South Pittsburg @Marion County

hoopitup10

Old Pirate don't see Yeller.......................just some timely thinking. Good points have been posted about the what ifs and reasons why. OP says the Pirate fateful should be careful and take time to pray before going into the Lions den. Rumor is the Pirates have yet to find their groove as a team with play inconsistant. The longer the game is post-poned the better the Pirates should be. Well....that's OP's thinking anyhow.The Pirates have reportedly yet found a consistant leader and outside shooters. OP says times-a-wasting, better find the answers soon.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate don't see Yeller.......................just some timely thinking. Good points have been posted about the what ifs and reasons why. OP says the Pirate fateful should be careful and take time to pray before going into the Lions den. Rumor is the Pirates have yet to find their groove as a team with play inconsistant. The longer the game is post-poned the better the Pirates should be. Well....that's OP's thinking anyhow.The Pirates have reportedly yet found a consistant leader and outside shooters. OP says times-a-wasting, better find the answers soon.

I would agree with your statement OP. I don't have a doggie in the hunt but I would say Marion is awfully good as a Valley team goes...probably the only one who can compete with the good lower level teams over here. My question is why do you want to tweek the nose of a team that has potential when the only "quality" win you have is over a 6-9 Silverdale squad by 6? Better stay quiet Pirate fans.

I would agree with your statement OP. I don't have a doggie in the hunt but I would say Marion is awfully good as a Valley team goes...probably the only one who can compete with the good lower level teams over here. My question is why do you want to tweek the nose of a team that has potential when the only "quality" win you have is over a 6-9 Silverdale squad by 6? Better stay quiet Pirate fans.

Good point Rade- as for Henegar is about 80% right now still alot of swelling but will be ready to go by mid week ! So just hold ur horses pirates youll get your shot at these Warriors /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate says THINK........"IF" Big Cody and Brocks had stayed at SP just think how good they would have been. THINK "IF" Guyer had stayed on the mountain, how MUCH better Grundy would be. And LAST.............Think...... How "BAD" Jasper would be if they had only Home grown players. Now.........OP knows that'll rattle a few cages in Jasper. As OP has stated enjoy the success while it lasts and take a knee before every BB game and show thanks for FENCE JUMPERS. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Who would you call the good lower level teams?

Old Pirate says THINK........"IF" Big Cody and Brocks had stayed at SP just think how good they would have been. THINK "IF" Guyer had stayed on the mountain, how MUCH better Grundy would be. And LAST.............Think...... How "BAD" Jasper would be if they had only Home grown players. Now.........OP knows that'll rattle a few cages in Jasper. As OP has stated enjoy the success while it lasts and take a knee before every BB game and show thanks for FENCE JUMPERS. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

IF

I was wanting to see the game between these two, but since someone cancelled the game from last Friday night, I probably won't be able to attend. Hoopitup10, I think ALL SP people probably know how good that big guy is, but the game still should not have been cancelled because someone is hurt. Whitwell is in Marion County and they played a game on Friday, so I am sure the game could have been played if the host team would have allowed it. A game between two rivals should be played on a Friday night so I hope they can reschedule for another Friday night.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> very true

OP...I would think that in order to better understand your dilema there at SP it would be important to not dwell on the fact that they "jumped" the fence but rather the reason(s) they straddled to begin with. Marion Co is not exactly the UConn of high school basketball so my question is why would they make a lateral move? Maybe the girls are prettier at MCHS...maybe there is another reason. Indian I would think MC could compete with everyone here other than maybe Howard or Temple on the lower levels...and possibly Tyner as well.

Baseball was part of the reasoning.

Sequatchie has beaten Chattanooga Christian and Soddy-Daisy, lost to Howard by around 6 but was beaten badly by them on the road. Marion isn't the only one of the teams that compete with Chattanooga but you'd have to call them #1 in the valley right now.

Baseball was part of the reasoning.

Sequatchie has beaten Chattanooga Christian and Soddy-Daisy, lost to Howard by around 6 but was beaten badly by them on the road. Marion isn't the only one of the teams that compete with Chattanooga but you'd have to call them #1 in the valley right now.

I am not a baseball fan so I don't understand that. Isn't Henegar a basketball first guy? I don't know this other kid so baseball may have been his #1 priority...I know it is Guyer's. SC win over CCS was early and a fluke...they couldn't touch them now. SC doesn't even enter into the equation.

I am not a baseball fan so I don't understand that. Isn't Henegar a basketball first guy? I don't know this other kid so baseball may have been his #1 priority...I know it is Guyer's. SC win over CCS was early and a fluke...they couldn't touch them now. SC doesn't even enter into the equation.

to say sequarchie could hang with ccs now is helarious. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />