football. You guys put together a run of a few good years, making it to the semi's like 4-5 years in a row, and that commands some respect. I just think some of the "Dogg Pound" need to check themselves. Alot of talk for coming off a 5-5 year, but that's nothing new. Hearing AT last year, he's the best thing that's came out of East Tn. since Peyton Manning. Almost had me convinced that y'all had won it all in those runs to the semi's.

Here's an idea...... win the region outright, go to the playoff taking it one game at a time, get over the semi-final hump (which is apparently bigger than Grandfather Mtn.), put a gold ball in your case, then pound your chest.

Btw, nice signature. Maybe you should shoot for the 15th game, instead of the 14th. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If it makes you feel any better, Cloudland probably wouldn't have won it in '01, if we hadn't been in the 3a Semi's. No offense to any 'Landers, or my man Pujo.

I'm pretty sure this post just blew everyone way, nice posting ;p

I'm pretty sure this post just blew everyone way, nice posting ;p

the signature is about taking it one step at a time. it dont matter who you are if you make it to the state semi-finals your pretty good and that should be an accomplishment. thats the goal i want the hampton bulldogs to make. im sure cloudland would have loved to make it to the semis three times in a row. worry about your own team

if the '07 dogs played the '01 landers the dogs would easily win. the line was better. yea this years line is prob. going to be lunsfords best line. seems like you landers like to do alot of trash talking your self

I'm taking into consideration that I am talking to a child, but even most Hampton folk will tell you that the 2001 Cloudland team is untouchable by any team that Hampton, HV, or Cloudland has fielded in recent years. Most people have forgotten how good Mark Byrd was. Little Luns was a very good QB but even he will tell you that Mark was in a league of his own. And Keith Buchanun would be playing on Sunday if he would have had two good legs. There will never be another beefy boys like the ones in 2001. I hope Hampton does well this year. They will have their work cut out for them in the 2-A playoffs as will the Landers in 1-A. Our Highlanders are no powerhouse by any means but I look for our team to be better and to challenge for the conference.