Humboldt @ Lake Co. Jan. 30

Guest snakedriver

It doesn't prove anything...unless the teams are good!!! If you knew anything about the Poplar Bluff showcase you would know all those teams are good and that the Poplar Bluff Showcase is a top notch event. It's not on par with the Arby's classic but it is a very good event with a semi national flair to it. Obviouly you don't have a clue about the Poplr Bluff Showcae or else you wouldn't have said that. I can guarantee you it's about 500 times better than the Gibson County Christmas Tournement.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Union City winning that event was very good and not an easy task.

The only reason the Gibson County Tourament is still going on. That is such a big money maker its been going on for 80 years! As far as i am concerned they need to beef it up on do away with it! But the schools won't let that happen making to much greenback on it! It will always go on as long as the seats are filled ever night! Don't get mad everone but if they going to kept playing every year! They need to let one school host it everyear! They need to invite other schools in for some tougher opponents! I Know......I Know that why it is the Gibson County Tourament! If they are going kept it the the best place to play it in my opinion is GCHS! They are got one of the gyms around! It's the best Gibson County has to offer! That's just my theory whats yours!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason the Gibson County Tourament is still going on. That is such a big money maker its been going on for 80 years! As far as i am concerned they need to beef it up on do away with it! But the schools won't let that happen making to much greenback on it! It will always go on as long as the seats are filled ever night! Don't get mad everone but if they going to kept playing every year! They need to let one school host it everyear! They need to invite other schools in for some tougher opponents! I Know......I Know that why it is the Gibson County Tourament! If they are going kept it the the best place to play it in my opinion is GCHS! They are got one of the gyms around! It's the best Gibson County has to offer! That's just my theory whats yours!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would agree with all that, one hundred percent and then some. Not much more can be added to what you siad. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That Whole district has nice gyms. If I had to rank them i would put them in order

1. Gibson Co.

2. Westview

3. Dyer Co.

4. Obion Central

5. Crocket co.

6. Milan

7. Dyersburg

That Whole district has nice gyms. If I had to rank them i would put them in order

1. Gibson Co.

2. Westview

3. Dyer Co.

4. Obion Central

5. Crocket co.

6. Milan

7. Dyersburg

That is just about right i do agree! Milan and Humboldt is to much a like! But i think like u think GC has the best of them hadn't been to WV in a while! Been a couple of years but what i can recall it is a nice gym! If they going to kept playing the GCCT it needs to be hosted by GCHS everyear! I know this ruffler some HBT and most all GC fans! But it is just my of voicing my opinion! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is just about right i do agree! Milan and Humboldt is to much a like! But i think like u think GC has the best of them hadn't been to WV in a while! Been a couple of years but what i can recall it is a nice gym! If they going to kept playing the GCCT it needs to be hosted by GCHS everyear! I know this ruffler some HBT and most all GC fans! But it is just my of voicing my opinion! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm a Humboldt fan...I like that idea...GC has a very nice gym...

There's nothing similar in Milan and Humboldts Gym, except maybe capacity. I've seen worse alot worse - Humboldt definately doesn't have the best Gym, but the two have no similarities what so ever.

I do like the tourney at GC, but splitting the funds is why they rotate.

There's nothing similar in Milan and Humboldts Gym, except maybe capacity. I've seen worse alot worse - Humboldt definately doesn't have the best Gym, but the two have no similarities what so ever.

I do like the tourney at GC, but splitting the funds is why they rotate.

I should have made myself clear! Thats basically what i meant the crowd capacity is about the same! I heard that is where they are going to move it! The funds will still be split among the 5 schools no matter where it is played! I don't like Milan's gym and as matter of fact i don't like Milan period! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Yeah I can't stand when it's at Milan or Trenton..those gyms are to small.It needs to be at GC every year

I hope they do move it to GCHS! Not going to call any names but was talking to a radio personal who broadcrast some local teams! Said didn't know if was going to happen but the schools were talking among each other to make some changes to the tourament! Do u know the brackets for District 14a who plays who when and where! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />