Upperman v. Livingston

up2late

Weak games might of had something to do with it.... You still have to come out ready to play. Night in. Night out.

Because if I looked at the schedule correctly, LA has 6 more of those so called 'weak' teams to play before they play Upperman again.

I believe you are looking at it right. Although if LA plays like they did tonight, they may not seem like weak teams!

This loss certainly hurts, probably as much for some fans as for the team, but we must get past it and get back on the right track.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game. this year 7AA is gonna be taking two really talented teams into region play i believe. I thought livingston played descent but their shots were not falling. that definitely hurt them. however, i gotta give the bees credit they played their hearts out. i knew that these teams were closely matched in the starting five. it's definite that la has the upper hand when the subbing occurs though. good to see #10 ethan christian playing like he is capable of playing tonight. he and #24 dustin baxter basically carried upperman to their 13 point lead in the first half. and great to see the rest of the kids pick it up for them in the second half. these teams will probably see each other at least two more times. gotta love the rivalry we got going here. did anyone else think the officiating was terrible tonight. i mean it was just awful i thought. (both ways). anyways la will definitely be ready for revenge next time they meet up so upperman better be getting ready for the rematch.

What a game. this year 7AA is gonna be taking two really talented teams into region play i believe. I thought livingston played descent but their shots were not falling. that definitely hurt them. however, i gotta give the bees credit they played their hearts out.gotta love the rivalry we got going here. did anyone else think the officiating was terrible tonight. i mean it was just awful i thought. (both ways). anyways la will definitely be ready for revenge next time they meet up so upperman better be getting ready for the rematch.

WHAT HAPPENED tonight? Some of the LA players looked like they had never saw a basketball in their lives. And they sure couldnt hit a shot or rebound. Congrads to Upperman on a hard fought win! BUT I do have a problem with a player trying to take out Chase Dunn and the the coach nodding in approval of it. They both shoud have been "T"'d up and threw out in the snow. Also Coach McWilliams or what ever his name is needs to learn to sit down and shut up and quit arguing with every call that the refs make. Aslo dosent a spectator comming on the court warrant a technical foul. I noticed that a guy kept comming out and talking to the ref seveal times what was he doing offering to pay him more. Because it was for sure they did LA no favors tonight. Ok im done ranting and raving about the game. I guess I just expected more out of the boys than what they did tonight and alot of the reasons for the loss is on them and not everyone else. Again congrads to the Bees on tonights win but be carefull you still have to come to LA things WILL be diffrent.

WHAT HAPPENED tonight? Some of the LA players looked like they had never saw a basketball in their lives. And they sure couldnt hit a shot or rebound. Congrads to Upperman on a hard fought win! BUT I do have a problem with a player trying to take out Chase Dunn and the the coach nodding in approval of it. They both shoud have been "T"'d up and threw out in the snow. Also Coach McWilliams or what ever his name is needs to learn to sit down and shut up and quit arguing with every call that the refs make. Aslo dosent a spectator comming on the court warrant a technical foul. I noticed that a guy kept comming out and talking to the ref seveal times what was he doing offering to pay him more. Because it was for sure they did LA no favors tonight. Ok im done ranting and raving about the game. I guess I just expected more out of the boys than what they did tonight and alot of the reasons for the loss is on them and not everyone else. Again congrads to the Bees on tonights win but be carefull you still have to come to LA things WILL be diffrent.

The Dunn fall was scary to look at. It looked like his shoulder and head hit the floor first. He is a tough nut. I personally thought it should have been called flagrant, but in my opinion the refs did not cost Livingston the game.Just a bad, bad game for the Cats and part of that has to be credited to Upperman. This was round one in what could be a 3 round match.

"LA Wildcats"I know your as shocked as I am but we can't blame anyone for this game but us. Refs were bad all around (boys & girls).

I'm glad Dunn is ok because that was a scary moment. I thought his legs were going to get clipped the first time he went up so high on the play before. It looked like from where I was setting that the other boy was getting into position to make a rebound & Dunn come down. Either way the Upperman boys knew what would happen when he come down. Don??™t know that the coach told him to but these kids need to realize there is more than just a ballgame at stake??¦.He could have really gotten hurt from that. Dunn has to be a tough kid to get up from that. I also saw one of our boys trip and while he was on the ground he grabbed one of the Upperman player??™s legs and roll over with him. When did LA start playing like that? It shouldn't matter what the other teams does we needs to play our game....period. I don't know if Richard saw him do that but we all did & everyone was surprised.

I really missed my prediction on these two games by a lot! I was so pumped about the girls game because I just knew our boys had this one. We win as a team we lose as a team (fans included) but we as fans don't need to blame the other kids,refs,or fans for this lose. LA will regroup and come back from this...All I have to say is the Bees come to our house next time!!

The Dunn fall was scary to look at. It looked like his shoulder and head hit the floor first. He is a tough nut. I personally thought it should have been called flagrant, but in my opinion the refs did not cost Livingston the game.Just a bad, bad game for the Cats and part of that has to be credited to Upperman. This was round one in what could be a 3 round match.

Don't know about you, but I hope that we get to play them 3 more times!

"LA Wildcats"I know your as shocked as I am but we can't blame anyone for this game but us. Refs were bad all around (boys & girls).

I'm glad Dunn is ok because that was a scary moment. I thought his legs were going to get clipped the first time he went up so high on the play before. It looked like from where I was setting that the other boy was getting into position to make a rebound & Dunn come down. Either way the Upperman boys knew what would happen when he come down. Don??™t know that the coach told him to but these kids need to realize there is more than just a ballgame at stake??¦.He could have really gotten hurt from that. Dunn has to be a tough kid to get up from that. I also saw one of our boys trip and while he was on the ground he grabbed one of the Upperman player??™s legs and roll over with him. When did LA start playing like that? It shouldn't matter what the other teams does we needs to play our game....period. I don't know if Richard saw him do that but we all did & everyone was surprised. I really missed my prediction on these two games by a lot! I was so pumped about the girls game because I just knew our boys had this one. We win as a team we lose as a team (fans included) but we as fans don't need to blame the other kids,refs,or fans for this lose. LA will regroup and come back from this...All I have to say is the Bees come to our house next time!!

Good post hog. From the call by R.Eley, he did say it could have easily been called flagrant. I'm just proud Chase wasn't hurt. I think Upperman has always been known for atitude. Surely there Coach wouldn't tolerate such actions. LA has a reputation for some shady(dirty) play as well. I think alot people wonder if Coach Melton ever addresses it or does he encourage it. Surely he doesn't encourage it. I always heard if a player got a technical under Coach Vaughn, you could just about figure his night was over. Might be a good tool to keep a player under control. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />