Who Wins the Final 7-AAA as we know it now?

davidlimbaugh

Who Wins the Final Year of 7-AAA?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the Final Year of 7-AAA?

My WARRIORS took their first loss of the season to farragut today 10-1 ...we played pretty decent but just not well enough to win the game they hit 4 HRs against us and that was the biggest difference in the game today...we defended well and pitched well didnt hit it as well i think we had 5 hits and they had 9 hits we will see them next weekend so our players are looking forward to the challenge

in the night cap my WARRIORS got the win 7-4 against dalton...Matt Tunstill got the win for the WARRIORS pitching 5 innings and giving up 2 hits ...he did a great job mixing his pitches and throwing strikes...we hit the ball decent tonight against dalton and did a good job of moving the runners and getting them in we played 7 games in 6 days and went 6-1 so i think my WARRIORS had a good week now we move on back to district play against Warren county on tues and wed see you then

GO WARRIORS

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if he coached like he taught in the class room i really dont think anybody would have a problem because he does a really good job. and we hear he is the life of the partyin most meeting quick witted and fun to be around.

but if you were around to watch his coaching up close and personal you would have a different view. yell he won the district last year but had if played the best 9 he had a good shot at state. how he treats some kids like they are gods gift to baseball and others like you ought to thank me that your here attitude is what ticks most people off around here. when a person who doesnt have a kid in the program can see he doesnt have the best boys on the field or he tries to appease a player by giving him some mound time when he is way better catcher than the catcher he is starting and can can hit probaly 250 points higher than the starter. he deserves all the critism he gets. he must welcome it. ask any of us non parent fans that go to the games. and as far as previous coaches the one before chaffin i would love for him to still be here, because he didnt put some one on the team "money people" get involved and he leaves not wanting to be at a program he has to take people who dont deserve to be there. chaffin takes a lot of people on the team the more the more money is raised is his motto. and i still say we had the talent not only to win last years regular season and the district tournament and beat lincoln county in region and move on to the sub state. and yes it goes back to coaching. yell all coaches looks at and does thimgs a little differently but i cant think of a coach that would have stuck with our catcher and ss last year with so much on the line and so much talent on the bench

I will let it be after this. However, do you go to practices? Are you in on team meetings? Maybe attitudes play a factor in some of his decisions in not playing a player that is allegedly better than certain players that are starting. Maybe there is a better chemistry with certain lineup combinations. Like I mentioned before, I am sure that he is not putting a lineup on the field that doesn't fit the situation. You can't tell me that Butch has cut, or not started, players that could have helped him advance to state or win the district unless there was a legit reason behind it. Last year, Cookeville had 4 very good seniors in Griggs, Reeder, Farley and Cox (if I have left somebody off, I apologize, my memory is going with my age). They ran into a very hot (and talented) Lincoln County team at the wrong time. The best team doesn't always win, but the best team at the time wins. The players play the game, not the coach. The players do, however, make out the lineup. They do this by deciding how hard they are going to practice and play and what kind of teammate they will be. I do know that last years Cookeville team had chemistry issues, not Coach Chaffin issues. The players attitudes sometimes reflect what mommy and daddy really feel. This comes from having to listen to it when they get home. Bottom line, when the coach is right, he is right, when he is wrong, he is still right. Parents, or non-parents, should be more supportive of their respective program, cause getting on message boards and complaining does no good. Just stirs the pot. Unless you are putting in your time for what little compensation these guys do get, I would just call time and temperature and talk to them. Or go ask Coach Chaffin if you can help and be an assistant Coach, put in all the same time he does and see if you still have the energy to get on coacht and blast him every chance you can. I will respectfully disagree with anything that you say to argue my points. Not saying that I am 100% correct, just saying, this is going nowhere and you cannot change my mind and that most of your posts on this subject get laughed at anyhow (by more people than just me). So, off to the refrigerator in the garage and Good Night Now!

I don't get why Cookeville fans constantly ride Butch Chaffin. He is one of the best coaches in the state and in the end his teams seem to always be in contention. Every coach does things that makes people scratch their heads, but I don't know any coach that puts a team on the field and thinks "man, I sure am glad that I didn't put the best lineup for the situation on the field." Coaches do things for one reason or another. There might be more going on behind the scenes than people realize. I actually heard at a summer tournament 2 years ago from a Cookeville parent that their kid should be the starting 3rd baseman over "that kid we got there." "That kid" was Bo Reeder. Point made. I know this is going to cause a frenzy with you Cookeville faithful, but after having some of the top players from your program the past several summers (who seemed to have very few complaints about their coach), you should appreciate what you have. He instills some discipline and "get after it" that very few other coaches do.

well you could hire him to coach your summer league team

I think I have all of the 7AAA schedules now. I could use some help entering scores (since I don't have them /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />).

Schedules (they should link automatically momentarily):

Blackman

Cookeville

Lebanon

Oakland

Riverdale

Warren Co.

White Co.

I think I have all of the 7AAA schedules now. I could use some help entering scores (since I don't have them /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />).

Blackman

Cookeville

Lebanon

Oakland

Riverdale

Warren Co.

White Co.

Oakland (5-2) Schedule and scores

3/9 at Wilson Central L 3-2

3/12 Rossview DNP

3/13 Beech W 7-0

3/16 Smyrna W 14-0

3/16 Father Ryan W 14-4

3/17 at Siegel L 2-1

3/18 Siegel W 2-0

3/20 Lavergne W 6-5

Blackman

Cookeville

Lebanon

Oakland

Riverdale

Warren Co.

White Co.

Coach T, I try to keep up with them,

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/standings.pdf

And I call/post Riverdale's when we finish a game. I hesitate to call in others in case we get it wrong (like the other night - LOL!)

if he coached like he taught in the class room i really dont think anybody would have a problem because he does a really good job. and we hear he is the life of the partyin most meeting quick witted and fun to be around.

but if you were around to watch his coaching up close and personal you would have a different view. yell he won the district last year but had if played the best 9 he had a good shot at state. how he treats some kids like they are gods gift to baseball and others like you ought to thank me that your here attitude is what ticks most people off around here. when a person who doesnt have a kid in the program can see he doesnt have the best boys on the field or he tries to appease a player by giving him some mound time when he is way better catcher than the catcher he is starting and can can hit probaly 250 points higher than the starter. he deserves all the critism he gets. he must welcome it. ask any of us non parent fans that go to the games. and as far as previous coaches the one before chaffin i would love for him to still be here, because he didnt put some one on the team "money people" get involved and he leaves not wanting to be at a program he has to take people who dont deserve to be there. chaffin takes a lot of people on the team the more the more money is raised is his motto. and i still say we had the talent not only to win last years regular season and the district tournament and beat lincoln county in region and move on to the sub state. and yes it goes back to coaching. yell all coaches looks at and does thimgs a little differently but i cant think of a coach that would have stuck with our catcher and ss last year with so much on the line and so much talent on the bench

When I sit under a tent at Blackman high school a couple of summers ago and heard a Cookeville mom tell another Cookeville mom that her son should be starting ahead of the coach's pet at 3rd base, that is all I needed to know about the talent evaluation skills and lineup creation abilities of some of Cookeville's parents. The other 3rd baseman? A Freshman at East Tennessee State this year: REEDER, Bo .329 7 HR 19 RBI in 19 starts of ETSU's 19 games.

Now, back to ignoring Tromo... Just wanted to give others some perspective on the discussion. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

When I sit under a tent at Blackman high school a couple of summers ago and heard a Cookeville mom tell another Cookeville mom that her son should be starting ahead of the coach's pet at 3rd base, that is all I needed to know about the talent evaluation skills and lineup creation abilities of some of Cookeville's parents. The other 3rd baseman? A Freshman at East Tennessee State this year: REEDER, Bo .329 7 HR 19 RBI in 19 starts of ETSU's 19 games.

Now, back to ignoring Tromo... Just wanted to give others some perspective on the discussion. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i dont think we are disputing bo being and excellent player we are just saying if played the players who should have been on the field we would have had a better shot at going to the state

The four series this week are

Cookeville (0-2) vs Oakland (1-1)

Siegel (1-1) vs Blackman (2-0)

Warren Co (0-2) vs Riverdale (2-0)

White Co (0-2) vs Lebanon (2-0)

and next week we get

Cookeville vs Blackman

Warren Co vs Oakland

White Co vs Riverdale

Siegel vs Lebanon

we will be almost halfway after those games.....