Who Wins the Final 7-AAA as we know it now?

davidlimbaugh

Who Wins the Final Year of 7-AAA?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the Final Year of 7-AAA?

so besides the bad call and everything that happened in the 7th, what happened with siegel last night? after the way people have talked them up i figured they would make relatively easy work out of lavergne. were they just not hitting it or what?

Siegel needs their best hitters and position players in the lineup and in the right spots. The two best offensive and defensive players are currently sitting. In my opinion there are infielders that need to be in the outfield and outfielders that should not be in the lineup. Kosinski is a bonus so far with his home run production and we should be taking advantage of that. We need a dominant closer and hopefully Robinson can help us there soon. Siegel just needs to get healthy and put the best nine players on the field period. It's also the second game of the season and things will get better.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siegel needs their best hitters and position players in the lineup and in the right spots. The two best offensive and defensive players are currently sitting. In my opinion there are infielders that need to be in the outfield and outfielders that should not be in the lineup. Kosinski is a bonus so far with his home run production and we should be taking advantage of that. We need a dominant closer and hopefully Robinson can help us there soon. Siegel just needs to get healthy and put the best nine players on the field period. It's also the second game of the season and things will get better.

I think there are more than two players that sat last night that could have made a difference but I agree that the best nine should ultimately play, but it's still early. We'll see where we are when that first district game rolls around. Assuming that everyone is healthy I think you'll see the best that Siegel has to offer when we play Oakland on the 17th. If some of the guys are still hurting it will be interesting to see who we send to the plate and how creative Reavis can get. I can only address one of our injuries personally but things are definitely looking good and we're ahead of schedule. Coach will find a way.

Go Stars!!

Off night for us last night so out to Lavergne I go to watch Siegel. Mick and Willenborg .... there are a bunch of kids in the area that need a summer team to play on so maybe you two guys can use your coaching expertise in that manner instead of coming on here and telling everyone how much more you know than your coach. Mick.. maybe you would not be so judgemental about things if your kid was healthy and in the lineup. Oh I forgot...he wouldn't be in the lineup anyway(3 game suspension) Willenborg.......So the kids in the outfield should not have been there. King had some hits and made a nice catch, Taylor had a big hit, Duvall no hits but heard he had a good game on Monday. By no means did I see a infielder that hits well enough that he should replace any of those outfielders. Had one of your big bats back last night and I was not impressed. There might be a couple of infielders that should not be in the lineup(shaky defense and no hitting). 1 kid couldn't even execute a relay that would have been huge if he catches the ball and makes the throw home. Sounds to me like you might be worried about pt for your kid.

Off night for us last night so out to Lavergne I go to watch Siegel. Mick and Willenborg .... there are a bunch of kids in the area that need a summer team to play on so maybe you two guys can use your coaching expertise in that manner instead of coming on here and telling everyone how much more you know than your coach. Mick.. maybe you would not be so judgemental about things if your kid was healthy and in the lineup. Oh I forgot...he wouldn't be in the lineup anyway(3 game suspension) Willenborg.......So the kids in the outfield should not have been there. King had some hits and made a nice catch, Taylor had a big hit, Duvall no hits but heard he had a good game on Monday. By no means did I see a infielder that hits well enough that he should replace any of those outfielders. Had one of your big bats back last night and I was not impressed. There might be a couple of infielders that should not be in the lineup(shaky defense and no hitting). 1 kid couldn't even execute a relay that would have been huge if he catches the ball and makes the throw home. Sounds to me like you might be worried about pt for your kid.

Ouch Blaze, I resemble that remark /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Just thought this was the place for armchair coaches to post their thoughts on the team and the lineup. Seems like that's what everyone else is doing on other threads. I support Coach and always have...wouldn't volunteer my time to help the program otherwise. I wouldn't make much of a Summer coach unless you guys need someone to grill burgers or work concessions /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> that I can do. Pretty harsh on the injury Blaze, don't want to wish that on any player and the 3 game suspension will be served and we'll support the team while it is. You must not have seen me at the Lavergne game cheering for the guys, I was over on the right side of the bleachers.

Ouch Blaze, I resemble that remark /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Just thought this was the place for armchair coaches to post their thoughts on the team and the lineup. Seems like that's what everyone else is doing on other threads. I support Coach and always have...wouldn't volunteer my time to help the program otherwise. I wouldn't make much of a Summer coach unless you guys need someone to grill burgers or work concessions /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> that I can do. Pretty harsh on the injury Blaze, don't want to wish that on any player and the 3 game suspension will be served and we'll support the team while it is. You must not have seen me at the Lavergne game cheering for the guys, I was over on the right side of the bleachers.

I do not wish harm to any players including your son. Honestly, I have not seen alot of other teams judging the coaches decision on this site(except for Cookeville) Ever stop to think that maybe the kids that are in the lineup are there because they are doing the things that the coach asks of them(like showing up for practice). Wow, how word gets around. So many kids(and their parents) think they are bigger and better than the rest. I would much rather have a group of average players that are great kids over a group of great players that are average kids. Props go out to your coach for his discipline. With all the rain in the forecast the suspensions may carry into district play for you guys. I like our chances more and more the more I read this site.

I do not wish harm to any players including your son. Honestly, I have not seen alot of other teams judging the coaches decision on this site(except for Cookeville) Ever stop to think that maybe the kids that are in the lineup are there because they are doing the things that the coach asks of them(like showing up for practice). Wow, how word gets around. So many kids(and their parents) think they are bigger and better than the rest. I would much rather have a group of average players that are great kids over a group of great players that are average kids. Props go out to your coach for his discipline. With all the rain in the forecast the suspensions may carry into district play for you guys. I like our chances more and more the more I read this site.

Point taken. Good luck to you guys this year.

Hey - we all are on here to speculate and it's all in fun or was until you decided to cut us to the quick - lighten up! No one is trying to tell the coach what to do. I've said it too - best 9 on the field. We speculate "what if" to have something to discuss. When some of the boys serve their time, then we (coach) may need to move players to get what he wants.

As far as the other statements yes the outfield is "OK" we see moving players around to allow for the hot bats and gap stopping speed.

As for the relay - did you see it or hear of it? That play is like turning two - if the ball is thrown behind the player accepting the relay, then the play is basically off. The throw came off balance and not on line - almost a throw to second vs left center to home line. The player had his back to home plate - the play at that point was dead.

Did you see the hits you're referring to? Enough said. Both young infielders had hits too - remember? They will do fine in their rolls.

And the big bats - Siegel can go 1-9 with homer power - very few middle TN teams can say that.

Good points Blazeputerouter! Coach has to go whith what is available at that time weather injuries or other issues arrise. I'm glad our coach is trying to stop the nonsense. It is a great opportinuty for the backups to win the spot outright.

Hey - we all are on here to speculate and it's all in fun or was until you decided to cut us to the quick - lighten up! No one is trying to tell the coach what to do. I've said it too - best 9 on the field. We speculate "what if" to have something to discuss. When some of the boys serve their time, then we (coach) may need to move players to get what he wants.

As far as the other statements yes the outfield is "OK" we see moving players around to allow for the hot bats and gap stopping speed.

As for the relay - did you see it or hear of it? That play is like turning two - if the ball is thrown behind the player accepting the relay, then the play is basically off. The throw came off balance and not on line - almost a throw to second vs left center to home line. The player had his back to home plate - the play at that point was dead.

Did you see the hits you're referring to? Enough said. Both young infielders had hits too - remember? They will do fine in their rolls.

And the big bats - Siegel can go 1-9 with homer power - very few middle TN teams can say that.

Thank you Longgone. I believe it's time for TheMick to take a sabbatical from Coach T. I seem to have stepped on someones toes and that was never my intention. I consider all the boys an extended family and I respect Coach Reavis and what he's trying to accomplish. I don't know where Blaze is getting his information but someone doesn't seem to like me. I hope everyone has a great year.

Mick

Go Stars!!