Who Wins the Final 7-AAA as we know it now?

davidlimbaugh

Who Wins the Final Year of 7-AAA?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the Final Year of 7-AAA?

Good game tonight by my WARRIORS!!!!! we hit the ball pretty decent today and cookeville had an off night...Squeek pitched very well after the first 2 innings and really bucked up after that...defense played well overall making good plays but we did a good job of putting the ball in play to take a 13-3 win tonight in 5 innings

GO WARRIORS

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the final score was 2-1? Did he give up 4 hits?

MeepMeep

Siegel Oakland split. Siegel throws a 3 hitter tonight on the mound, but gets no run support. Oakland 2 Siegel 0. If star pitchers keep throwing the way they are hopefully the bats will come around, and they will be a very good ball club. As of right now, they are average. Props to Barrett throwing a great game at Siegel best I've ever seen him. Watson threw good as well. Sims starts tonight, and gives up 2 runs with only giving up 2 hits. Very nice outing by Sims. Roberson seems to be the main guy out of the pen for the stars as of right now, Threw nice the first night throwing only 8 pitches in the 8th inning. Also came in tonight and threw 2 2/3, and gives up 1 hit. Stars pitching great Stars defense good Stars hitting so far poor

lebanon got the sweep and improved to 4-0 tonight against warren co. winning 10-4. great pitching performance by chase hudson throwing a complete game. lebanon is continuing to hit the ball very well. defense made a couple of errors tonight, but when you put up at least 10 runs a game you can get away with that. they still only have a few errors on the season. they play watertown and wilson central tomorrow, and then dont play till districts next tuesday and wednesday.

Blackman swept White County tonight, as expected. Sisco hit another bomb, which puts him at 4 already, and threw five scoreless innings with one bloop single givin up and 12 k's. But Bowers didnt play but that didnt affect the run scoring much, considering we put up 22 runs in the last two gams. But they will have a great test on Friday, when they go down to Bartlett to face the defending state champions from Arkansas, then Bartlett, then Saturday they play Bolton at Bolton and ECS, and if im not mistaking they won state in 2A a few years ago so this should be a real test for my Blaze.

tromo = set ignore to true....

I don't get why Cookeville fans constantly ride Butch Chaffin. He is one of the best coaches in the state and in the end his teams seem to always be in contention. Every coach does things that makes people scratch their heads, but I don't know any coach that puts a team on the field and thinks "man, I sure am glad that I didn't put the best lineup for the situation on the field." Coaches do things for one reason or another. There might be more going on behind the scenes than people realize. I actually heard at a summer tournament 2 years ago from a Cookeville parent that their kid should be the starting 3rd baseman over "that kid we got there." "That kid" was Bo Reeder. Point made. I know this is going to cause a frenzy with you Cookeville faithful, but after having some of the top players from your program the past several summers (who seemed to have very few complaints about their coach), you should appreciate what you have. He instills some discipline and "get after it" that very few other coaches do.

I don't get why Cookeville fans constantly ride Butch Chaffin. He is one of the best coaches in the state and in the end his teams seem to always be in contention. Every coach does things that makes people scratch their heads, but I don't know any coach that puts a team on the field and thinks "man, I sure am glad that I didn't put the best lineup for the situation on the field." Coaches do things for one reason or another. There might be more going on behind the scenes than people realize. I actually heard at a summer tournament 2 years ago from a Cookeville parent that their kid should be the starting 3rd baseman over "that kid we got there." "That kid" was Bo Reeder. Point made. I know this is going to cause a frenzy with you Cookeville faithful, but after having some of the top players from your program the past several summers (who seemed to have very few complaints about their coach), you should appreciate what you have. He instills some discipline and "get after it" that very few other coaches do.

I agree with you on that one borodbackscoach. He does a great job with their program. He gets alot of grief from the meanest home crown in 7aaa.

my WARRIORS had a good win tonight against Soddy-Daisy 13-6 in the first inning we score a run and we give up 6 runs then in the top of the second we score 5 runs so we get those runs back pretty quick to tie the game back up and then we take the lead a few innings later for good...Jake Francis came in relief in the first inning and SD didnt score anymore after that first inning...in fact now that i think about it i dont think they really threatend again after the first inning and i am not sure if they got anyone to second base after that inning and i am really sure no one got to third after the first inning we played good defense today and hit the ball pretty decent...GREAT JOB WARRIORS

GO WARRIORS

RIVERDALE had another good win today we started a little slow but with good pitching from Jimmy Gilbert who started the game holding pope john paul II to 3 runs through 3 or 4 innings he kept us in the game and then Corey Crunk finished the game holding them to 2 more runs and we won 15-5 we hit the ball pretty decent at the end I wnat to mention 1 player in particular...Corey Perry he was not in the line up today but when jordon davis got hurt he stepped to the outfield and batted in the 5 hole we shifted quite a bit defensivly my son went to 1st underland went to short and outfileder fisher went to 2nd so Perry who hit in the 5 hole in his first at bat ground to 3rd but his second at bat with 2 outs and the tiying run on second he hits a nice base hit to center feild to score the run and then the next inning he gets up again with a runner on third and the infield drawn in hits it just over their head for another base hit and i think we scored 2 runs on that so he was 2-3 with 3 or 4 RBIs so he was big in stepping up when called upon

We had several that hit the ball decent so good job it was another lucky win fo rthe WARRIORS

GO WARRIORS

and the sad part is he deserves every bit of it and more

you do realize yall won district last year...hard to really argue with winning this district you have to have talent but you also have to coach because this is a tough district are their decision we scratch our heads on SURE and that is with every coach but they know more than we do...so i respectfully disagree wtih you your coach is good a coach

and the sad part is he deserves every bit of it and more

No, he really does not deserve every bit of it and more.. I am sure I am wrong on the exact count, but that is why the Cookeville Baseball Program went through something like 3 coaches in 4 or 5 years a few years back. People like you can never be satisfied. That is so sad. A coach like Chaffin, that would be welcome with open arms at several other programs, gets the kind of garbage treatment he gets, is unfair. I am glad that he has thick skin. Kinda pathetic that you admit it is sad that he deserves every bit of it and more. Kinda like you admit that you are wrong. Maybe you should admit to yourself that little johnny is getting treated the way he should be treated. I know that every parent (including myself) thinks their kid is the greatest player on the team, but not every team has a great player. I hope that Coach Chaffin is around for years to come and Cookeville is a major player in whatever district they may be in. He is a fine man and a great coach. If you are a sour Cookevile parent, you must be drinking from the wrong Kool Aid or just don't know baseball.

No, he really does not deserve every bit of it and more.. I am sure I am wrong on the exact count, but that is why the Cookeville Baseball Program went through something like 3 coaches in 4 or 5 years a few years back. People like you can never be satisfied. That is so sad. A coach like Chaffin, that would be welcome with open arms at several other programs, gets the kind of garbage treatment he gets, is unfair. I am glad that he has thick skin. Kinda pathetic that you admit it is sad that he deserves every bit of it and more. Kinda like you admit that you are wrong. Maybe you should admit to yourself that little johnny is getting treated the way he should be treated. I know that every parent (including myself) thinks their kid is the greatest player on the team, but not every team has a great player. I hope that Coach Chaffin is around for years to come and Cookeville is a major player in whatever district they may be in. He is a fine man and a great coach. If you are a sour Cookevile parent, you must be drinking from the wrong Kool Aid or just don't know baseball.

if he coached like he taught in the class room i really dont think anybody would have a problem because he does a really good job. and we hear he is the life of the partyin most meeting quick witted and fun to be around.

but if you were around to watch his coaching up close and personal you would have a different view. yell he won the district last year but had if played the best 9 he had a good shot at state. how he treats some kids like they are gods gift to baseball and others like you ought to thank me that your here attitude is what ticks most people off around here. when a person who doesnt have a kid in the program can see he doesnt have the best boys on the field or he tries to appease a player by giving him some mound time when he is way better catcher than the catcher he is starting and can can hit probaly 250 points higher than the starter. he deserves all the critism he gets. he must welcome it. ask any of us non parent fans that go to the games. and as far as previous coaches the one before chaffin i would love for him to still be here, because he didnt put some one on the team "money people" get involved and he leaves not wanting to be at a program he has to take people who dont deserve to be there. chaffin takes a lot of people on the team the more the more money is raised is his motto. and i still say we had the talent not only to win last years regular season and the district tournament and beat lincoln county in region and move on to the sub state. and yes it goes back to coaching. yell all coaches looks at and does thimgs a little differently but i cant think of a coach that would have stuck with our catcher and ss last year with so much on the line and so much talent on the bench